|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(c) South America.
2. How many times did Marsden visit Nina while she was away between Acts 1 and 2?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
3. Why does Nina say she must go away in Act 1?
(a) To make money for the family.
(b) To pay her duty to Gordon.
(c) To break a curse.
(d) To find a husband.
4. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
5. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
(d) Mrs. Evans.
6. What does Marsden do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is an investor.
(d) He is a writer.
7. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 (the beginning of the play)?
8. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is barren.
9. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He went mad.
(b) He ran away to Europe.
(c) He left his mother for another woman.
(d) He died in a plane crash.
10. Why does Leeds say he hated Gordon?
(a) He killed his wife.
(b) He was jealous for Nina's love.
(c) He had blackmailed him.
(d) He stole money from him.
11. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) He's late for a train.
(c) He's going to Europe.
(d) His sister is ill.
12. What is Nina writing in Act 4?
(a) Gordon's biography.
(d) A newspaper article.
13. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
(a) Edmund Darrell.
(b) Sam Evans.
(c) Professor Leeds.
(d) Nina Leeds.
14. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
15. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
2. Who does Nina ask to come upstairs and help her pack in Act 1?
3. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
4. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger"?
5. Who has Nina taught to take care of her father while she's gone?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)