|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Acts 6 and 7?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Eleven years.
2. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
(a) Leave forever.
(b) Kill Nina.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Get drunk.
3. Who does Darrell feel is the only "sane" person in the family circle?
4. Why does Evans suggest the others go in with him in Act 8?
(a) For breakfast.
(b) For drinks.
(c) For the show.
(d) For dinner.
5. What city does Act 7 take place in?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
6. Where does Act 5 take place?
(a) The yacht.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) A small house on the shore.
(d) The Evans' dining room.
7. Who does everyone say Nina's baby resembles?
8. What does Darrell tell Nina he won't do in Act 5?
(a) Give her a child.
(b) Marry anyone.
(c) Leave for Europe.
(d) Leave her.
9. What does Gordon call Darrell for the first time in Act 7?
10. What does Marsden say that Darrell seemed when he encountered him abroad?
11. Who says, "It's a wise father who knows his own child"?
12. Who says, "Romantic Imagination! It has ruined more lives than all the diseases"?
13. What does Nina call Evans at the end of Act 5?
14. How does Darrell say he's become wealthy in Act 7?
(a) Investing with Evans.
(d) His work.
15. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrell say he's investigated in Act 8?
2. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
3. Who convinced Darrell to go away and do research?
4. Who says, "I've lost everything in life so far because I didn't have the courage to take it--and I've hurt everyone around me"?
5. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)