|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary escape the honeypot she plunges into?
(a) By lying flat and rolling out of it.
(b) Grabbing onto a rope tied to a boat and pulling herself out.
(c) Calling for help.
(d) Waiting for the tide to come in and swimming out of it.
2. When does Julia clean and polish her floors?
(b) Late at night.
(d) Early in the morning.
3. How old is Jack's daughter when Mary first sees her at the St. Hilaire bonfire?
(d) Elementary school aged.
4. Where are Mary's keys the night that Harrold showed up in her bedroom cottage?
(a) In her coat pocket.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Kitchen table.
(d) In the car.
5. What sound takes Julia by surprise when she is in her house and talking with Helen after Mary's first trial?
(b) Low-flying helicopter.
(c) Gun fire.
(d) The sound of a baby crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Mary shoot Harrold?
2. What does Mary eat for breakfast the first morning she wakes up in the cottage?
3. Whose name is on Jack's boat?
4. What does Willis tell Helen about Judge Geary?
5. Who invites Mary to the town bonfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harrold act when he comes to the cottage to find Mary?
2. Why does Mary put herself at risk when she gives the doctor at the clinic Caroline's pediatrician's name and number?
3. What does Mary do when Jack has been out too long in his boat on a foggy day?
4. How does Jack characterize his marriage when he speaks of it to Mary?
5. Does Mary tell Jack the truth about Harrold and the abuse she suffered?
6. How does Mary describe Jack's physical appearance when she first meets him?
7. What is Jack's response when Mary tells him she thinks she brought on Harrold's abuse because she was a "catalyst" for Harrold's anger?
8. What does Willis do that is annoying to Mary?
9. What does Mary tell Everett that Harrold did to her that night before she killed him?
10. Why does Mary believe that Harrold could successfully use a fork as a weapon to harm her?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)