|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
2. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
3. Where does Act 3 take place?
4. How old is Evans in Act 2?
5. What does Marsden tell Leeds he's found in Part 1, Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
2. Why does Darrell say he is able to leave his work frequently? Who asks him about this in Act 7?
3. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
4. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
5. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
6. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
7. When does Mrs. Evans say that Nina will see her again? Why?
8. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
9. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
10. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Morality versus Happiness" in Strange Interlude. What does this theme mean? How is this expressed in the text?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Oedipal Complex" mean? How does this theory play out thematically in Strange Interlude? Who most embodies this term?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme "Duality of God." What does this mean? How is the theme manifested in Strange Interlude?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)