Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
(a) Leave Evans.
(b) Marry Darrell.
(c) Buy her house.
(d) Have an abortion.
2. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
4. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
5. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
(a) The garden.
(b) The house.
(d) Being married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
2. How much time has passed between Acts 2 and 3?
3. Who does Nina ask to come upstairs and help her pack in Act 1?
4. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
5. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
2. What does Gordon do with Darrell's birthday present? Why?
3. What does Marsden contemplate about Darrell at the beginning of Act 6? Where has Marsden been?
4. When does Mrs. Evans say that Nina will see her again? Why?
5. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
6. How does Nina feel about Evans in Act 4? How does this relate to her pregnancy?
7. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
8. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
9. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
10. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6 that makes him angry? How does he react?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)