|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Evans say he needs to buy the agency?
2. How much time passes between Acts 5 and 6?
(a) One decade.
(b) Three days.
(c) A little over a year.
(d) Seven months.
3. Who has died in Act 8?
(a) Evans' brother.
(b) Marsden's sister.
(c) Gordon's mother.
(d) Marsden's nephew.
4. What afflicted Marsden's mother?
5. How long does Marsden say it's been since he's written in Act 6?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several years.
(c) One day.
(d) Over a year.
6. Why does Ned say he's going away in Act 5?
(a) To study.
(b) To marry.
(c) To work.
(d) To write.
7. What does Marsden say that Darrell seemed when he encountered him abroad?
8. What does Gordon see in Act 7?
(a) Nina kiss Marsden.
(b) Nina kiss Evans.
(c) Nina break the lamp.
(d) Nina kiss Darrell.
9. What did Darrell buy Gordon as a gift?
(a) A house.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A toy boat.
(d) A car.
10. What has happened in Act 5 with Evans' work?
(a) He lost his job.
(b) He became a banker.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He became the best salesman.
11. What does Darrell tell Evans before he leaves in Act 5?
(a) Nina is leaving him.
(b) He is marrying Nina.
(c) His child is someone else's.
(d) Nina is pregnant.
12. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8?
13. What does Marsden say he hopes for in Act 8?
(a) Evans dies.
(b) Gordon wins.
(c) Nina leaves him.
(d) Gordon loses.
14. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Nina.
(d) Leave forever.
15. What does Marsden say he almost told Nina in Act 6?
(a) That he would kill himself.
(b) That Gordon wasn't hers.
(c) That he loved her.
(d) He was leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nina say that Gordon resembles in Act 7?
2. Who says, "Now, well, at least I've improved. I'm not afraid of my own shadow anymore"?
3. Who has Nina written to in Act 6?
4. What does Nina tease Marsden about in Act 6?
5. What does Evans contemplate at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)