|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Judas Peckerwood: Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herbert Schonberg is a teaching colleague of Hank's. What other position does he hold?
(a) He is the union representative for the teaching staff.
(b) He also teaches in the Journalism department.
(c) He is the college chaplain.
(d) He is the administration liaison.
2. What is the name of Hank's daughter's husband?
3. What breed was the dog that Hank's father brought home for him?
(a) A Greyhound.
(b) A German Shepherd.
(c) An Irish Setter.
(d) A Golden Retriever.
4. After meeting with Dickie Pope, Hank goes to see Bodie Pie. What is her position at the college?
(a) Head of Social Sciences.
(b) Head of the French Department.
(c) Head of Women's Studies.
(d) Head of Fine Arts.
5. After Hank meets with Dickie Pope, what colleague tells him that he will vote for having Hank recalled as chair of the department if Hank doesn't do as he wishes?
(a) Gerald DuBois.
(b) Roy Williams.
(c) Billy Quigley.
(d) Paul Rourke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said about Hank's childhood?
2. Why were William Henry Devereaux's colleagues at his new place of work confused about his inability to lecture?
3. What did his father notice about his lecture as he went out into the university hallway?
4. How does Hank compare the faculty cocktail party and the university classroom?
5. What did Hank's mother want him to do in exchange for allowing him to have a dog?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)