Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
(a) Leave Evans.
(b) Marry Darrell.
(c) Buy her house.
(d) Have an abortion.
2. Who is Nina writing a letter to at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
4. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
5. What does Nina write about not liking in her letter in Act 3?
(a) The garden.
(b) The house.
(d) Being married.
6. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
(a) Ran from the room.
(b) Looked afraid.
(d) Looked disgusted with himself.
7. How much time has passed between Acts 2 and 3?
(a) About seven months.
(b) One month.
(c) About two years.
(d) One decade.
8. Who does Nina ask to come upstairs and help her pack in Act 1?
9. Who are Nina and Evans visiting in Act 3?
(a) His sister.
(b) His niece.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His mother.
10. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
(a) Five months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
11. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Evans' dining room.
(b) Darrell's office.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) Leeds' study.
12. When does Darrell say he'll marry in Act 4?
(a) After 40.
(b) After 50.
(c) After 30.
(d) After 35.
13. What is Marsden's first name?
14. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) That night.
(b) Next week.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
15. What does Leeds admit to Nina that he told Gordon in Act 1?
(a) To wait until after the war to marry her.
(b) To take her away.
(c) To never return.
(d) To marry her secretly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
2. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
3. Why does Nina say she must go away in Act 1?
4. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
5. How much time passes between Acts 3 and 4?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)