|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(c) He gets furious and fires him.
(d) He is not sympathetic.
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(b) They don't get excited about innovation.
(c) They demand higher pay.
(d) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(a) Life of the party.
4. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
(a) Federal aid to companies.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The purchase of RCA.
(d) HD TV requirements.
5. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
3. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
4. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
5. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
2. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
3. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
4. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
5. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
6. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
7. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
8. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
9. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
10. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)