|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
2. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
3. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
4. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is Evans' aunt's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
2. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
3. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
4. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him?
5. What does Nina say to her father and Marsden regarding her last night with Gordon?
6. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
7. How does Nina regard God in Act 8?
8. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
9. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
10. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Morality versus Happiness" in Strange Interlude. What does this theme mean? How is this expressed in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Evans and Darrell. How are these characters similar? How are they different? Who do they share love for?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nina feel about her father? Why? Describe this relationship.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)