|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(d) General Electric.
2. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Software investments.
(b) Hard-hat construction investments.
(c) Hardware investments.
(d) Soft value of excellence investments.
3. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) Harry Trumann.
(d) John Kennedy.
4. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's expenditures.
(b) The company's investments in internship programs.
(c) The person he is.
(d) The company's investments abroad.
5. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(c) USA Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
2. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
4. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
5. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
2. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
3. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
4. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
5. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
6. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
7. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
8. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
9. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
10. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)