|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(d) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(c) A braggart.
3. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sweep sidewalks.
(b) Sing on the street corner.
(c) Mow lawns.
(d) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
4. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It almost falls through completely.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(d) It grows fast.
5. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
(b) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
(c) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
(d) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's vision for GE?
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
3. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
4. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
5. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
2. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
3. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
4. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
5. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
6. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
7. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
8. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
9. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
10. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)