|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
2. How long has Darrell been away in Act 7?
3. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
4. Who does Nina say that Gordon resembles in Act 7?
5. How old is Nina in Act 7?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eugene O'Neill's writing style in Strange Interlude. What literary technique made this play unique? How has this technique affected plays, movies and television written since Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motifs and symbols in Strange Interlude. Define these terms in your answer. How do these motifs and symbols help to inform the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme "Duality of God." What does this mean? How is the theme manifested in Strange Interlude?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)