|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Adolescence—The Ghost of Fear.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Peter W.?
(a) The third male that Mel has a crush on when younger.
(b) Mel's pastor who excoriates Mel for Mel's revelations.
(c) The author of a book about the sexual ways men get together.
(d) Mel's first real lover.
2. How does Mel describe his father?
(a) A kind, gentle giant.
(b) A self-made man.
(c) An aggressive but wise man.
(d) An agnostic.
3. What image does Mel have in his mind from Noni's words?
(a) The light of heaven.
(b) The gifts of nature.
(c) The fires of hell.
(d) None as she was not much of a speaker.
4. How does Mel describe his mother?
(a) She wore the pants in the family.
(b) Wise and assertive.
(c) Very religious but tolerant of other beliefs.
(d) Strong but passive.
5. Who is Mel's second boyhood male crush?
(a) Johnny B.
(b) Steve J.
(c) John J.
(d) Arthur B.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what capacity does Mel serve in his high school?
2. What does Mel have to restrain when at camps?
3. What year is it when Mel is in the church camp listening to the young seminarian preach?
4. What does Mel pretend when he is younger?
5. Whose symbolic child does Mel consider himself to be?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)