|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
(a) That he leave forever.
(b) That he kill Evans.
(c) That he kill her.
(d) That he father her child.
2. How old is Evans in Act 2?
3. What is Nina writing in Act 4?
(b) Gordon's biography.
(c) A newspaper article.
4. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
(b) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
6. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
(a) The house.
(c) Being married.
(d) The garden.
7. Who does Nina ask to come upstairs and help her pack in Act 1?
8. Where does Nina say she is going in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) To work at a sanatorium.
(b) To London.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To work at the university.
9. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) A husband.
10. What does Leeds admit to Nina that he told Gordon in Act 1?
(a) To wait until after the war to marry her.
(b) To never return.
(c) To take her away.
(d) To marry her secretly.
11. In what language does Leeds read at the end of Act 1?
12. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
(b) God the Father.
13. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His sister.
(b) His niece.
(c) His mother.
(d) His nephew.
14. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
15. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) He's going to Europe.
(b) He's late for a train.
(c) His sister is ill.
(d) His mother is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
3. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who is sitting in the room at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Nina say she feels for Evans in Act 4?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)