|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Darrell been away in Act 7?
2. What does Nina talk about in her soliloquy at the beginning of Act 5?
3. What does Darrell tell Nina he won't do in Act 5?
4. Where did Marsden encounter Darrell before Act 6?
5. What does Darrell say is a trap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eugene O'Neill's writing style in Strange Interlude. What literary technique made this play unique? How has this technique affected plays, movies and television written since Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the "non-character" of Gordon (the first). How does this character affect the action of the play? How is he regarded by the characters in the play?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)