Part 1: His Maculate Origin, Chapter 1 - 3
• During an exploration of Mars by four married couples, Mary Jane Lyle Smith gives birth to Valentine Michael Smith.
• The adult crew members mysteriously die. The Martians raise Michael, who is brought back to Earth 25 years later.
• Michael needs time to adjust to the stronger gravity of Earth and the higher air pressure. Michael is more Martian than human.
• Michael has the ability to slow his metabolism down to nearly nothing, while enjoying what he calls his nest--a waterbed.
• Michael controls three levels of his being--his body, an awareness of his body, and his consciousness.
• On Mars, he learned of an intense understanding of a subject called grokking.
• The term "grok" means to understand through intuition or sympathetically. However, to grok as a Martian is much deeper.
• Michael's condition causes alarm in one of his observers, but Doctor Nelson assures him that...
This section contains 2,703 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)