|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
(a) Having married him before he left.
(b) Not having given her body to him first.
(c) Having lost his ring.
(d) Her last words to him.
2. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That Nina is dying.
(b) That Nina loves him too much.
(c) That he's sterile.
(d) That his mother died.
3. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
4. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Evans' dining room.
(c) Darrell's office.
(d) Leeds' study.
5. What does Nina say she feels for Evans in Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
2. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
3. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
4. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
5. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
2. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
3. What does Mrs. Evans ask Nina in Act 3? What is her response?
4. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
5. How does Darrell feel toward Evans in Act 5? What does he plan to do at the end of the act?
6. What does Mrs. Evans say about Nina leaving Evans in Act 3? How does Nina respond?
7. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9? What are this character's thoughts about them?
8. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
9. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
10. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)