|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marsden say about Gordon's family?
(a) They were low stock.
(b) They had died.
(c) They were rich.
(d) They were abusive.
2. Whom does Darrell have a letter for in Act 3?
(a) His mother.
(c) His sister.
3. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) His sister is ill.
(b) He's late for a train.
(c) He's going to Europe.
(d) His mother is ill.
4. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
(a) Professor Leeds.
(b) Edmund Darrell.
(c) Sam Evans.
(d) Nina Leeds.
5. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Next week.
(b) Two months.
(c) That night.
(d) One month.
6. In what language does Leeds read at the end of Act 1?
7. How many times did Marsden visit Nina while she was away between Acts 1 and 2?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
8. Who startles Marsden by standing outside the doorway in Act 2?
9. How does Marsden know Leeds?
(a) He arranged his wedding.
(b) He worked for him at the hospital.
(c) He was his professor.
(d) He was his father's accountant.
10. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Two years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) About a year.
(d) Ten years.
11. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That he's sterile.
(b) That Nina loves him too much.
(c) That his mother died.
(d) That Nina is dying.
12. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Her erratic behavior.
(b) Her refusal to wed.
(c) Her spending of money.
(d) Her promiscuity.
13. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
14. Why does Leeds insist that Nina not leave in Act 1?
(a) She is frivolous.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is promiscuous.
(d) She is naive.
15. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
(a) Leeds' kitchen.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Nina's bedroom.
(d) Marsden's study.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between Acts 2 and 3?
2. Where does Act 3 take place?
3. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger"?
4. Who is sitting in the room at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)