|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mel White's first client?
(a) Pat Robertson.
(b) Oral Roberts.
(c) Francis Schaeffer.
(d) Billy Graham.
2. How does Mel assist right-wing Christian leaders such as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?
(a) By canvassing the gay communities.
(b) By helping them with their newsletters.
(c) Through writing for them.
(d) By doing a film showing the evils of homosexuality.
3. What would the measure being considered in Oregon do?
(a) Mandate that children being raised by a homosexual couple be placed in foster homes.
(b) Allow homosexuals limited civil rights.
(c) Add anti-homosexual language to the Oregon constitution.
(d) Outlaw any public display of affection between same sex couples.
4. Why does White feel he needs to fight back against the religious right?
(a) The religious right are confusing so many people.
(b) He is afraid of their political power.
(c) He helped them gain their power.
(d) He feels they are dangerous.
5. How long does Mel's relationship last with David?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White end forever when he chooses to move?
2. What does Mel decide to sacrifice?
3. What does White contemplate while taking scuba training?
4. What does White do for Oliver North?
5. Who are Philip and Janet Yancey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Gary and Mel move? With what decision does Mel struggle?
2. Who does White help in the 1970s among the rising Christian political movement?
3. What is the Truth in Love campaign?
4. What does White say about working with Falwell on the book, If I Should Die Before I Wake?
5. How does White handle his relationship with David as far as Lyla is concerned?
6. Who was Michael Piazza, and what did he offer White?
7. What does White say about attempts by gays to become heterosexual?
8. What does Wright find confusing at first when he is at the new cathedral in Dallas?
9. What worries White about the religious right's rhetoric about homosexuality?
10. Why does White write a letter to Falwell? What is Falwell's response?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)