|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank find on a shelf in Pope's office?
(a) An incriminating letter from Gracie.
(b) A wad of large bills.
(c) A copy of his book published twenty years before.
(d) A file outlining grievances against Hank.
2. After returning to his office and hearing about his phone call, Hank decides he must deal with the issue. Who stops him on the way out?
(a) Gracie and Jacob Rose.
(b) Bodie and her assistant.
(c) Bob and Jerri, from Human Resources.
(d) Teddy and June Barnes.
3. What name did Hank give the dog?
4. Hank has a dog named Occam. What kind of dog is Occam?
(a) A white German Shepherd.
(b) A Golden Retriever.
(c) An Irish Setter.
(d) A black Labrador Retriever.
5. After meeting with Dickie Pope, Hank goes to see Bodie Pie. What is her position at the college?
(a) Head of Women's Studies.
(b) Head of Fine Arts.
(c) Head of Social Sciences.
(d) Head of the French Department.
6. Why was Hank disappointed when his father finally brought home a dog?
(a) It wasn't a puppy.
(b) It was hyperactive.
(c) It was male.
(d) It barked a lot.
7. Why are some of Hank's colleagues angry about his property?
(a) It is painted garish colors.
(b) His yard is full of junk.
(c) He will not sell the lots on either side of him.
(d) Its value is so much higher than theirs.
8. What does Hank suggest to his daughter that they do about her situation?
(a) They should celebrate with a family party.
(b) She should go to their family doctor.
(c) That she and her husband should go away for the weekend.
(d) She should come over to her parents' house.
9. What are the names of Hank's daughters?
(a) Julie and Karen.
(b) Jodie and Tracey.
(c) Jennifer and Amy.
(d) Joanne and Melissa.
10. After seeing the television crew on campus for a second time, Hank returns to his office. What does his secretary tell him about his daughter?
(a) That her husband has accepted a job in Denver.
(b) That she called and has been crying.
(c) She is waiting for him outside.
(d) That she is in the hospital.
11. Just before meeting with Dickie Pope, Hank ends up in colleague Campbell Wheemer's office. What is Hank's nickname for Wheemer?
12. Who is the goose named after?
(a) Hank's favorite author.
(b) Hank's son-in-law.
(c) One of Hank's colleagues.
(d) Hank's father.
13. Why is Hank's colleague Teddy driving him home after a staff meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) Because his colleague Gracie let the air out of his tires.
(b) Because his colleague Gracie has his keys.
(c) Because his colleague Gracie stole his glasses.
(d) Because his colleague Gracie injured him.
14. What is Hank's full name?
(a) Henry Williams.
(b) William Henry Devereaux, Jr.
(c) William Hank Baines.
(d) Henry William Devereaux, Sr.
15. What is the name of the bar that Hank goes to with Tony after he is filmed for television news?
(a) By the Book.
(b) The Tracks.
(c) The College Corner.
(d) The Red Lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hank's parents do for a living?
2. After Hank meets with Dickie Pope, what colleague tells him that he will vote for having Hank recalled as chair of the department if Hank doesn't do as he wishes?
3. After meeting Meg in the cafeteria, Hank has lunch in a bowling alley with Jacob Rose. Who is Jacob?
4. After leaving Bodie's office, Hank crosses campus and sees the television crew is there again. Who does he see with them?
5. What breed was the dog that Hank's father brought home for him?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)