|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. How long has Nina studied at the university?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
4. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
(a) Professor Leeds.
(b) Sam Evans.
(c) Edmund Darrell.
(d) Nina Leeds.
5. Who was in Gordon's class at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
2. How does Marsden know Leeds?
3. What does Marsden tell Leeds he's found in Part 1, Act 1?
4. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
5. How old is Evans' mother in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darrell say he is able to leave his work frequently? Who asks him about this in Act 7?
2. What does Marsden say about his writing in Act 8?
3. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
4. What does Darrell say regarding romanticism in Act 5?
5. What does Nina say to her father and Marsden regarding her last night with Gordon?
6. What does Nina say to her father after his confession?
7. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
8. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
9. Where does Act 2 begin? How much time has passed since Act 1? What has happened?
10. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)