|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
(a) Dealing with human resources and internship programs.
(b) Dealing with sales reps and accounts payable.
(c) Dealing with the government and media.
(d) Dealing with employees and insurance companies.
2. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(b) Mail Room.
3. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(d) General Electric.
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
2. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
3. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
4. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
5. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
2. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
3. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
4. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
5. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
6. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
7. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
8. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
9. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
10. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)