|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting in the room at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Where does Evans' aunt live?
(a) On the top floor of the Evans' home.
(b) In an asylum.
(c) In a retirement home.
(d) In the basement.
3. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
(a) Her father.
(b) All men.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her son.
4. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
(a) Leave Evans.
(b) Buy her house.
(c) Marry Darrell.
(d) Have an abortion.
5. What is Evans' first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
2. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
3. Whom has Nina married in Act 3?
4. How many times did Marsden visit Nina while she was away between Acts 1 and 2?
5. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Evans and his mother talk about in Act 3? What does she ask him about Nina?
2. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
4. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3?
5. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
6. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
7. What does Nina say about God's indifference in Act 2?
8. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
9. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him?
10. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)