|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Evans' father?
2. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
3. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
4. What does Nina threaten to do once Mrs. Evans tells her the truth about the Evans'?
5. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
2. What exposition is provided by Nina's thoughts in the beginning of Act 5? How does Nina feel about Darrell?
3. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
4. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8? Why does this upset Nina?
5. In what ways does Evans compare himself to Gordon in Act 2?
6. Why does Darrell say he is able to leave his work frequently? Who asks him about this in Act 7?
7. What does Nina complain about to Evans in Act 8? Why?
8. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
9. What do Nina's thoughts reveal about her father in Act 2?
10. What does Darrell expose in Act 7 about his feelings of the family situation? What does he feel about Gordon?
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Marsden view the other characters in Strange Interlude? What about his perspective is unique in comparison to the others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Reverence for the Father" in Strange Interlude. How does this theme apply to Nina? How does it apply to Gordon? To Darrell?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nina feel about her father? Why? Describe this relationship.
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)