|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
2. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Marsden ask Darrell about?
(a) His father.
(b) His will.
(c) His mother.
(d) His inheritance.
4. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Evans' dining room.
(b) Marsden's study.
(c) Darrell's office.
(d) Leeds' study.
5. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(a) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsden do for a living?
2. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
3. Who found Professor Leeds' body?
4. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
5. Who startles Marsden by standing outside the doorway in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nina regard God in Act 8?
2. What does Nina say to her father and Marsden regarding her last night with Gordon?
3. What does Darrell tell Nina about Gordon's behavior towards him in Act 7?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
5. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
6. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
7. What does Marsden say about his mother's illness in Act 5? Why does Nina admonish him?
8. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
9. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
10. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)