|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) It's too expensive to attend the training.
(b) Everyone cannot attend the training.
(c) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(d) The breakfasts are always the same.
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) GE Credit Corp.
(b) Store credit.
(c) In-house financing.
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(c) His keen leadership abilities.
(d) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The R&D Report.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The GE Vortex.
(d) Six Sigma.
5. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) Publicity Director.
(b) President and CEO.
(c) Human Resources Director.
(d) General Manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
2. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
3. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
5. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)