|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) Leeds' study.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) The yacht.
2. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
(b) The house.
(c) Being married.
(d) The garden.
3. Who does Nina ask to come upstairs and help her pack in Act 1?
4. How much time passes between Acts 3 and 4?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Seven months.
5. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Next week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) That night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
2. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
3. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
4. Who has Evans invited over this evening at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gordon feel about Darrell in Act 7? How does he respond to Darrell's comments about Evans?
2. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9? What are her feelings?
3. What do Marsden and Leeds speak about in Act 1?
4. What does Nina's mother-in-law tell her about the Evans' family?
5. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him?
6. What do Evans' thoughts reveal about Nina in the beginning of Act 4? What do they reveal about his work?
7. What does Darrell want Nina to do in Act 6? How does she respond?
8. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
9. What does Mrs. Evans say about Nina leaving Evans in Act 3? How does Nina respond?
10. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)