|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Adolescence—The Ghost of Fear.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mel say his murdered friend preferred to risk rather than share his feelings?
(a) A failed marriage to a woman.
(b) The depression of celibacy.
(c) His family's rejection.
(d) Anonymous sex.
2. How does Mel describe his father?
(a) An aggressive but wise man.
(b) A kind, gentle giant.
(c) A self-made man.
(d) An agnostic.
3. Whose symbolic child does Mel consider himself to be?
(a) No particular group.
(b) The Religious Right.
(c) The Hippies of the sixties.
(d) The Radical Left.
4. What does Darrel do that made Mel think about the boy obsessively?
(a) Kisses Mel.
(b) Touches Mel while they were swimming.
(c) Says mean things to Mel.
(d) Dances with Mel.
5. In what religion was Mel raised?
(a) Evangelical nondenominational churches.
(d) Roman Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mel describe his mother?
2. What does Mel say he now knows about his attraction to boys?
3. Why does Mel feel alienated in high school?
4. What does Mel pretend when he is younger?
5. How does Mel say he appears on the outside in high school?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)