|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
(b) A strange interlude.
(c) A hateful thing.
(d) A forgotten memory.
2. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
3. What city does Act 7 take place in?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Who has died in Act 5?
(a) Evans' mother.
(b) Leeds' mother.
(c) Williams' mother.
(d) Marsden's mother.
5. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His father died.
(c) He was dying.
(d) His wife was ill.
6. What does Nina call Evans at the end of Act 5?
7. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
8. Who says, "It's a wise father who knows his own child"?
9. What does Darrell say he's investigated in Act 8?
(a) The Evans' curse.
(b) Nina's family.
(c) His history.
(d) The birth of Gordon.
10. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Kill Nina.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Leave forever.
11. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8?
12. Who says, "Now, well, at least I've improved. I'm not afraid of my own shadow anymore"?
13. What does Darrell tell Nina is nothing to hope for in Act 8?
(a) Gordon's death.
(b) Nina's death.
(c) Gordon's marriage.
(d) Evans' death.
14. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) One day.
15. Where does Act 8 take place?
(a) Marsden's office.
(b) A yacht.
(c) Mrs. Evans' dining room.
(d) Evans' parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsden say that Darrell seemed when he encountered him abroad?
2. Where does Act 6 take place?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6?
4. How much money does Evans say he needs to buy the agency?
5. What does Nina wish for in her thoughts in Act 8?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)