|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
2. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
3. Who was in Gordon's class at school?
4. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
5. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
2. What does Mrs. Evans say about Nina leaving Evans in Act 3? How does Nina respond?
3. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
4. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
5. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him?
6. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
7. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
8. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
9. When does Mrs. Evans say that Nina will see her again? Why?
10. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Interlude." How does this theme manifest in Strange Interlude? Where is this title phrase used in the play? What does it describe?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Gordon (Nina's son). Whom does this character most resemble in the play? How does he feel about Nina? What is his relationship to his father like?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Evans and Darrell. How are these characters similar? How are they different? Who do they share love for?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)