|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
2. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
3. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) He's going to Europe.
(b) His mother is ill.
(c) He's late for a train.
(d) His sister is ill.
4. What business is Evans in?
(d) Machine sales.
5. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(a) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
2. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
3. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
4. When does Darrell say he'll marry in Act 4?
5. Who did Nina bring with her in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
2. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
3. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
4. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
5. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
6. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
7. How does Darrell feel about his family in Act 9?
8. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
9. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
10. What exposition is provided by Nina's thoughts in the beginning of Act 5? How does Nina feel about Darrell?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)