|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
2. Who does Darrell feel is the only "sane" person in the family circle?
3. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
4. What does Gordon call Darrell for the first time in Act 7?
5. What does Darrell tell Nina is nothing to hope for in Act 8?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Nina and Madeline. How are they alike? How are they different? How do they each feel about Gordon?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme "Duality of God." What does this mean? How is the theme manifested in Strange Interlude?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)