|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Evans in Act 2?
2. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
3. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
(a) That she is leaving Evans.
(b) That she sold their papers.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she secretly loves him.
4. What does Marsden say about Gordon's family?
(a) They were low stock.
(b) They had died.
(c) They were abusive.
(d) They were rich.
5. What is Evans' mother worried about?
(a) Nina not liking her.
(b) Nina having an affair.
(c) Nina leaving Evans.
(d) Nina having a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
2. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
3. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
4. What does Marsden do for a living?
5. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
2. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
3. How does Evans know Darrell? How does he feel about him?
4. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
5. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
6. Why does Darrell say he is able to leave his work frequently? Who asks him about this in Act 7?
7. What does Nina say to Darrell regarding love and marriage in Act 4?
8. What exposition is provided by Nina's thoughts in the beginning of Act 5? How does Nina feel about Darrell?
9. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
10. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)