|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
(b) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(c) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
(d) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) They demand higher pay.
(b) They don't get excited about innovation.
(c) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(d) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
3. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
4. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) New eco-friendly ideas.
(c) New energy saving light bulbs.
(d) Mind- and market-expanding.
5. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
4. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
5. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
2. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
3. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
4. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
5. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
6. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
7. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
8. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
9. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
10. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)