|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Nina in Act 7?
2. What has Nina named her baby?
3. How old is Gordon in Act 7?
4. Who says, "I've lost everything in life so far because I didn't have the courage to take it--and I've hurt everyone around me"?
5. Whose arrival are Evans and Nina awaiting at the beginning of Act 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eugene O'Neill's writing style in Strange Interlude. What literary technique made this play unique? How has this technique affected plays, movies and television written since Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Nina and Madeline. How are they alike? How are they different? How do they each feel about Gordon?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)