|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrell tell Evans before he leaves in Act 5?
(a) His child is someone else's.
(b) Nina is pregnant.
(c) Nina is leaving him.
(d) He is marrying Nina.
2. What event is taking place in Act 8?
(a) Gordon's marriage.
(b) Gordon's boxing match.
(c) Gordon's swim race.
(d) Gordon's rowing match.
3. Where is Marsden's sister?
(d) New York.
4. What does Darrell say is a trap?
(d) Nina's body.
5. What does Marsden say he hopes for in Act 8?
(a) Gordon wins.
(b) Gordon loses.
(c) Evans dies.
(d) Nina leaves him.
6. Who did Masden say he saw Darrell with abroad?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) An ugly woman.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8?
(a) Nine months.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Ten years.
8. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
(a) A forgotten memory.
(c) A strange interlude.
(d) A hateful thing.
9. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
(a) Over a year.
(b) One day.
(c) Several years.
(d) Several days.
10. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 6?
(b) Mrs. Evans.
11. How does Darrell say he's become wealthy in Act 7?
(c) His work.
(d) Investing with Evans.
12. What does Nina wish for in her thoughts in Act 8?
(a) For Evans to die.
(b) For Marsden to die.
(c) For her own death.
(d) For Gordon to die.
13. How old is Nina in Act 7?
14. What does Evans contemplate at the beginning of Act 5?
(b) Killing Nina.
(d) Killing Darrell.
15. Where does Darrell tell Evans he is going in Act 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 8 take place?
2. How much time passes between Acts 5 and 6?
3. Where does Act 5 take place?
4. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
5. What has happened in Act 5 with Evans' work?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)