|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the crew of the Envoy leave Michael?
(a) some gold in a deposit box
(b) their names
(c) a wrecked ship
(d) stock purchases
2. Who shows up at Jubal's gates with Michael?
(b) Henry Far
(c) Mrs. Douglas
3. What does Jubal discover about Michael and religion?
(a) he has no idea what it is
(b) his mother raised him as a Catholic
(c) the Martians have a very complicated religion
(d) he wants to be a Jew
4. What does Gillian give Michael?
(a) a suit of clothes
(b) some candy
(c) some pills
(d) a drink of water
5. What is grokking?
(b) sleeping and dreaming
(c) an intense understanding of a subject
(d) eating food
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the baby born on Mars named?
2. What do the Martians call dying?
3. What has Gillian become to Michael in the hospital room?
4. Who is Larry?
5. What does Jill think when Michael expresses his curiosity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jill get Michael out of the hospital and where do they go?
2. What happened to the baby Mary Smith had on Mars?
3. What is grokking and how did Michael learn it?
4. What does Gillian decide to do at the hospital one day and how does she do it?
5. What does Captain Tromp do with Michael when he returns to earth?
6. What does Jill tell Jubal about Ben and what does he do?
7. Who went to Mars 25 years before the beginning of this book and what happened to them?
8. How many levels of his being can Michael control and what does he do in a dormant state?
9. What does Michael say about his ability to make things disappear?
10. What is Michael curious about after watching the Fosterites on television and what does Jubal find out?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)