|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Sun Records.
(b) NPR Radio.
(c) Fox News Network.
(d) Cox Communications.
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(c) A braggart.
4. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Cable television.
(b) HD TV requirements.
(c) Federal aid to companies.
(d) The Japanese threat.
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
2. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
3. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
4. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
5. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
2. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
3. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
4. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
5. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
6. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
7. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
8. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
9. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
10. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)