|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) Refrigeration business.
(b) Cable business.
(c) TV manufacturing business.
(d) Semiconductor business.
2. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(a) Government work.
(c) Satisfied customers.
(d) Law enforcement.
3. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 28 years.
(c) 46 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's less violent than hockey.
(d) All the big shots play golf.
5. What does QMI stand for?
(a) Quick Market Intelligence.
(b) Quick Market Interference.
(c) Quick Market Insulators.
(d) Quick Meaningful Intercommunication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
2. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
3. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
4. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
5. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
2. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
3. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
4. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
5. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
6. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
7. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
8. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
9. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
10. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)