|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He shows up for work drunk.
(b) He insults a club member.
(c) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
2. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They all quit.
(b) They appreciate it.
(c) They dread it.
(d) It is uncomfortable.
3. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
4. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(b) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
(c) They don't get excited about innovation.
(d) They demand higher pay.
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
2. Which company originally used QMI?
3. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
4. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
2. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
3. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
4. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
5. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
6. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
7. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
8. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
9. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
10. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)