|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrell tell Marsden that Nina has been while away at the sanitorium?
2. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger"?
(d) Mrs. Evans.
3. What is Evans trying to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Type ads.
(b) Play piano.
(d) Make breakfast.
4. What does Marsden compare Nina's eyes to in recollecting his visits with her?
(a) A widow's.
(b) A witch's.
(d) A prostitute's.
5. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(b) South America.
6. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Henry Leeds.
(b) Gordon Evans.
(c) Sam Evans.
(d) Gordon Shaw.
7. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Her refusal to wed.
(b) Her erratic behavior.
(c) Her spending of money.
(d) Her promiscuity.
8. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately in Act 4?
(a) One year.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Nine months.
9. What does Nina suggest to Darrell in Act 4?
(a) That he father her child.
(b) That he kill her.
(c) That he kill Evans.
(d) That he leave forever.
10. Who startles Marsden by standing outside the doorway in Act 2?
11. How much time passes between Acts 3 and 4?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Seven months.
12. How long has Nina studied at the university?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
13. What does Marsden tell Leeds he's found in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) The wedding ring for Nina.
(b) A letter for Nina.
(c) The site of Gordon's crash.
(d) Nina's diary.
14. What is Dr. Darrell's first name?
15. What does Nina tell Marsden that Darrell did after kissing her?
(a) Looked afraid.
(c) Looked disgusted with himself.
(d) Ran from the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Evans tell Nina she won't see again?
2. What does Darrell want Marsden to help convince Nina to do in Act 2?
3. What does Marsden do for a living?
4. What does Evans' mother want Nina to do?
5. Where does Act 4 take place?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)