|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Peter Drucker.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
2. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(a) Mail Room.
3. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
(a) By sending training manuals to all employees.
(b) By closing the facility.
(c) By building another gym for employees to work out their aggressions.
(d) Be developing the Work-Out program.
4. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It is derived by Jack himself.
(b) It is studied online.
(c) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(d) It is set by the Department of Education.
5. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(b) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(c) The other men in his office got more.
(d) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
3. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
4. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
2. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
3. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
4. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
5. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
6. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
7. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
8. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
9. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
10. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)