|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
(a) Federal aid to companies.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) HD TV requirements.
(d) The purchase of RCA.
2. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Jeff Immelt.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Roy Johnson.
3. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) Spontaneity and creativity.
(b) Success without failure.
(c) Money and more money.
(d) More medical plastics to save lives.
4. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
5. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
3. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
4. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
5. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
2. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
3. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
4. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
5. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
6. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
7. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
8. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
9. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
10. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)