1. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Nina's bedroom.
(c) Leeds' study.
(d) Leeds' kitchen.
2. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 (the beginning of the play)?
3. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(d) South America.
4. What does Marsden do for a living?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is an investor.
5. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
6. How does Marsden know Leeds?
(a) He worked for him at the hospital.
(b) He was his father's accountant.
(c) He arranged his wedding.
(d) He was his professor.
7. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Sam Evans.
(b) Henry Leeds.
(c) Gordon Evans.
(d) Gordon Shaw.
8. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Her promiscuity.
(b) Her refusal to wed.
(c) Her erratic behavior.
(d) Her spending of money.
This section contains 3,159 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)