|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Romantic Imagination! It has ruined more lives than all the diseases"?
2. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
3. What did Darrell buy Gordon as a gift?
4. How much money does Evans say he needs to buy the agency?
5. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot of Strange Interlude. Include the definitions for action, objective, rising action, climax, and falling action as well as citing where these occur in the text.
Essay Topic 2
What does "Oedipal Complex" mean? How does this theory play out thematically in Strange Interlude? Who most embodies this term?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)