|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
2. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
3. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
(a) That she is leaving Evans.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she secretly loves him.
(d) That she sold their papers.
4. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) About a year.
5. What does Nina threaten to do once Mrs. Evans tells her the truth about the Evans'?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Tell Evans everything.
(c) Kill Evans.
(d) Leave Evans.
6. What is Nina writing in Act 4?
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) Gordon's biography.
7. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
8. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That Nina loves him too much.
(b) That Nina is dying.
(c) That his mother died.
(d) That he's sterile.
9. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
10. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) He's late for a train.
(c) He's going to Europe.
(d) His sister is ill.
11. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger"?
(b) Mrs. Evans.
12. How much training has Nina had as a nurse?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
13. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) One year.
14. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is having an affair.
15. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
(a) Her love.
(b) All men.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Darrell say he'll marry in Act 4?
2. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
3. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
4. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
5. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)