|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrell tell Evans before he leaves in Act 5?
2. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8?
3. How much time passes between Acts 6 and 7?
4. What does Nina leave to do when Evans enters in Act 5?
5. What is Darrell's assistant's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does "Oedipal Complex" mean? How does this theory play out thematically in Strange Interlude? Who most embodies this term?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)