|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
2. Why does Nina tell Evans to not get too excited in Act 8?
3. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
4. Why does Ned say he's going away in Act 5?
5. Who says, "Think of what Sam's made us go through! Think of how he's made us suffer!" in Act 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the "non-character" of Gordon (the first). How does this character affect the action of the play? How is he regarded by the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Oedipal Complex" mean? How does this theory play out thematically in Strange Interlude? Who most embodies this term?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)