Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Where does Meursault live at the start of the novel?
2. In reaction to news that his mother has died, how many days does Meursault ask off from his job?
3. How does Meursault interpret his employer's response to his mother's death?
(a) He is angry that the employer will not give him time off.
(b) He thinks his employer is mocking him.
(c) He thinks the employer shows no sympathy.
(d) He is grateful for the employer's accomodations.
4. What mode of transportation does Meursault take to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
5. Where does Meursault eat before traveling to the village where his mother's retirement home is located?
(a) At his brother's house.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At his favorite cafe.
(d) At his house.
6. Which of the following items does Meursault borrow from a friend before traveling to his mother's funeral?
(b) A suit.
(c) A watch.
(d) A black tie.
This section contains 5,299 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)