Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Beginning and The Notes and Transcripts: December 3-4, 1970
1. Describe the setting of St. Hilaire.
2. What does Maureen do when she goes to the general store in St. Hilaire?
3. Is Muriel Noyers sympathetic to Maureen?
4. Why does Maureen change her name to Mary when she is signing the hotel register?
5. What is one positive memory of Mary's childhood in Chicago?
6. How does Julia Strout describe Mary to the reporter Helen Scofield?
7. How does Everett...
This section contains 868 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)