|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, 1990-91, One Last Year of Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the advent of what court case does Jerry Falwell enter the political arena?
(a) Griswold v. Connecticut.
(b) Title IX.
(c) Roe vs. Wade.
(d) Brown v. Board of Education.
2. What does Mel pretend at parties?
(a) He is straight.
(b) He is religious.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is still with Lyla.
3. What does Mel say to Jeffrey about Jeffrey's feelings of guilt?
(a) Being gay is acceptable, but Jeffrey needs to be celibate.
(b) If Jeffrey feels strongly about something, he should speak his mind.
(c) Masturbation is not a sin.
(d) His brother made his own choices.
4. When do Lyla and Mel marry?
(a) Just a few days after Mel returns home from the episode with Ted.
(b) After they go through a year of counseling.
(c) When they graduate from college.
(d) When they both turn 25.
5. What style of government does the religious right seem to want?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person whom Mel meets at the end of his senior year in high school do when he and Mel are walking to Mel's home one day?
2. What does Mel say his murdered friend preferred to risk rather than share his feelings?
3. What word(s) sets Mel to researching the Bible about homosexuality.?
4. How do Mel's children respond to Mel's conflict?
5. What does Mel worry would happen in the locker room?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)