|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(c) South America.
2. In what language does Leeds read at the end of Act 1?
3. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
4. What business is Evans in?
(c) Machine sales.
5. What is Evans' aunt's name?
6. What happened to Evans' father?
(a) He ran away to Europe.
(b) He left his mother for another woman.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He went mad.
7. What is Evans trying to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Make breakfast.
(c) Play piano.
(d) Type ads.
8. Who says, "I used to wish I'd gone out deliberate in our first year, without my husband knowing, and picked a man, a healthy male to breed by, same's we do with stock, to give the man I loved a healthy child"?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
9. Who was in Gordon's class at school?
10. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) One month.
(b) Next week.
(c) Two months.
(d) That night.
11. Why does Leeds say he hated Gordon?
(a) He was jealous for Nina's love.
(b) He stole money from him.
(c) He killed his wife.
(d) He had blackmailed him.
12. Whom has Nina married in Act 3?
13. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
14. Who says, "How we poor monkeys hide from ourselves behind the sounds of called words"?
15. Who talked Gordon out of the marriage before the war?
(a) Nina Leeds.
(b) Edmund Darrell.
(c) Professor Leeds.
(d) Sam Evans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has asked Nina to marry him in Act 2?
2. What does Nina threaten to do once Mrs. Evans tells her the truth about the Evans'?
3. What does Marsden do for a living?
4. Why does Leeds insist that Nina not leave in Act 1?
5. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)