|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mel use in order to cure his homosexuality?
(a) Shock treatements.
(b) Prayer and therapy.
(c) Drawings of pictures of hell.
2. In what capacity does Mel serve in his high school?
(a) President of the Honor Society.
(b) Student body president.
(c) Captain of the football team.
(d) Captain of the basketball team.
3. Who is Peter W.?
(a) The author of a book about the sexual ways men get together.
(b) Mel's pastor who excoriates Mel for Mel's revelations.
(c) The third male that Mel has a crush on when younger.
(d) Mel's first real lover.
4. What African-American man does Mel meet in Los Angeles?
5. How does Mel feel when Lyla asks him to dance?
(a) He is self conscious.
(b) He feels trapped.
(c) He feels sinful.
(d) He has fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person whom Mel meets at the end of his senior year in high school do when he and Mel are walking to Mel's home one day?
2. What image does Mel have in his mind from Noni's words?
3. Upon what basis does Mel say homosexuality is attacked today?
4. How does Mel describe his mother?
5. What is one book Mel writes soon after producing Though I Walk Through the Valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lyla become a Christian?
2. What does White relate about Falwell and civil rights?
3. Whom does Mel consider himself a child of as far as religion is concerned?
4. Describe how Mel and Lyla met.
5. Who is Jeffrey S. and what is his story?
6. Describe Mel's brief involvement with Ted.
7. What movie and book does White produce while serving as the pastor of Evangelical Covenant?
8. How does Mel describe himself as an adolescent?
9. What was Lyla like in middle school?
10. Why does Mel not think it was unethical of him to marry Lyla when he returns from the Choir tour?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)