|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in the neighborhood typically respond to Salamano?
(a) They think of him as a source of entertainment.
(b) They feel bad for him.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They invite him into their homes.
2. As a gesture of their new friendship what does Raymond offer to Meursault?
(a) A pen.
(b) Flowers from his garden.
(c) An open invitation for dinner.
(d) Sympathy for his mother's death.
3. Immediately after lunch on his first day back to work, where does Meursault go?
(a) Home to take a nap.
(b) To Marie's place to see if she is home.
(c) Back to work.
(d) To the park for a walk.
4. While Raymond, Meursault, and Masson are walking, who slashes Raymond on his arms and lips with a knife?
(b) A man he does not recognize.
(d) The Arab that has been stalking him.
5. What does Salamano have with him when Meursault sees him in front of his apartment?
(b) A pistol.
(c) His mangy dog.
(d) A package from the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Perez testify about in court?
2. When Meursault and Raymond return to the cottage, why does Meursault not come up the steps?
3. Before Raymond invites Meursault over for dinner, what is Meursault thinking about eating?
4. When Meursault returns to his job, how does he approach the work that has piled up?
5. As Meursault watches Marie converse with Masson's wife, what does he think about?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)