|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank buy, in anticipation of owning a dog?
(a) Several dog toys.
(b) A grooming brush.
(c) A fancy leash and collar.
(d) An expensive dog bed.
2. After leaving Bodie's office, Hank crosses campus and sees the television crew is there again. Who does he see with them?
(a) Michelle Devereaux.
(b) Mandy Paxman.
(c) Maureen O'Neil.
(d) Missy Blaylock.
3. What is the name of the subdivision that Hank and his wife live in?
(a) Alleghany Estates.
(b) College Heights.
(c) Alleghany Place.
(d) College View.
4. In the Prologue, how old is Hank?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
5. What name did Hank give the dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting with Dickie Pope, Hank goes to see Bodie Pie. What is her position at the college?
2. Hank wants some information from Jacob when they meet for lunch. What is Jacob's response?
3. Why is one of Hank's daughters concerned about her mother going out of town for an interview?
4. When Hank is in his mother's basement, what kind of physical reaction does he have?
5. How did Hank's father get the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is near the construction site that catches Hank's attention? What does he do?
2. After Hank leaves Bodie Pie's office, what does he notice is happening again?
3. After seeing Bodie in her office and going to his own office, Hank is on his way out but is stopped by a couple of his colleagues. Who are they and what do they want?
4. Why is Hank under pressure from his department colleagues at the beginning of the book? What does this result in at a staff meeting?
5. What did Hank's mother make Hank promise to do if he got a dog? Why?
6. When Hank gets home from his visit to Julie, he has a conversation with Billy Quigley. What are Billy's characteristics and what is the conversation about?
7. After visiting the duck pond, Hank heads to the cafeteria. Who does he meet there? What is Hank's history with this person? What do they talk about?
8. When Hank gets back to his office, after meeting with Bodie, what does he tell his secretary? What does Rachel tell him and what does Hank do about this?
9. Who is driving Hank home and what do they pass on their way? Where does Hank live?
10. When he was eight, Hank's father did get a dog for him. What was the dog like, where did Mr. Devereaux get it, and what was Hank's reaction? Why did he react that way?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)