|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hank's father get the dog?
(a) It was a stray their neighbor found.
(b) Its previous owner died.
(c) Its previous owner went into a nursing home.
(d) Its previous owner developed allergies.
2. After the news report with Hank airs at the bar, Hank goes to his racquetball partner's house with him and the reporter. What happens there?
(a) His daughter shows up.
(b) Hank's wife calls.
(c) The reporter falls asleep in the hot tub and Hank's friend takes photos of her.
(d) His friend passes out.
3. What did the dog do soon after it arrived at Hank's?
(a) It dropped dead.
(b) It hid in the basement.
(c) It ran away.
(d) It bit Hank.
4. What is the nickname Hank has given to one the geese near the new center?
5. From his meeting with Dickie Pope, what does Hank find out is true?
(a) The English and Languages departments will be combined.
(b) Cuts of 20% must be made to each department.
(c) Enrollment at the college is down.
(d) The college has to close down temporarily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the subdivision that Hank and his wife live in?
2. In Chapter 10, Hank plays racquetball with his colleague, Tony Coniglia, and then they walk across campus. Where do they see a television crew?
3. After leaving Bodie's office, Hank crosses campus and sees the television crew is there again. Who does he see with them?
4. Hank wants some information from Jacob when they meet for lunch. What is Jacob's response?
5. Hank is visited at his house by Herbert Schonberg, Paul Rourke, and a third person. Who is this individual?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after Hank is hit in the nose at a staff meeting, he walks across campus and notices a construction site. What will this site be and what does Hank think about it?
2. Where is the second place Hank goes to the night of his television report? What happens there? What does Hank end up doing?
3. What did Henry, as his parents called him, really want when he was a child? How did he go about convincing them to fulfill his dream?
4. Hank goes to see Dickie Pope. Who is Pope and what nickname does the staff give to his office? What does Hank do in his office? What does Pope hint to Hank?
5. What events transpired after the dog arrived at the Devereaux home?
6. When Hank gets home from his visit to Julie, he has a conversation with Billy Quigley. What are Billy's characteristics and what is the conversation about?
7. After visiting the duck pond, Hank heads to the cafeteria. Who does he meet there? What is Hank's history with this person? What do they talk about?
8. After Hank leaves Bodie Pie's office, what does he notice is happening again?
9. When Hank finally gets home, what is his daughter doing? What message does he find on his answering machine?
10. Who is Bodie Pie? What is the result of Hank's meeting with her?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)