|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Nina named her baby?
2. What is Darrell's assistant's name?
3. Where does Act 5 take place?
4. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6?
5. What does Darrell say is a trap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor, and explain how O'Neill makes use of these in Strange Interlude. How does Nina's speech about the tide reflect this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme "Duality of God." What does this mean? How is the theme manifested in Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nina feel about her father? Why? Describe this relationship.
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)