|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marsden say he hopes for in Act 8?
(a) Evans dies.
(b) Nina leaves him.
(c) Gordon wins.
(d) Gordon loses.
2. What does Nina call Marsden in Act 8?
3. What does Darrell tell Nina is nothing to hope for in Act 8?
(a) Nina's death.
(b) Evans' death.
(c) Gordon's marriage.
(d) Gordon's death.
4. Whose arrival are Evans and Nina awaiting at the beginning of Act 5?
5. Where does Darrell tell Evans he is going in Act 5?
6. What does Nina talk about in her soliloquy at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Her husband's suicide.
(b) Her divorce.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her madness.
7. How old is Gordon in Act 7?
8. How does Darrell say he's become wealthy in Act 7?
(b) Investing with Evans.
(d) His work.
9. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
10. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Leave forever.
(d) Kill Nina.
11. Where has Darrell been doing research?
(c) The West Indies.
12. What did Darrell buy Gordon as a gift?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A toy boat.
(d) A yacht.
13. Who says, "I've lost everything in life so far because I didn't have the courage to take it--and I've hurt everyone around me"?
14. Why does Evans suggest the others go in with him in Act 8?
(a) For breakfast.
(b) For the show.
(c) For drinks.
(d) For dinner.
15. How long has Darrell been away in Act 7?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 5 take place?
2. What does Nina call Evans at the end of Act 5?
3. What does Gordon call Darrell for the first time in Act 7?
4. What does Darrell hate about Gordon in Act 7?
5. Why does Marsden say he's leaving in Act 6?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)