|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That Nina is dying.
(b) That his mother died.
(c) That he's sterile.
(d) That Nina loves him too much.
2. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Next week.
(d) That night.
3. Who has Nina taught to take care of her father while she's gone?
4. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A husband.
5. Who startles Marsden by standing outside the doorway in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
2. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
3. What does Marsden wonder whether Nina will feel at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
5. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6? Why?
2. What are Marsden's thoughts at the beginning of Act 1?
3. How does Nina regard God in Act 8?
4. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
5. What does Marsden ask Darrell about regarding his mother in Act 4? What is his response?
6. What do Nina's thoughts reveal about her father in Act 2?
7. What exposition is provided by Nina's thoughts in the beginning of Act 5? How does Nina feel about Darrell?
8. How does Darrell feel about his family in Act 9?
9. What does Evans ask of Marsden in Act 2? Why? How does Marsden respond?
10. What does Mrs. Evans ask Nina in Act 3? What is her response?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)