|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
2. Where does Act 6 take place?
3. What does Evans contemplate at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Who has Nina written to in Act 6?
5. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Marsden view the other characters in Strange Interlude? What about his perspective is unique in comparison to the others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss O'Neill's use of soliloquy in Strange Interlude. How was this portrayed on stage? What insights does this technique lend the audience as opposed to plays without employing this technique?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the theme of "Internal Conflict." How is this manifested in Strange Interlude? How does O'Neill express this through stream-of-consciousness style of writing?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)