|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Evans in Act 2?
2. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) About a year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Sixteen years.
3. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
(a) Leave Evans.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Marry Darrell.
(d) Buy her house.
4. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Leeds' study.
(b) Darrell's office.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) Evans' dining room.
5. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is barren.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsden tell Leeds he's found in Part 1, Act 1?
2. Whom has Nina married in Act 3?
3. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
4. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
5. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
3. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
4. What does Darrell say regarding romanticism in Act 5?
5. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
6. What does Evans ask of Marsden in Act 2? Why? How does Marsden respond?
7. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
8. What does Marsden contemplate about Darrell at the beginning of Act 6? Where has Marsden been?
9. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
10. What do Marsden and Leeds speak about in Act 1?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)