|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
2. Who did Masden say he saw Darrell with abroad?
3. Who says, "I've lost everything in life so far because I didn't have the courage to take it--and I've hurt everyone around me"?
4. Who says, "It's a wise father who knows his own child"?
5. Who has Nina written to in Act 6?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme "Duality of God." What does this mean? How is the theme manifested in Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Morality versus Happiness" in Strange Interlude. What does this theme mean? How is this expressed in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motifs and symbols in Strange Interlude. Define these terms in your answer. How do these motifs and symbols help to inform the themes of the play?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)