|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) Spontaneity and creativity.
(b) More medical plastics to save lives.
(c) Money and more money.
(d) Success without failure.
2. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(d) Mail Room.
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Dennis and Bob.
(b) Art and Paul.
(c) Bill and Ted.
(d) Bud and Lou.
4. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) Delegated authority.
(b) Less work.
(c) A worry stone.
(d) More responsibilities.
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Reg Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
2. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
3. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
4. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
5. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
2. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
3. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
4. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
5. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
6. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
7. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
8. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
9. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
10. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)