|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Sam Evans.
(b) Gordon Evans.
(c) Gordon Shaw.
(d) Henry Leeds.
2. What does Evans' mother call him?
3. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
4. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
(a) Not having given her body to him first.
(b) Having lost his ring.
(c) Having married him before he left.
(d) Her last words to him.
5. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What business is Evans in?
2. Where does Evans' aunt live?
3. What happened to Evans' father?
4. What is Evans' first name?
5. Where does Act 3 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
2. How does Darrell feel about his family in Act 9?
3. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
4. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8? Why does this upset Nina?
5. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
6. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
7. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
8. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
9. How does Nina regard God in Act 8?
10. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)