Part 1, Act 1
1. Where does Part 1, Act 1 take place?
(a) Marsden's study.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Leeds' kitchen.
(d) Nina's bedroom.
2. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 (the beginning of the play)?
3. Where has Marsden been before the play begins?
(d) South America.
4. What does Marsden do for a living?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is an investor.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a writer.
5. Whom does Marsden suspect his mother is jealous of?
6. How does Marsden know Leeds?
(a) He worked for him at the hospital.
(b) He was his professor.
(c) He arranged his wedding.
(d) He was his father's accountant.
7. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of the play?
(a) Henry Leeds.
(b) Sam Evans.
(c) Gordon Shaw.
(d) Gordon Evans.
8. What about Nina causes concern for her father in Part 1, Act 1?
(a) Her spending of money.
(b) Her promiscuity.
(c) Her erratic behavior.
(d) Her refusal to wed.
This section contains 3,159 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)