|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Professor Leeds' body?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) Leeds' study.
(b) Marsden's study.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The yacht.
3. What does Marsden wonder whether Nina will feel at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Grief for her father.
(b) Lust for him.
(c) Grief for Gordon.
(d) Surprise at seeing him.
4. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is Nina writing in Act 4?
(a) Gordon's biography.
(c) A newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
2. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
3. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
4. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
5. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
2. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
3. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
4. What does Leeds confess to Nina in Act 1?
5. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
6. What does Gordon do with Darrell's birthday present? Why?
7. How does Marsden feel when he is left alone with Nina in Act 6?
8. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
9. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
10. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)