|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Marsden visit Nina while she was away between Acts 1 and 2?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. What does Leeds admit to Nina that he told Gordon in Act 1?
(a) To wait until after the war to marry her.
(b) To never return.
(c) To marry her secretly.
(d) To take her away.
3. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Five months.
(d) Nine months.
4. Who was in Gordon's class at school?
5. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
(c) Mrs. Evans.
6. How many letters did Nina write to Marsden while she was gone from Act 1 to Act 2?
7. Why does Leeds say he hated Gordon?
(a) He killed his wife.
(b) He had blackmailed him.
(c) He was jealous for Nina's love.
(d) He stole money from him.
8. Who drove Nina and Evans to upstate New York in Act 3?
9. When does Nina announce that she is leaving in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) That night.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Next week.
10. What does Marsden do for a living?
(a) He is an investor.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a writer.
11. Who has Evans invited over this evening at the beginning of Act 4?
12. Where does Act 4 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Darrell's office.
(d) Evans' dining room.
13. What does Evans ask Marsden for as he leaves in Act 4?
(a) A loan.
(b) A lift to the store.
(c) His blessing.
(d) A gift for the baby.
14. What does Nina tell Mrs. Evans she doesn't believe in?
(c) God the Father.
15. Who did Nina bring with her in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much training has Nina had as a nurse?
2. What does Marsden intuitively know about Nina?
3. Who begins sobbing the moment Nina arrives at the door in Act 2?
4. Why does Marsden say he can't stay long in Act 4?
5. What does Nina complain to her father about in Part 1, Act 1?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)