|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom has Nina married in Act 3?
2. How much training has Nina had as a nurse?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. What does Marsden say about Gordon's family?
(a) They had died.
(b) They were rich.
(c) They were low stock.
(d) They were abusive.
4. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
(a) Edmund Darrell.
(b) Professor Leeds.
(c) Sam Evans.
(d) Nina Leeds.
5. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
6. What is Evans' aunt's name?
7. What is Evans' mother worried about?
(a) Nina leaving Evans.
(b) Nina having an affair.
(c) Nina having a baby.
(d) Nina not liking her.
8. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Gordon Evans.
(b) Henry Leeds.
(c) Gordon Shaw.
(d) Sam Evans.
9. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
(a) Leeds' study.
(b) Nina's bedroom.
(c) Marsden's study.
(d) Leeds' kitchen.
10. Who says, "Why does everyone in the world think they can write"?
11. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) About a year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Sixteen years.
12. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
13. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
(a) A widow's.
(c) A witch's.
(d) A prostitute's.
14. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
15. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) That night.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Next week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret is Nina keeping at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Who does Nina say died to her when Gordon died?
3. How does Marsden know Leeds?
4. Where does Nina say she is going in Part 1, Act 1?
5. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)