|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
(a) Marry Marsden.
(b) Marry Evans.
(c) Marry Smithson.
(d) Marry Darrell.
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) The yacht.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) The hospital.
3. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He left his mother for another woman.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He ran away to Europe.
(d) He went mad.
4. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Evans' dining room.
(d) Darrell's office.
5. What does Marsden ask Darrell about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His will.
(d) His inheritance.
6. Where does Nina say she is going in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) To work at a sanatorium.
(b) To work at the university.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To London.
7. Where does Evans' aunt live?
(a) On the top floor of the Evans' home.
(b) In a retirement home.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In an asylum.
8. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) All men.
9. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) He's going to Europe.
(b) His sister is ill.
(c) He's late for a train.
(d) His mother is ill.
10. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
(a) That she sold their papers.
(b) That she is leaving Evans.
(c) That she had an abortion.
(d) That she secretly loves him.
11. Who says, "I used to wish I'd gone out deliberate in our first year, without my husband knowing, and picked a man, a healthy male to breed by, same's we do with stock, to give the man I loved a healthy child"?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
12. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
13. How long has Nina studied at the university?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
14. How does Marsden know Leeds?
(a) He arranged his wedding.
(b) He was his father's accountant.
(c) He worked for him at the hospital.
(d) He was his professor.
15. Who startles Marsden by standing outside the doorway in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
2. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
3. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
4. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
5. In what language does Leeds read at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)