Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evans' mother call him?
2. What does Evans ask Marsden for as he leaves in Act 4?
3. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How old is Evans' mother in Act 3?
5. What happened to Evans' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
2. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him?
3. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
5. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
6. How does Gordon feel about Darrell in Act 7? How does he respond to Darrell's comments about Evans?
7. What does Leeds confess to Nina in Act 1?
8. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
9. What does Evans ask of Marsden in Act 2? Why? How does Marsden respond?
10. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
Discuss the "non-character" of Gordon (the first). How does this character affect the action of the play? How is he regarded by the characters in the play?
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
How does Nina feel about her father? Why? Describe this relationship.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)