|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Darrell tell Evans he is going in Act 5?
2. What does Marsden say he almost told Nina in Act 6?
(a) That he loved her.
(b) That Gordon wasn't hers.
(c) He was leaving.
(d) That he would kill himself.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
4. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
(a) To go to Europe.
(b) To write.
(c) To find Sam.
(d) To see Gordon.
5. What does Nina speak about in her thoughts at the end of Act 5?
(a) The sun.
(b) The land.
(c) The tide.
(d) The moon.
6. Who did Masden say he saw Darrell with abroad?
(a) An ugly woman.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A beautiful woman.
7. Who says, "Romantic Imagination! It has ruined more lives than all the diseases"?
8. How does Darrell say he's become wealthy in Act 7?
(b) Investing with Evans.
(d) His work.
9. What new character is introduced in Act 8?
10. What does Nina leave to do when Evans enters in Act 5?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Go to Europe.
(c) See to lunch.
(d) Get the car.
11. Whose arrival are Evans and Nina awaiting at the beginning of Act 5?
12. What did Darrell buy Gordon as a gift?
(a) A toy boat.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A house.
(d) A car.
13. Who does Nina say that Gordon resembles in Act 7?
(d) His namesake.
14. Who says, "Now, well, at least I've improved. I'm not afraid of my own shadow anymore"?
15. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
(b) Salad dressing.
(c) A casserole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
2. Who does Darrell feel is the only "sane" person in the family circle?
3. What does Marsden say that Darrell seemed when he encountered him abroad?
4. Who has died in Act 5?
5. What does Darrell tell Nina he won't do in Act 5?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)