|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, 1990-91, One Last Year of Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mel say often happens to gay men who stay in the closet?
(a) They become celibate.
(b) They are killed from anonymous sex or AIDS.
(c) They commit suicide.
(d) They suffer depression.
2. What does Mel now consider his feelings of love for another man?
(a) Unnatural but not wrong.
(b) He no longer analyzes such things.
(c) Natural but wrong.
(d) God's grace.
3. What does Mel say to Jeffrey about Jeffrey's feelings of guilt?
(a) Being gay is acceptable, but Jeffrey needs to be celibate.
(b) His brother made his own choices.
(c) If Jeffrey feels strongly about something, he should speak his mind.
(d) Masturbation is not a sin.
4. Where do Gary and White move in 1990?
(a) Laguna Beach.
(b) San Jose.
(d) San Diego.
5. Where does White want to move?
(a) New York.
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason that Mel finds for which Sodom was not destroyed?
2. What happens to Mel's career during the Seventies?
3. What does Mel worry would happen in the locker room?
4. How does Mel overcompensate once the divorce proceedings commence?
5. Why does Mel feel guilty on his honeymoon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)