|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What measure does the religious right push in Oregon?
2. Why is White confused at the Cathedral of Hope?
(a) They conduct a liturgical, formal worship service.
(b) They use books from several denominations.
(c) There are several different pastors.
(d) There are many heterosexuals who attend.
3. What stories does White relate about gays who have tried to be "cured" of homosexuality.
(a) Stories about treatment akin to torture to force gays to change.
(b) He does not know anyone who has tried to be cured.
(c) Ones with tragic results.
(d) He admits there are numerous stunning successes of gays being cured.
4. What is the first book that Mel ghost writes for Francis Schaeffer?
(a) Christian Response to the Left-Wing Minority.
(b) How Should We Then Live.
(c) Gays and Christianity.
(d) How Should Christians Behave.
5. Who is Dr. Warren Jones?
(a) Mel's new psychiatrist.
(b) The new pastor at Mel's church.
(c) A televangelist in the local Los Angeles area.
(d) A former professor of Mel's at Fuller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mel meet Gary Nixon?
2. When do Lyla and Mel file for divorce?
3. How long does Mel's relationship last with David?
4. What is the purpose of White's "Truth in Love" campaign?
5. What does White say in his letter to Jerry Falwell on December 24, 1991?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group does Jerry Falwell form, and who influenced his founding of it?
2. What happens to end White's relationship with Tom Montgomery?
3. Where does White take his family in the summer of 1979, and how does he feel about the time spent there with Lyla?
4. How does White handle his relationship with David as far as Lyla is concerned?
5. What was Mel White determined to do after the end of his relationship with Tom?
6. Who was Michael Piazza, and what did he offer White?
7. How do Mel and Lyla stay connected, and what do Christian leaders say about White's new living situation? What does Lyla say in response to the Christian leaders?
8. Describe White's experience with Tom Montgomery.
9. Where do Gary and Mel move? With what decision does Mel struggle?
10. What worries White about the religious right's rhetoric about homosexuality?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)