Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
2. How long has Darrell been away in Act 7?
3. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
4. Who does Nina say that Gordon resembles in Act 7?
5. How old is Nina in Act 7?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Evans and Darrell. How are these characters similar? How are they different? Who do they share love for?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor, and explain how O'Neill makes use of these in Strange Interlude. How does Nina's speech about the tide reflect this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)