|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His coach.
(d) His minister.
2. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
3. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
4. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Harry Trumann.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Ronald Regan.
5. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
(a) Be developing the Work-Out program.
(b) By closing the facility.
(c) By building another gym for employees to work out their aggressions.
(d) By sending training manuals to all employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
3. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
2. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
3. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
4. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
5. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
6. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
7. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
8. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
9. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
10. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)