|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marsden's sister?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Darrell tell Evans he is going in Act 5?
3. What does Nina talk about in her soliloquy at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Her divorce.
(b) Her husband's suicide.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her madness.
4. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
(a) Several years.
(b) Several days.
(c) Over a year.
(d) One day.
5. What does Nina wish for in her thoughts in Act 8?
(a) For Gordon to die.
(b) For her own death.
(c) For Marsden to die.
(d) For Evans to die.
6. How much time passes between Acts 5 and 6?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Three days.
(c) A little over a year.
(d) One decade.
7. What does Nina say that the present is in Act 8?
(a) A hateful thing.
(b) A forgotten memory.
(c) A strange interlude.
8. What does Gordon see in Act 7?
(a) Nina kiss Evans.
(b) Nina break the lamp.
(c) Nina kiss Darrell.
(d) Nina kiss Marsden.
9. Who has died in Act 5?
(a) Leeds' mother.
(b) Williams' mother.
(c) Evans' mother.
(d) Marsden's mother.
10. Who does everyone say Nina's baby resembles?
11. How old is Nina in Act 7?
12. What does Marsden say that Darrell seemed when he encountered him abroad?
13. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
14. What has happened in Act 5 with Evans' work?
(a) He lost his job.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He became the best salesman.
(d) He became a banker.
15. What does Darrell tell Nina he won't do in Act 5?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Give her a child.
(c) Leave for Europe.
(d) Marry anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Now, well, at least I've improved. I'm not afraid of my own shadow anymore"?
2. How much time passes between Acts 6 and 7?
3. Where has Darrell been doing research?
4. What does Darrell say he's investigated in Act 8?
5. Why does Evans suggest the others go in with him in Act 8?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)