|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Evans invited over this evening at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does Nina regret bitterly about Gordon's departure?
(a) Not having given her body to him first.
(b) Her last words to him.
(c) Having married him before he left.
(d) Having lost his ring.
3. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Her promiscuity.
(b) Her spending of money.
(c) Her erratic behavior.
(d) Her refusal to wed.
4. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
(a) Nina's bedroom.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) Leeds' kitchen.
5. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He ran away to Europe.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He went mad.
(d) He left his mother for another woman.
6. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
7. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Darrell's office.
(b) Evans' dining room.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) Leeds' study.
8. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His niece.
(b) His sister.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His mother.
9. When does Darrell say he'll marry in Act 4?
(a) After 50.
(b) After 30.
(c) After 40.
(d) After 35.
10. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
(a) God the Father.
11. What is Evans' first name?
12. How does Marsden know Leeds?
(a) He was his professor.
(b) He was his father's accountant.
(c) He worked for him at the hospital.
(d) He arranged his wedding.
13. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Henry Leeds.
(b) Gordon Shaw.
(c) Sam Evans.
(d) Gordon Evans.
14. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
(a) Marry Marsden.
(b) Marry Evans.
(c) Marry Smithson.
(d) Marry Darrell.
15. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 (the beginning of the play)?
2. In what language does Leeds read at the end of Act 1?
3. How old is Evans' mother in Act 3?
4. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
5. Whom does Darrell say he couldn't share a woman with?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)