|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina speak about in her thoughts at the end of Act 5?
2. What event is taking place in Act 8?
3. What is Darrell's assistant's name?
4. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
5. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eugene O'Neill's writing style in Strange Interlude. What literary technique made this play unique? How has this technique affected plays, movies and television written since Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
How does the character of Marsden view the other characters in Strange Interlude? What about his perspective is unique in comparison to the others?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)