|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jill and Michael's act dropped from the carnival?
(a) Jill isn't pretty enough
(b) Michael dropped Jill
(c) Michael has no showmanship
(d) the carnival doesn't have enough money
2. Why did Douglas send Jubal a note?
(a) to tell him to get Michael out of there
(b) to reassure him
(c) to let him know he agreed with the contract
(d) to ask a question
3. What does Ben do with Michael?
(a) offers him exclusive coverage in his paper
(b) argues with him
(c) interviews him
(d) becomes a water brother
4. Who is guarding Jubal's house?
(a) Jubal's security
(c) Douglas' special police
(d) military police
5. What do Ben and Jubal think are the most important issues to deal with in the meeting with Douglas?
(a) Michael's safety
(b) having Jill become Michael's guardian
(c) Michael's wealth
(d) teaching Michael not to kill people
6. What are two phrases Ben notices Patty using?
(a) share water and go upward
(b) waiting is and blissed be
(c) share water and waiting is
(d) waiting is and moving forward
7. What does Jubal tell Secretary Douglas when he calls him?
(a) that he is Michael's lawyer
(b) that he is suing the government
(c) that he has never met Michael
(d) that Michael has returned to Mars
8. What does Douglas agree to with Jubal?
(a) to turn Michael's money over to Jubal
(b) to cancel the warrants
(c) to let Michael return to Mars
(d) to leave Michael alone
9. What is it about Jill when the police officers are there that bothers Michael?
(a) she is shot
(b) she is arrested
(c) he can tell she's troubled
(d) she is handcuffed
10. What does Michael do when a police officer attempts to arrest anyone?
(a) he takes away the officer's gun
(b) he makes the officer float in the air
(c) he does nothing
(d) he makes the officer disappear
11. How does Michael act when he comes out of dormancy after the night of the church service?
(b) more confident
12. Why does Jubal say Michael doesn't own Mars?
(a) because he was too young
(b) because Michael doesn't understand ownership
(c) because he lives on earth now
(d) because it's inhabited
13. Who finally agrees to contact Secretary Douglas for Jubal?
(a) Mrs. Douglas
(b) Rev. Foster
(c) Henry Porter
(d) Madame Vesant
14. What does Jubal notice between his secretaries and Jill?
(a) that his secretaries protect her
(b) that Jill is smarter
(c) a big difference
(d) that his secretaries like her
15. What does Douglas tell the people who broke into Jubal's house?
(a) to leave
(b) to kill Michael
(c) to kidnap Jill
(d) to arrest them all
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Michael form?
2. Why is Jubal concerned for Michael?
3. Who from the carnival becomes close friends with Jill and Michael?
4. What does Dr. Nelson find amazing about Michael?
5. What does Michael buy Jubal?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)