Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
2. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(b) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(c) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(d) He can get an insurance kickback.
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They appreciate it.
(b) They dread it.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) They all quit.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) Six Sigma.
5. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per month.
(b) $85 per month.
(c) $1,000 per year.
(d) $100 per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
2. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
3. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
4. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
5. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
2. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
3. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
4. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
5. How does Jack improve his golf game?
6. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
7. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
8. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
9. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
10. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)