|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina tell Darrell in Act 5?
2. What does Evans contemplate at the beginning of Act 5?
3. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
4. What does Darrell say is a trap?
5. What does Darrell say he's investigated in Act 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Oedipal Complex" mean? How does this theory play out thematically in Strange Interlude? Who most embodies this term?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motifs and symbols in Strange Interlude. Define these terms in your answer. How do these motifs and symbols help to inform the themes of the play?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)