|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in Gordon's class at school?
2. What does Marsden do for a living?
3. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
4. What is Evans' aunt's name?
5. Who found Professor Leeds' body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
2. What does Leeds confess to Nina in Act 1?
3. What exposition is provided by Nina's thoughts in the beginning of Act 5? How does Nina feel about Darrell?
4. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
5. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
6. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
7. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
8. What does Marsden say about his writing in Act 8?
9. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
10. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Morality versus Happiness" in Strange Interlude. What does this theme mean? How is this expressed in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Eugene O'Neill's writing style in Strange Interlude. What literary technique made this play unique? How has this technique affected plays, movies and television written since Strange Interlude?
Essay Topic 3
How does the character of Marsden view the other characters in Strange Interlude? What about his perspective is unique in comparison to the others?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)