|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which network does Jack host his own show?
(b) Fox News.
2. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
(a) He appoints Anne Abaya to be head of the company's human resources in Japan.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) He pays a senior female employee who speaks Japanese to be in an ad campaign.
(d) He promotes GE as the employer of choice for women.
3. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(d) General Electric.
4. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
5. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(b) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(c) After GE buys CBS.
(d) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack defeat in a 36-hole golf match played in Nantucket?
2. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
3. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)