|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
2. What is Evans' mother worried about?
3. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
4. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
5. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darrell say regarding romanticism in Act 5?
2. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
3. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
4. What do Nina's thoughts reveal about her father in Act 2?
5. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8? Why does this upset Nina?
6. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
7. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 2?
8. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
9. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
10. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Interlude." How does this theme manifest in Strange Interlude? Where is this title phrase used in the play? What does it describe?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plot of Strange Interlude. Include the definitions for action, objective, rising action, climax, and falling action as well as citing where these occur in the text.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)