|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mary call her mother each week?
2. What does Harrold demand that Mary make for him when he shows up in her cottage bedroom?
(d) A drink.
3. Who tells the private investigator where Mary is staying?
4. What sound takes Julia by surprise when she is in her house and talking with Helen after Mary's first trial?
(a) Low-flying helicopter.
(b) The sound of a baby crying.
(c) Gun fire.
5. When does Julia clean and polish her floors?
(b) Late at night.
(c) Early in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor who owns the blue Cape house next door to the cottage Mary rents?
2. When is Mary's second trial slated for with Judge Geary?
3. What sound does Mary hear after she shoots Harrold?
4. What can Mary see the man wearing who is in the fog and sculling out to his boat when she awakens the first morning at the cottage?
5. What does Mary say she saw when she looks out the window of her cottage after shooting Harold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mary tell Jack the truth about Harrold and the abuse she suffered?
2. How does Harrold act when he comes to the cottage to find Mary?
3. How does Jack characterize his marriage when he speaks of it to Mary?
4. Why does Mary think Jack is good with children?
5. How does Mary's mother find out she has left Harrold?
6. What items does Mary find in a cabinet when she is on Jack's boat?
7. What does Mary tell Everett that Harrold did to her that night before she killed him?
8. What does Willis do that is annoying to Mary?
9. What does Mary do when Jack has been out too long in his boat on a foggy day?
10. What does Julia say to Helen about Mary's trial?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)