|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrel do that made Mel think about the boy obsessively?
(a) Dances with Mel.
(b) Says mean things to Mel.
(c) Touches Mel while they were swimming.
(d) Kisses Mel.
2. When do Mel and Lyla marry?
3. How does Mel describe Noni?
(a) As outgoing and zealous.
(b) As shy and insecure.
(c) As quiet and humble.
(d) As open-minded and accepting.
4. How does Mel say he appears on the outside in high school?
5. In what religion was Mel raised?
(a) Evangelical nondenominational churches.
(b) Roman Catholic.
6. Who is Karl Barth?
(a) Mel's hero.
(b) A professor in Mel's seminary.
(c) Mel's therapist.
(d) A Christian theologian.
7. Who dies ten years after he kisses Mel?
(a) Mel's second cousin who was gay.
(b) The Roman Catholic priest.
(c) Gordon H.
(d) Mel's best friend in high school.
8. What does Mel say did not exist at the time of his attending church camp?
(b) Information for young gay boys.
(c) The religious right.
(d) Gay rights.
9. What happens to Denny while Mel is still in college?
(a) He drops out of communication with his family.
(b) He goes to Vietnam and is killed.
(c) He dies from complications of an accident.
(d) He kills himself.
10. What is Mel's major field in college?
(d) Social Sciences.
11. Upon what basis does Mel say homosexuality is attacked today?
(a) Gross misinterpretations of Scripture.
(b) Fear of God's punishment.
(c) Ignorance about why people are homosexual.
(d) Hatred of those who are different.
12. What does White not have the ability to do?
(a) Be honest with his wife.
(b) Be celibate as far as sex with men.
(c) Leave the church.
(d) Be honest with his congregation about his homosexuality.
13. What does Though I Walk Through the Valley concern?
(a) The life of a young Vietnamese boy.
(b) The life of a well-known politician.
(c) The idea of grace through works.
(d) The last year in the life of a dying man.
14. What is one reason that Mel finds for which Sodom was not destroyed?
(a) Homosexual acts of its citizens.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A volcano.
15. What is one book Mel writes soon after producing Though I Walk Through the Valley?
(a) Restoring the Passion.
(b) Tested by Fire.
(c) Jesus Tested by Fire.
(d) Soul Fired Up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mel feel obligated to evangelize others?
2. What does Ted confess to Mel one night?
3. What college does Mel attend for his doctorate?
4. What caused Noni's parents to conceive her?
5. How does Mel relate to Howard Rutledge?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)