|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
(a) Buy her house.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Marry Darrell.
(d) Leave Evans.
2. What does Mrs. Evans' tell Nina about the Evans family?
(a) It is powerful.
(b) It is associated with crime.
(c) It has a history of insanity.
(d) It has a history of epilepsy.
3. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That Nina is dying.
(b) That Nina loves him too much.
(c) That he's sterile.
(d) That his mother died.
4. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) About a year.
(d) Two years.
5. What is Evans' aunt's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
2. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
3. Why does Leeds say he hated Gordon?
4. Why does Nina say she must go away in Act 1?
5. Who is sitting in the room at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
2. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
3. How does Nina feel about Evans in Act 4? How does this relate to her pregnancy?
4. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
5. What does Nina say to her father and Marsden regarding her last night with Gordon?
6. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
7. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
8. How does Nina regard God in Act 8?
9. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
10. In what ways does Evans compare himself to Gordon in Act 2?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)