|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marsden's first name?
2. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His niece.
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) About a year.
(d) Sixteen years.
4. How much training has Nina had as a nurse?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
5. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
(b) A widow's.
(c) A witch's.
(d) A prostitute's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business is Evans in?
2. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
3. What does Mrs. Evans' tell Nina about the Evans family?
4. Why does Nina say she must go away in Act 1?
5. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
2. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
3. What does Nina tell Darrell that she needs help with in Act 4? What does he respond?
4. What does Leeds confess to Nina in Act 1?
5. How does Gordon feel about Darrell in Act 7? How does he respond to Darrell's comments about Evans?
6. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
7. What does Nina say to her father and Marsden regarding her last night with Gordon?
8. What do Nina's thoughts reveal about her father in Act 2?
9. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
10. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)