|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia put in her tea the first time Mary visits and has tea with her?
2. What does Harrold do when he comes into the Mary's bedroom cottage?
(a) Sits and smokes in a chair in the dark.
(b) Turns on the light.
(c) Shines a flashlight in her face.
(d) Yells and throws things.
3. How much money does Mary try to give Julia for the use of her phone the day after the bonfire?
(a) Four dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Ten dollars.
4. How many books does Mary purchase when she buys a clock radio in a large town?
5. Whose name is on Jack's boat?
(a) His daughter's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His son's.
6. Who does Jack call for help after Mary shoots Harrold?
(b) Machias police.
7. What can Mary see the man wearing who is in the fog and sculling out to his boat when she awakens the first morning at the cottage?
(a) White shirt.
(b) Yellow slicker.
(c) Green cap.
(d) Red coat.
8. Whose name does Mary not want to give the clinic doctor when he is treating Caroline?
(a) Caroline's obstetrician.
(b) Caroline's dentist.
(c) Caroline's pediatrician.
(d) Caroline's nurse.
9. What nickname does Willis call Mary?
(a) Miss Mary.
(b) Mary Baby.
10. What does Willis tell Helen is Mary's motive for killing Harrold?
(a) Harrold was beating Jack.
(b) She was defending herself.
(c) She is covering up for Jack.
(d) The gun went off accidentally.
11. When is Mary's second trial slated for with Judge Geary?
12. What year of college did Jack have to leave school to go home to help his father with the lobstering?
(a) Senior year.
(b) Freshman year.
(c) Sophomore year.
(d) Junior year.
13. What does Harrold use to threaten Mary's life when he is at the cottage?
14. How many times does Mary shoot Harrold?
(c) Three times.
15. Who took care of Caroline while Mary is in prison?
(b) The Shedds.
(c) Mary's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary is on Jack's boat, what does she find under a towel in a cabinet?
2. What does Mary eat for breakfast the first morning she wakes up in the cottage?
3. How does Mary escape the honeypot she plunges into?
4. What does Jack's wife suffer from?
5. What is the name of Jack's daughter?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)