|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Marsden visit Nina while she was away between Acts 1 and 2?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
2. What is Evans trying to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Play piano.
(b) Type ads.
(c) Make breakfast.
3. How old is Evans in Act 2?
4. Who is sitting in the room at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
(a) Having lost his ring.
(b) Having married him before he left.
(c) Her last words to him.
(d) Not having given her body to him first.
6. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
7. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is having an affair.
8. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Gordon Evans.
(b) Sam Evans.
(c) Gordon Shaw.
(d) Henry Leeds.
9. What does Nina threaten to do once Mrs. Evans tells her the truth about the Evans'?
(a) Leave Evans.
(b) Tell Evans everything.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill Evans.
10. Where does Marsden accuse Nina of getting her ideas from in Act 1?
11. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Being lectured by him.
(b) His stinginess with money.
(c) His forcing her to marry.
(d) His lack of love.
12. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That his mother died.
(b) That Nina loves him too much.
(c) That he's sterile.
(d) That Nina is dying.
13. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Darrell's office.
(b) Marsden's study.
(c) Evans' dining room.
(d) Leeds' study.
14. Who has Nina taught to take care of her father while she's gone?
15. What does Leeds admit to Nina that he told Gordon in Act 1?
(a) To marry her secretly.
(b) To never return.
(c) To wait until after the war to marry her.
(d) To take her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
2. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
3. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
4. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
5. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)