|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hank feel about Bodie Pie?
(a) He does not understand her sense of humor.
(b) He is half in love with her.
(c) He does not approve of her being a lesbian.
(d) He thinks she is brilliant.
2. Hank meets a young woman on his way home from his racquetball partner's place. What does she say to him that Hank agrees with?
(a) "You're in big trouble."
(b) "You're not him at all."
(c) "You look terrible."
(d) "You remind me of someone."
3. Bodie tells Hank that she is being informed by someone who should watch his back. Who is this individual?
(a) Tony Coniglia.
(b) Teddy Barnes.
(c) Paul Bourke.
(d) Jacob Rose.
4. Who is the goose named after?
(a) Hank's favorite author.
(b) One of Hank's colleagues.
(c) Hank's son-in-law.
(d) Hank's father.
5. Hank has a dog named Occam. What kind of dog is Occam?
(a) A Golden Retriever.
(b) A white German Shepherd.
(c) An Irish Setter.
(d) A black Labrador Retriever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Hank's daughters?
2. How does Hank deal with the people who stop him on his way out of his office?
3. In the Prologue, how old is Hank?
4. When Hank is in his mother's basement, what kind of physical reaction does he have?
5. The night after the news report is aired, Hank meets with Dickie Pope. What is Dickie's position at the college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hank meet after he leaves his friend's house? What is his reaction to this?
2. Who does Hank meet at the local bowling alley for lunch? What do they talk about?
3. The morning after his news debut, Hank realizes the film has been shown on Good Morning, America, much to everyone's amusement. Hank heads to see Campbell Wheemer. What is Hank's nickname for Wheemer? Why does he call him that? How is Wheemer a contrast to Hank?
4. Hank goes to see Dickie Pope. Who is Pope and what nickname does the staff give to his office? What does Hank do in his office? What does Pope hint to Hank?
5. After visiting the duck pond, Hank heads to the cafeteria. Who does he meet there? What is Hank's history with this person? What do they talk about?
6. The morning after Hank is hit in the nose at a staff meeting, he walks across campus and notices a construction site. What will this site be and what does Hank think about it?
7. What kinds of thoughts does Wheemer generate in Hank?
8. When he was eight, Hank's father did get a dog for him. What was the dog like, where did Mr. Devereaux get it, and what was Hank's reaction? Why did he react that way?
9. What is near the construction site that catches Hank's attention? What does he do?
10. What does Hank say in the Prologue about his father's life after the arrival of the dog? What does he say about his relationship with his father?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)