|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
2. Where has Darrell been doing research?
3. What does Marsden say he hopes for in Act 8?
4. What does Nina call Evans at the end of Act 5?
5. What does Darrell hate about Gordon in Act 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Nina and Madeline. How are they alike? How are they different? How do they each feel about Gordon?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the "non-character" of Gordon (the first). How does this character affect the action of the play? How is he regarded by the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plot of Strange Interlude. Include the definitions for action, objective, rising action, climax, and falling action as well as citing where these occur in the text.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)