|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Masden say he saw Darrell with abroad?
2. How old is Gordon in Act 7?
3. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8?
4. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
5. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Morality versus Happiness" in Strange Interlude. What does this theme mean? How is this expressed in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)