|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) He's late for a train.
(b) He's going to Europe.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) His sister is ill.
2. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
(a) All men.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
3. Why does Leeds insist that Nina not leave in Act 1?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is promiscuous.
(c) She is frivolous.
(d) She is naive.
4. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
5. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He left his mother for another woman.
(b) He went mad.
(c) He ran away to Europe.
(d) He died in a plane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
2. Who has Nina taught to take care of her father while she's gone?
3. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
4. What does Evans ask Marsden for as he leaves in Act 4?
5. Who did Nina bring with her in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
2. What does Nina tell Darrell that she needs help with in Act 4? What does he respond?
3. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
4. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
5. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
6. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
7. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
8. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
9. How does Darrell feel about his family in Act 9?
10. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)