|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
2. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
3. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Her father.
(d) A husband.
4. What does Evans' mother call him?
5. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is barren.
(c) She is having an affair.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Evans trying to do at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does Mrs. Evans' tell Nina about the Evans family?
3. What happened to Evans' father?
4. What does Marsden say about Gordon's family?
5. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Nina not told anyone about her pregnancy in Act 3?
2. What is happening in the beginning of Act 9?
3. What does Marsden say about his writing in Act 8?
4. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
5. How does Gordon feel about Darrell in Act 7? How does he respond to Darrell's comments about Evans?
6. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
7. What is Darrell's response to the money Evans left him in his will?
8. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
9. Why does Darrell say he is able to leave his work frequently? Who asks him about this in Act 7?
10. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)