|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
(a) Peter Drucker.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
2. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His wife's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) The CEO's death.
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
4. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per month.
(b) $1,000 per year.
(c) $100 per month.
(d) $85 per month.
5. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(b) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(c) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(d) His mother's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
3. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
4. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
5. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
2. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
3. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
4. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
5. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
6. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
7. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
8. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
9. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
10. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)