|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, College—The Ghost of False Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mel describe Noni?
(a) As open-minded and accepting.
(b) As outgoing and zealous.
(c) As quiet and humble.
(d) As shy and insecure.
2. Why does Mel feel alienated in high school?
(a) Because of his attraction to boys.
(b) Because of his clumsiness.
(c) Because his father was a preacher.
(d) Because he is shorter than most of the girls.
3. Who is Noni?
(a) Mel's mother.
(b) Mel's aunt.
(c) Mel's sister.
(d) Mel's grandmother.
4. Whom does Mel meet around the end of his senior year in high school?
(a) Gordon H.
(b) An openly gay Roman Catholic priest.
(c) A gay pastor who is in the closet.
(d) A gay college professor.
5. Who phoned the camp to have the young seminarian sent home?
(a) The Board of Education.
(b) No one.
(c) The diocese bishop.
(d) Parents of campers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mel say about Karen K. in retrospect?
2. How old is Mel White when he hears a young seminarian preach at a church camp?
3. What does Lyla insist that Mel and she attend despite Mel's parents' objection?
4. What does Mel have to restrain when at camps?
5. By whom was a friend of Mel's murdered?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)