|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 4 take place?
2. Where does Evans' aunt live?
3. What does Leeds admit to Nina that he told Gordon in Act 1?
4. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
5. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
2. What does Darrell expose in Act 7 about his feelings of the family situation? What does he feel about Gordon?
3. What does Darrell say regarding romanticism in Act 5?
4. What does Marsden say about his writing in Act 8?
5. What does Evans ask of Marsden in Act 2? Why? How does Marsden respond?
6. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
7. How does Nina feel about Evans in Act 4? How does this relate to her pregnancy?
8. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
9. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 2?
10. How does Evans know Darrell? How does he feel about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme "Duality of God." What does this mean? How is the theme manifested in Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Gordon (Nina's son). Whom does this character most resemble in the play? How does he feel about Nina? What is his relationship to his father like?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Nina and Madeline. How are they alike? How are they different? How do they each feel about Gordon?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)