|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(c) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(d) His mother's health.
2. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
(a) A cool gym added to each factory.
(b) A pitch used by Jack at company softball games.
(c) An energy supplement Jack uses.
(d) An employee evaluation system.
3. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Soft value of excellence investments.
(b) Hardware investments.
(c) Hard-hat construction investments.
(d) Software investments.
4. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By watching them on TV.
(b) By reading comic books.
(c) By walking several miles to the closest library.
(d) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
5. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Wind turbines.
(b) Petroleum conservation.
(c) Medical plastics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
2. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
3. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
5. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
2. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
3. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
4. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
5. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
6. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
7. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
8. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
9. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
10. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)