|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His niece.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His nephew.
2. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
(a) A prostitute's.
(b) A widow's.
(c) A witch's.
3. How old is Evans in Act 2?
4. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
5. What is Evans trying to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Play piano.
(c) Type ads.
(d) Make breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
2. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
3. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
4. What does Nina say she feels for Evans in Act 4?
5. Why does Leeds say he hated Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
2. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
3. What is Darrell's response to the money Evans left him in his will?
4. What does Nina's mother-in-law tell her about the Evans' family?
5. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
6. What does Nina say to Darrell regarding love and marriage in Act 4?
7. What does Nina tell Darrell that she needs help with in Act 4? What does he respond?
8. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
9. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
10. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)