Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
2. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
4. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
5. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
2. What does Gordon do with Darrell's birthday present? Why?
3. What does Marsden contemplate about Darrell at the beginning of Act 6? Where has Marsden been?
4. When does Mrs. Evans say that Nina will see her again? Why?
5. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
6. How does Nina feel about Evans in Act 4? How does this relate to her pregnancy?
7. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
8. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
9. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
10. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
Discuss the theme of mental illness in Strange Interlude. Who is afflicted with mental illness in the play? How does mental illness propel the actions of the characters?
Discuss the character of Nina. How old is she in the beginning of the play, and at the end? What is her demeanor? How does this character change in the course of the play?
Compare and contrast the characters of Evans and Darrell. How are these characters similar? How are they different? Who do they share love for?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)