|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
(a) That he kill Evans.
(b) That he father her child.
(c) That he leave forever.
(d) That he kill her.
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) About a year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
4. What is Evans trying to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Play piano.
(c) Make breakfast.
(d) Type ads.
5. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
(a) That she had an abortion.
(b) That she is leaving Evans.
(c) That she secretly loves him.
(d) That she sold their papers.
6. Why does Leeds insist that Nina not leave in Act 1?
(a) She is naive.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is promiscuous.
(d) She is frivolous.
7. How long has Nina studied at the university?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
8. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 (the beginning of the play)?
9. What does Marsden ask Darrell about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His will.
(d) His inheritance.
10. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His niece.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His nephew.
11. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Next week.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) That night.
12. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Nina's bedroom.
(c) Leeds' study.
(d) Leeds' kitchen.
13. Who found Professor Leeds' body?
14. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Gordon Shaw.
(b) Gordon Evans.
(c) Sam Evans.
(d) Henry Leeds.
15. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Her promiscuity.
(b) Her spending of money.
(c) Her erratic behavior.
(d) Her refusal to wed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina say she feels for Evans in Act 4?
2. How much time passes between Acts 3 and 4?
3. Who has Evans invited over this evening at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
5. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)