|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) The yacht.
2. Where does Nina say she is going in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) To Italy.
(b) To work at the university.
(c) To London.
(d) To work at a sanatorium.
3. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He ran away to Europe.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He went mad.
(d) He left his mother for another woman.
4. What is Evans' mother worried about?
(a) Nina not liking her.
(b) Nina having a baby.
(c) Nina leaving Evans.
(d) Nina having an affair.
5. What does Mrs. Evans' tell Nina about the Evans family?
(a) It has a history of epilepsy.
(b) It is associated with crime.
(c) It is powerful.
(d) It has a history of insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
2. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
3. What does Evans ask Marsden for as he leaves in Act 4?
4. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
5. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
2. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
3. What do Darrell's thoughts reveal about his feelings toward Nina and their situation in Act 5?
4. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
5. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
6. How does Evans know Darrell? How does he feel about him?
7. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
8. What does Gordon do with Darrell's birthday present? Why?
9. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
10. How does Nina feel about Evans in Act 4? How does this relate to her pregnancy?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)