|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, College—The Ghost of False Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mel say to Jeffrey about Jeffrey's feelings of guilt?
(a) If Jeffrey feels strongly about something, he should speak his mind.
(b) Being gay is acceptable, but Jeffrey needs to be celibate.
(c) His brother made his own choices.
(d) Masturbation is not a sin.
2. For what does Jeffrey S. feel guilty?
(a) Speaking out against the church and their stand on homosexuality.
(b) Being gay and acting upon it.
(d) Condemning his gay brother who then killed himself.
3. When do Mel and Lyla kiss for the first time?
(a) On Lyla's 21st birthday.
(b) On Mel's 21st birthday.
(c) On a small boat.
(d) After the marriage ceremony of Lyla's sister.
4. What word(s) sets Mel to researching the Bible about homosexuality.?
(d) Shall not.
5. What question is Mel afraid to ask?
(a) Why he is only attracted to males.
(b) If homosexuals are really going to hell.
(c) Why sex is so difficult to discuss.
(d) Why God does not allow men to love men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mel describe his father?
2. What does Mel now consider his feelings of love for another man?
3. Who is Mel's second boyhood male crush?
4. What does Mel not know the origins of?
5. Where do Lyla and Mel enroll for college?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)