|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disgusts Duke about Michael?
(a) that he has killed two people
(b) that he is so frail
(c) eating of dead water brothers
(d) that he doesn't speak English well
2. Who gave birth on Mars before this book began?
(a) Mary Jane Lyle Smith
(b) Terry Hanks
(c) Catherine Porter
(d) Patricia Linestein
3. Who does Mrs. Douglas contact after her talk with her husband?
(b) the President
(c) her secretary
(d) Madame Alexandra Vesant
4. Where does Jill find Michael?
(a) in a sitting room
(b) out in the hall
(c) in the closet
(d) in the bathroom
5. What has Michael curious about Gillian?
(a) her being a woman
(b) her nursing skills
(c) the way she talks
(d) who her parents might be
Short Answer Questions
1. What journalist calls Jill and asks to see her?
2. Why does Michael have to adjust mentally and emotionally?
3. What does Jubal tell Michael about religious ceremonies?
4. What is grokking?
5. What happens when Ben demands to see Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ben after he leaves the hospital?
2. How does Jubal feel about Michael's abilities and what does he do?
3. What does Ben plan to do about Michael?
4. What does Gillian give Michael and what does he insist she do?
5. What does Gillian decide to do at the hospital one day and how does she do it?
6. How many levels of his being can Michael control and what does he do in a dormant state?
7. Who does Secretary General Douglas talk to about Michael being missing and why is he reluctant to do that?
8. What does the book say about human behavior and reproduction?
9. What does Ben tell Jill about Michael's financial state?
10. How do Martians reproduce?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)