|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Darrell been doing research?
2. What does Marsden say he hopes for in Act 8?
3. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
4. What does Gordon see in Act 7?
5. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Gordon (Nina's son). Whom does this character most resemble in the play? How does he feel about Nina? What is his relationship to his father like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)