|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(b) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(c) He can get an insurance kickback.
(d) His employees are obese and need a workout.
2. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) One-time bonus for all employees.
(b) Raises for all employees.
(c) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
(d) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
3. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
4. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
(a) By building another gym for employees to work out their aggressions.
(b) Be developing the Work-Out program.
(c) By sending training manuals to all employees.
(d) By closing the facility.
5. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
(a) Session C.
(b) Subgroup 2.
(c) Series 1.
(d) Section A.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
2. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
3. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
4. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
2. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
3. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
4. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
5. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
6. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
7. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
8. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
9. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
10. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)