|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
(a) The garden.
(b) The house.
(c) Being married.
2. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
3. Where does Nina say she is going in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) To Italy.
(b) To London.
(c) To work at the university.
(d) To work at a sanatorium.
4. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
5. How much time has passed between Acts 2 and 3?
(a) One decade.
(b) One month.
(c) About two years.
(d) About seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
2. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
3. When does Darrell say he'll marry in Act 4?
4. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
5. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Act 8 take place? Who is present?
2. What does Nina say to her father after his confession?
3. Why does Darrell say he is able to leave his work frequently? Who asks him about this in Act 7?
4. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
5. What exposition is provided by Nina's thoughts in the beginning of Act 5? How does Nina feel about Darrell?
6. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
7. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
8. What does Nina tell Darrell that she needs help with in Act 4? What does he respond?
9. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
10. How does Marsden feel when he is left alone with Nina in Act 6?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)