|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Acts 3 and 4?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Seven months.
2. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. Who found Professor Leeds' body?
4. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
(c) God the Father.
5. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
(a) Marry Darrell.
(b) Marry Smithson.
(c) Marry Evans.
(d) Marry Marsden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
2. What is Nina writing in Act 4?
3. Where does Act 4 take place?
4. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
5. Where does Act 3 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Evans ask Nina in Act 3? What is her response?
2. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
4. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
5. What does Nina say to her father after his confession?
6. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
7. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
8. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
9. What does Nina complain about to Evans in Act 8? Why?
10. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)