|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
2. How much training has Nina had as a nurse?
3. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
4. Where does Act 3 take place?
5. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
2. What does Nina's mother-in-law tell her about the Evans' family?
3. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
4. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
5. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
6. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
7. What does Nina say to Darrell regarding love and marriage in Act 4?
8. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
9. How does Nina feel about Evans in Act 4? How does this relate to her pregnancy?
10. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Marsden view the other characters in Strange Interlude? What about his perspective is unique in comparison to the others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the "non-character" of Gordon (the first). How does this character affect the action of the play? How is he regarded by the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how foreshadowing is employed in Strange Interlude. What events in particular are foreshadowed? Who speaks this dialogue?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)