|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
(a) Looked afraid.
(c) Looked disgusted with himself.
(d) Ran from the room.
2. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
(d) God the Father.
3. What does Evans ask Marsden for as he leaves in Act 4?
(a) A lift to the store.
(b) His blessing.
(c) A loan.
(d) A gift for the baby.
4. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Her father.
(c) A husband.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
(a) That he leave forever.
(b) That he father her child.
(c) That he kill Evans.
(d) That he kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
2. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
3. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
4. What does Marsden do for a living?
5. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8? Who knows about this?
2. What does Nina say to her father after his confession?
3. What does Leeds do at the end of Act 1? What are his thoughts?
4. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Nina in Act 3?
5. How does Nina regard God in Act 8?
6. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1?
7. What do Marsden's thoughts reveal about Gordon in Act 4? Why did he suggest Nina write a biography about him?
8. How does Marsden feel about Nina and Darrell in Act 5? What does he intend to do about it?
9. What does Nina say to her father and Marsden regarding her last night with Gordon?
10. What do Darrell and Nina agree about in the end of Act 9? Who does Darrell suggest Nina marry?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)