|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) Mind- and market-expanding.
(c) New energy saving light bulbs.
(d) New eco-friendly ideas.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(a) A braggart.
3. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(b) He must learn all about the company.
(c) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(d) He must practice better hiring procedures.
4. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He insults a club member.
(b) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
5. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
(d) Bell Telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does QMI stand for?
2. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
3. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
2. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
3. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
4. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
5. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
6. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
7. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
8. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
9. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
10. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)