|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
2. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
(a) Neuron Jack.
(b) Jackie Neutron.
(c) Neutron Jack.
(d) Jimmy Neutron.
3. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The GE Vortex.
(d) The R&D Report.
5. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
4. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
5. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
2. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
3. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
4. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
5. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
6. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
7. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
8. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
9. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
10. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)