|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, 1990-91, One Last Year of Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Lyla and Mel decide to separate?
(a) September, 1982.
(b) June, 1985.
(c) June, 1983.
(d) August, 1984.
2. What is the name of the first book and movie Mel makes?
(a) Enemies are Friends Waiting for God's Grace.
(b) My Enemies Will Never Smite My Soul.
(c) With God, I Have No Enemies.
(d) In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
3. How does Mel describe his mother?
(a) Strong but passive.
(b) Very religious but tolerant of other beliefs.
(c) She wore the pants in the family.
(d) Wise and assertive.
4. How do Mel and Lyla's children respond to the divorce?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They are happy that the fighting will end.
(c) They think it's not going to last.
(d) They think it's a good move.
5. What does Though I Walk Through the Valley concern?
(a) The last year in the life of a dying man.
(b) The life of a young Vietnamese boy.
(c) The life of a well-known politician.
(d) The idea of grace through works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Warren Jones?
2. Upon what basis does Mel say homosexuality is attacked today?
3. What caused Noni's parents to conceive her?
4. What does Mel say about Karen K. in retrospect?
5. What does Mel say to Jeffrey about Jeffrey's feelings of guilt?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)