|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
2. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
3. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
4. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
5. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
2. How does Evans know Darrell? How does he feel about him?
3. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
4. What does Nina say to Darrell regarding love and marriage in Act 4?
5. What does Gordon do with Darrell's birthday present? Why?
6. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
7. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
8. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
9. What does Marsden contemplate about Darrell at the beginning of Act 6? Where has Marsden been?
10. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nina feel about her father? Why? Describe this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Interlude." How does this theme manifest in Strange Interlude? Where is this title phrase used in the play? What does it describe?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the "non-character" of Gordon (the first). How does this character affect the action of the play? How is he regarded by the characters in the play?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)