|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
2. What does Darrell tell Evans before he leaves in Act 5?
(a) He is marrying Nina.
(b) His child is someone else's.
(c) Nina is pregnant.
(d) Nina is leaving him.
3. How long has Darrell been away in Act 7?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
4. Who has died in Act 8?
(a) Marsden's nephew.
(b) Evans' brother.
(c) Marsden's sister.
(d) Gordon's mother.
5. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8?
6. How does Gordon feel about Darrell?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He is scared of him.
(c) He is happy for him.
(d) He hates him.
7. Who has Nina written to in Act 6?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
(b) Dr. Warren.
(d) Mr. Evans.
8. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
(b) A strange interlude.
(c) A forgotten memory.
(d) A hateful thing.
9. Where does Act 5 take place?
(a) A small house on the shore.
(b) The yacht.
(c) Leeds' study.
(d) The Evans' dining room.
10. What does Nina speak about in her thoughts at the end of Act 5?
(a) The land.
(b) The moon.
(c) The tide.
(d) The sun.
11. Who does Darrell feel is the only "sane" person in the family circle?
12. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
(a) Kill Nina.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Leave forever.
(d) Kill himself.
13. How old is Gordon in Act 7?
14. Who did Masden say he saw Darrell with abroad?
(a) His mother.
(b) An ugly woman.
(c) His father.
(d) A beautiful woman.
15. Why does Darrell say he returned from abroad?
(a) His wife was ill.
(b) He was dying.
(c) His mother died.
(d) His father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrell say is a trap?
2. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
3. What does Marsden say he hopes for in Act 8?
4. Who says, "It's a wise father who knows his own child"?
5. Who has died in Act 5?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)