|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas agree to with Jubal?
(a) to leave Michael alone
(b) to turn Michael's money over to Jubal
(c) to let Michael return to Mars
(d) to cancel the warrants
2. Why is Jubal concerned for Michael?
(a) he's going to be a father
(b) he is getting more hate mail
(c) his church project
(d) he's spending too much money
3. What does the church say about Bishop Digby?
(a) he's a demi-God
(b) he's been promoted
(c) he's an angel
(d) he's on a trip to Europe
4. What has Michael decided to do about his life?
(a) start a charity foundation
(b) leave Jubal's with Jill
(c) space travel
(d) go back to Mars
5. What does Michael finally decide about religion?
(a) that man has a need for them
(b) that they are all false
(c) that they are all the same
(d) that they keep evolution down
6. What does Douglas tell the people who broke into Jubal's house?
(a) to arrest them all
(b) to kidnap Jill
(c) to kill Michael
(d) to leave
7. Why does Jubal declare that Michael is Mars?
(a) the old ones visit Earth through him
(b) he's the only survivor of the Envoy
(c) he can speak for the Martians
(d) he has the power of the Martians
8. What do Michael and Jill do in a carnival?
(a) a magic act
(b) run a game
(c) a knife act
(d) a comedy act
9. What does Jubal tell Secretary Douglas when he calls him?
(a) that he is suing the government
(b) that Michael has returned to Mars
(c) that he is Michael's lawyer
(d) that he has never met Michael
10. What does Jubal warn Michael about concerning the Fosterite church?
(a) they want his soul
(b) they are dishonest
(c) they want his money
(d) they aren't a real church
11. Who meets Michael and the others at the door to the church?
(a) Ben Caxton
(b) Bishop Foster
(c) Senator Tom Boone
(d) Susan Porter
12. What does Jubal do to prepare for the meeting?
(a) calls a judge in Washington to attend
(b) teaches Michael not to kill
(c) hires extra security
(d) writes up a plan for Douglas
13. Of what does the Fosterite chuch service consist?
(a) contests of will
(b) quiet meditation
(c) music and a snake dance
(d) a lot of screaming
14. How did Foster die?
(a) hit by a bus
(b) Digby poisoned him
(c) of old age
(d) heart attack
15. What idea from Mike about religion does Patty eventually accept?
(a) that we are all God
(b) that religion is bad
(c) that there is no God
(d) that religion has changed the world
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two large bowls at Michael's door hold?
2. Who breaks into Jubal's house when he's talking to Douglas?
3. Why is Michael having trouble grokking the situation?
4. What does Captain Tromp tell the gathering at the motel?
5. What are two phrases Ben notices Patty using?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)