|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason that Mel finds for which Sodom was not destroyed?
(a) A volcano.
(b) Homosexual acts of its citizens.
(c) An earthquake.
2. In what field does Mel begin a doctorate?
3. What does Mel say he now knows about his attraction to boys?
(a) He was mislead by an older man.
(b) It was not anything he did wrong for it to occur.
(c) He knows it was not real when he was younger.
(d) He was mistaken about his attraction because a boy and not a girl was kind to him.
4. Who is Noni?
(a) Mel's mother.
(b) Mel's aunt.
(c) Mel's sister.
(d) Mel's grandmother.
5. What does Mel not know the origins of?
(a) His self hatred.
(b) His self confidence.
(c) His desire to excel above everyone else.
(d) His desire to know God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mel resign his position with Evangelical Covenant Church?
2. What does Mel use in order to cure his homosexuality?
3. By whom was a friend of Mel's murdered?
4. Why does Mel feel guilty on his honeymoon?
5. When do Mel and Lyla marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does White worry about on his honeymoon, and how does he solve the problem?
2. What does Mel White recall about a young seminarian who preached at a church camp Mel attends when he is twelve?
3. What movie and book does White produce while serving as the pastor of Evangelical Covenant?
4. What does Mel say about whom he might blame for his homosexuality and his feeling miserable as an adolescent?
5. What was Lyla like in middle school?
6. What happens to Mel's younger brother Denny?
7. Why does Mel not think it was unethical of him to marry Lyla when he returns from the Choir tour?
8. What does White relate about Falwell and civil rights?
9. Describe Mel's relationship with Gordon H.
10. What does Mel write about Johnny B.?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)