|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival are Evans and Nina awaiting at the beginning of Act 5?
2. Where does Darrell tell Evans he is going in Act 5?
3. What does Darrell tell Nina is nothing to hope for in Act 8?
(a) Evans' death.
(b) Gordon's marriage.
(c) Nina's death.
(d) Gordon's death.
4. Where is Marsden's sister?
(c) New York.
5. Who convinced Darrell to go away and do research?
(c) No one.
6. What has Nina named her baby?
7. What does Gordon smash in Act 7?
(a) Evans' gift.
(b) His hand.
(c) Darrell's gift.
(d) Nina's gift.
8. Who has died in Act 5?
(a) Leeds' mother.
(b) Evans' mother.
(c) Williams' mother.
(d) Marsden's mother.
9. What does Nina tell Darrell in Act 5?
(a) That she's leaving him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she's killing herself.
(d) That she's in love with Evans.
10. Where does Act 8 take place?
(a) Marsden's office.
(b) Evans' parlor.
(c) A yacht.
(d) Mrs. Evans' dining room.
11. What does Nina speak about in her thoughts at the end of Act 5?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The land.
(d) The tide.
12. What does Nina talk about in her soliloquy at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Her madness.
(b) Her husband's suicide.
(c) Her divorce.
(d) Her pregnancy.
13. Who says, "Romantic Imagination! It has ruined more lives than all the diseases"?
14. How much time passes between Acts 5 and 6?
(a) One decade.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven months.
(d) A little over a year.
15. What does Nina ask Darrell to help her do in Act 8?
(a) Break up Gordon's engagement.
(b) Leave Marsden.
(c) End her life.
(d) Kill Evans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsden say he almost told Nina in Act 6?
2. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6?
3. What does Evans contemplate at the beginning of Act 5?
4. What does Nina leave to do when Evans enters in Act 5?
5. What does Gordon call Darrell for the first time in Act 7?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)