|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary go two days a week in St. Hilaire?
(a) Toy store.
2. What nickname does Willis call Mary?
(c) Mary Baby.
(d) Miss Mary.
3. How old is Jack's daughter when Mary first sees her at the St. Hilaire bonfire?
(b) Elementary school aged.
4. How does Mary escape the honeypot she plunges into?
(a) Waiting for the tide to come in and swimming out of it.
(b) By lying flat and rolling out of it.
(c) Grabbing onto a rope tied to a boat and pulling herself out.
(d) Calling for help.
5. How long does Willis say that Jack will keep his boat in the water?
(a) Early February.
(b) Until after Christmas.
(c) The first week of December.
(d) Late January.
6. What does Willis tell Helen about Judge Geary?
(a) He runs an orderly court.
(b) He is corrupt.
(c) He will decide against Mary.
(d) He's partial to women.
7. What does Jack's wife suffer from?
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
8. What does Harrold drink from a bottle while he is on the couch at Mary's cottage?
9. What weapon does Mary think about using on Harrold but decides she doesn't have the physical courage to use?
(c) Heavy skillet.
10. What is the name of Mary's defense lawyer for her trial?
(a) Sam Cotton.
(b) Steven Richards.
(c) Jim Booth.
(d) Lester Owens.
11. What does Harrold say he will do if Mary comes home with him when he is in her cottage kitchen?
(a) Let her go to work again.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) See a therapist.
(d) Let her mother live with them.
12. What does Harrold demand that Mary make for him when he shows up in her cottage bedroom?
(c) A drink.
13. When does Julia clean and polish her floors?
(b) Early in the morning.
(d) Late at night.
14. Who arrives with some Haddock for Mary the morning after she has moved into the cottage?
15. Where does Mary call her mother from each week?
(a) Neighbor's cottage.
(b) Julia's house.
(c) General Store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harrold do when he comes into the Mary's bedroom cottage?
2. Who took care of Caroline while Mary is in prison?
3. What kind of sandwiches does Jack serve Mary when she is on his boat?
4. What holiday does the town of St. Hilaire celebrate with a bonfire?
5. Who is Everett speaking to when he says that he first knew about Jack and Mary's relationship when Mary came into the store and Jack introduced her to his daughter?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)