|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
(a) The American Anti-Trust Act.
(b) The Superfund Act.
(c) The European Commission.
(d) Congressional inquiries.
2. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) Cable business.
(b) Refrigeration business.
(c) TV manufacturing business.
(d) Semiconductor business.
3. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It is derived by Jack himself.
(b) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(c) It is studied online.
(d) It is set by the Department of Education.
4. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per month.
(b) $85 per month.
(c) $1,000 per year.
(d) $100 per month.
5. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
(a) He promotes GE as the employer of choice for women.
(b) He pays a senior female employee who speaks Japanese to be in an ad campaign.
(c) He appoints Anne Abaya to be head of the company's human resources in Japan.
(d) All the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
2. Which company originally used QMI?
3. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
5. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)