|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrell say is a trap?
2. How old is Gordon in Act 7?
3. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
4. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
5. Why does Evans suggest the others go in with him in Act 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Gordon (Nina's son). Whom does this character most resemble in the play? How does he feel about Nina? What is his relationship to his father like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Interlude." How does this theme manifest in Strange Interlude? Where is this title phrase used in the play? What does it describe?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)