|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Harrold stay away from the apartment and the office after beating Maureen the first time?
2. What do Maureen and Harrold do after work most every night when they are living together?
(a) Go to movies.
(b) Drink in bars.
(d) Walk in Central Park.
3. What does Harrold accuse Maureen of when he hits her in the face the first time?
(a) Wearing her skirts too short.
(b) For interrupting him.
4. Where does Julia bring Mary the first time they meet?
(a) Out to the point.
(b) To catch a train.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To her cousin's house.
5. Where does Harrold go the day after he asks Maureen to marry him?
6. What does Maureen throw out the window of her car as she leaves Manhattan when she runs away from Harrold?
(a) Her pocketbook.
(b) Harrold's wallet.
(c) Caroline's baby basket.
(d) Her wedding ring.
7. What reason does Maureen give to her boss for why she could not travel out of the city for assignments?
(a) Motion sickness.
(b) She doesn't like staying at hotels.
(d) Fear of flying.
8. What is Everett Shed's job?
(a) Law official.
9. How old is Willis when he first meets Mary?
10. How does Maureen describe Harrold's eyes?
11. Who is the main character of the story?
(a) Helen Scofield.
(b) Harrold English.
(c) Mary Amesbury.
(d) Caroline English.
12. Where does Mary first stop when she arrives in St. Hilaire?
(a) General store.
(c) Laundry mat.
13. Where do Harrold and Maureen go on their first date?
(a) Walk in the park.
(b) Opera performance.
(c) For drinks.
(d) To the movies.
14. What color truck does Mary see in the lane after Willis has left on her first day in the cottage?
15. What was Mary's name before she changed it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maureen's first assignment on her new job when she met Harrold?
2. Where does Helen visit Caroline English?
3. While trying to sleep the first night at the cottage, what does Mary think Harrold will do once he finds her?
4. How old is Harrold when Maureen meets him?
5. Where does Harrold's father live?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)