|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(b) Satisfied customers.
(c) Government work.
(d) Law enforcement.
2. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
(a) Thomson's losing medical business.
(b) A cable TV network.
(c) A satellite business.
(d) France's TV manufacturing market.
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(d) A braggart.
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(b) He can get an insurance kickback.
(c) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(d) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
3. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
4. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
5. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
2. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
3. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
4. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
5. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
6. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
7. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
8. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
9. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
10. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)