|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
2. Where does Act 5 take place?
3. Why does Nina tell Evans to not get too excited in Act 8?
4. What does Marsden say he almost told Nina in Act 6?
5. What is Darrell's assistant's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Gordon (Nina's son). Whom does this character most resemble in the play? How does he feel about Nina? What is his relationship to his father like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor, and explain how O'Neill makes use of these in Strange Interlude. How does Nina's speech about the tide reflect this?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)