|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marsden say about Gordon's family?
(a) They were rich.
(b) They had died.
(c) They were low stock.
(d) They were abusive.
2. What does Evans fear in Act 4?
(a) That Nina is dying.
(b) That he's sterile.
(c) That Nina loves him too much.
(d) That his mother died.
3. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
4. When does Darrell say he'll marry in Act 4?
(a) After 30.
(b) After 50.
(c) After 40.
(d) After 35.
5. What does Marsden wonder whether Nina will feel at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Lust for him.
(b) Surprise at seeing him.
(c) Grief for her father.
(d) Grief for Gordon.
6. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
7. What is Evans' first name?
8. What does Nina call Marsden at the end of Act 2?
9. How old is Dr. Darrell in Act 2?
10. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
11. Who does Nina ask to come upstairs and help her pack in Act 1?
12. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
13. How many times did Marsden visit Nina while she was away between Acts 1 and 2?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
14. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Darrell's office.
(c) Leeds' study.
(d) Evans' dining room.
15. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
(a) That he father her child.
(b) That he kill her.
(c) That he leave forever.
(d) That he kill Evans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I used to wish I'd gone out deliberate in our first year, without my husband knowing, and picked a man, a healthy male to breed by, same's we do with stock, to give the man I loved a healthy child"?
2. Who calls thoughts, "mosquitoes of the soul"?
3. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
4. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
5. What does Nina say she feels for Evans in Act 4?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)