|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darrell say he's become wealthy in Act 7?
2. Where does Act 5 take place?
3. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6?
4. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
5. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Evans and Darrell. How are these characters similar? How are they different? Who do they share love for?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Gordon (Nina's son). Whom does this character most resemble in the play? How does he feel about Nina? What is his relationship to his father like?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)