|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
2. What does Marsden wonder whether Nina will feel at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Lust for him.
(b) Grief for her father.
(c) Grief for Gordon.
(d) Surprise at seeing him.
3. Who has Nina taught to take care of her father while she's gone?
4. What is Marsden's first name?
5. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her love.
(d) All men.
6. How long has Nina studied at the university?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
7. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Evans' dining room.
(c) Leeds' parlor.
(d) The Evans' yacht.
8. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
(a) That she sold their papers.
(b) That she is leaving Evans.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she secretly loves him.
9. Why does Nina say she must go away in Act 1?
(a) To make money for the family.
(b) To pay her duty to Gordon.
(c) To break a curse.
(d) To find a husband.
10. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is barren.
11. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
(b) A widow's.
(c) A witch's.
(d) A prostitute's.
12. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His niece.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
14. Whom has Nina married in Act 3?
15. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Evans' tell Nina about the Evans family?
2. Why does Leeds insist that Nina not leave in Act 1?
3. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
4. What does Nina threaten to do once Mrs. Evans tells her the truth about the Evans'?
5. Who says, "I used to wish I'd gone out deliberate in our first year, without my husband knowing, and picked a man, a healthy male to breed by, same's we do with stock, to give the man I loved a healthy child"?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)