|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Romantic Imagination! It has ruined more lives than all the diseases"?
2. What has Nina named her baby?
3. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
4. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
5. What does Gordon see in Act 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how foreshadowing is employed in Strange Interlude. What events in particular are foreshadowed? Who speaks this dialogue?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss O'Neill's use of soliloquy in Strange Interlude. How was this portrayed on stage? What insights does this technique lend the audience as opposed to plays without employing this technique?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)