|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Lyla hold in high school?
(a) Junior class treasurer.
(b) Director of social affairs.
(d) Senior class president.
2. How does Mel describe Noni?
(a) As shy and insecure.
(b) As outgoing and zealous.
(c) As open-minded and accepting.
(d) As quiet and humble.
3. What word(s) sets Mel to researching the Bible about homosexuality.?
(d) Shall not.
4. Where do Lyla and Mel enroll for college?
(b) Los Altos Community.
(d) Warner Pacific.
5. Where does Mel meet Lyla Lee?
(a) At the roller rink.
(b) A college class.
(c) High school.
(d) Middle school.
6. How does Mel describe his mother?
(a) She wore the pants in the family.
(b) Very religious but tolerant of other beliefs.
(c) Strong but passive.
(d) Wise and assertive.
7. When do Lyla and Mel marry?
(a) Just a few days after Mel returns home from the episode with Ted.
(b) When they graduate from college.
(c) When they both turn 25.
(d) After they go through a year of counseling.
8. What happens to Mel's career during the Seventies?
(a) His film-making and writing talents took off.
(b) He is ostracized by the film community.
(c) No change takes place during this decade.
(d) He has a slump and cannot find a job.
9. What does Mel say about Karen K. in retrospect?
(a) She is the woman he should have married.
(c) She is probably a lesbian.
(d) She was in love with Mel.
10. In what is Lyla totally uninterested?
(a) Dating other men before marrying Mel.
(b) Moving away from her home town.
(c) The Bible study group Mel leads.
(d) Having children.
11. Whose autobiography does Mel White write?
(a) Jerry Falwell.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) No one's.
(d) Pat Robertson.
12. What African-American man does Mel meet in Los Angeles?
13. For what organization does Mel work?
(b) Portland Youth for Christ.
(c) Portland Gay Rights.
14. Where does Mel go after he and Lyla become engaged?
(a) Back home.
(b) A national church choir tour.
(c) To Washington, D. C. to march for civil rights for blacks.
(d) To San Francisco to learn more about gay men.
15. What does Darrel do that made Mel think about the boy obsessively?
(a) Kisses Mel.
(b) Touches Mel while they were swimming.
(c) Dances with Mel.
(d) Says mean things to Mel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mel blame Dr. Parker?
2. What does Mel regret about his time during the civil rights era?
3. The young seminarian invites questions about _________________.
4. What does Mel not know the origins of?
5. Who is Peter W.?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)