|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Evans' aunt's name?
2. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His niece.
(d) His nephew.
3. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He went mad.
(b) He left his mother for another woman.
(c) He ran away to Europe.
(d) He died in a plane crash.
4. Whom has Nina married in Act 3?
5. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
(a) Marry Evans.
(b) Marry Smithson.
(c) Marry Darrell.
(d) Marry Marsden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business is Evans in?
2. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
3. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
4. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
5. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
2. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
3. How does Darrell feel about his family in Act 9?
4. What does Marsden contemplate about Darrell at the beginning of Act 6? Where has Marsden been?
5. What does Gordon do with Darrell's birthday present? Why?
6. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
7. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
8. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
9. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
10. When does Mrs. Evans say that Nina will see her again? Why?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)