|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) His wife.
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bill and Ted.
(b) Dennis and Bob.
(c) Art and Paul.
(d) Bud and Lou.
3. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His coach.
(b) His minister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Jack Webber.
(b) Mike Carpenter.
(c) Jack Welch.
(d) Si Cathcart.
5. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
(a) 28 years.
(b) 46 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)