|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed was the dog that Hank's father brought home for him?
(a) A Greyhound.
(b) A Golden Retriever.
(c) An Irish Setter.
(d) A German Shepherd.
2. Hank meets a young woman on his way home from his racquetball partner's place. What does she say to him that Hank agrees with?
(a) "You're not him at all."
(b) "You remind me of someone."
(c) "You're in big trouble."
(d) "You look terrible."
3. What does he think might be the cause of his physical problem, which also afflicted his father?
(a) He has chronic fatigue syndrome.
(b) He has appendicitis.
(c) He has asthma.
(d) He has a kidney stone.
4. What did the outcome of getting a dog make Hank realize about his father?
(a) That his parents would never love each other.
(b) That he was a kind man.
(c) That he was a very intelligent man.
(d) That he would never understand Hank.
5. What is the name of the television news reporter who narrates the segment that Hank is in?
6. What does Campbell Wheemer ask Hank advice about?
(a) Buying a house.
(b) Teaching methods.
(c) Where he can find a good mechanic.
(d) Investing in stocks.
7. Hank is visited at his house by Herbert Schonberg, Paul Rourke, and a third person. Who is this individual?
(a) Paul Rourke's second wife.
(b) Hank's older daughter.
(c) Paul Rourke's first wife.
(d) Hank's mother.
8. What is Hank's job at Railton College?
(a) He is chairman of the Languages department.
(b) He is head of security.
(c) He is an assistant instructor in the English department.
(d) He is interim chairman of the English department.
9. How does Hank respond to Bodie's advice?
(a) He thinks it is great advice and will take action.
(b) He tells her he wants to think it over before he takes action.
(c) He says he does not respect anyone, so he won't take action.
(d) He is furious with her advice and leaves the office.
10. How does Hank feel about Bodie Pie?
(a) He thinks she is brilliant.
(b) He is half in love with her.
(c) He does not understand her sense of humor.
(d) He does not approve of her being a lesbian.
11. How did Hank try to convince his parents to get a dog?
(a) He talked about dogs all the time.
(b) He got a dog house so he could keep the dog outside.
(c) He threatened to run away.
(d) He took care of his neighbor's dog every weekend.
12. What medium does Campbell Wheemer like to use as a teaching tool?
(a) Television news reports.
(b) Television comedy shows.
(c) Radio news reports.
13. What is the name of Hank's daughter's husband?
14. After Hank meets with Dickie Pope, what colleague tells him that he will vote for having Hank recalled as chair of the department if Hank doesn't do as he wishes?
(a) Paul Rourke.
(b) Billy Quigley.
(c) Gerald DuBois.
(d) Roy Williams.
15. Hank goes to visit his mother after he has lunch with Jacob. His mother is worried about Mr. Purty. Who is he?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) The college football coach.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hank go when he leaves the college after dealing with the people in his office?
2. What is near the center that is home to a large number of birds?
3. Why does Hank consider that he was a difficult child?
4. The night after the news report is aired, Hank meets with Dickie Pope. What is Dickie's position at the college?
5. Who is the goose named after?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)