|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in Gordon's class at school?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) The yacht.
3. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
4. What does Marsden wonder whether Nina will feel at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Grief for Gordon.
(b) Surprise at seeing him.
(c) Lust for him.
(d) Grief for her father.
5. What is Nina writing in Act 4?
(a) A newspaper article.
(d) Gordon's biography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
2. What does Nina threaten to do once Mrs. Evans tells her the truth about the Evans'?
3. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
4. How much time passes between Acts 3 and 4?
5. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
2. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
3. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
5. What does Nina's mother-in-law tell her about the Evans' family?
6. What do Nina's thoughts reveal about her father in Act 2?
7. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
8. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
9. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
10. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)