|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina ask Marsden to help her make in Act 7?
(b) Salad dressing.
(c) A casserole.
2. What has Nina named her baby?
3. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) One year.
4. What does Nina talk about in her soliloquy at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Her madness.
(b) Her divorce.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her husband's suicide.
5. What does Gordon call Darrell for the first time in Act 7?
6. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8?
7. Who says, "Now, well, at least I've improved. I'm not afraid of my own shadow anymore"?
8. Who does Darrell feel is the only "sane" person in the family circle?
9. What event is taking place in Act 8?
(a) Gordon's marriage.
(b) Gordon's swim race.
(c) Gordon's boxing match.
(d) Gordon's rowing match.
10. How much money does Evans say he needs to buy the agency?
11. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
(a) His wife was ill.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He was dying.
(d) His father died.
12. Who has died in Act 8?
(a) Marsden's nephew.
(b) Gordon's mother.
(c) Marsden's sister.
(d) Evans' brother.
13. How does Gordon feel about Darrell?
(a) He is happy for him.
(b) He is scared of him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He loves him.
14. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6?
(c) Mrs. Evans.
15. What celebration is it in Act 7?
(a) Marsden's birthday.
(b) Gordon's birthday.
(c) Evans' birthday.
(d) Nina's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 5 take place?
2. How does Darrell say he's become wealthy in Act 7?
3. How much time passes between Acts 5 and 6?
4. What does Darrell say he's investigated in Act 8?
5. Who has Nina written to in Act 6?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)