|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
2. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) About a year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
(a) The garden.
(b) The house.
(c) Being married.
5. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His niece.
(d) His nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nina say it seemed as if might have been the real father of her first baby?
2. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
3. What does Marsden tell Leeds he's found in Part 1, Act 1?
4. Who is sitting in the room at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Evans compare himself to Gordon in Act 2?
2. What do Marsden and Leeds speak about in Act 1?
3. What does Evans ask of Marsden in Act 2? Why? How does Marsden respond?
4. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
5. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
6. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
7. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
8. What does Marsden contemplate about Darrell at the beginning of Act 6? Where has Marsden been?
9. How does Evans know Darrell? How does he feel about him?
10. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)