|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They dread it.
(b) They appreciate it.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) They all quit.
2. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
(c) Public relations.
3. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
(a) An energy supplement Jack uses.
(b) A cool gym added to each factory.
(c) A pitch used by Jack at company softball games.
(d) An employee evaluation system.
4. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
(a) Equal Opportunity Act.
(b) Easy Internet advertising.
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) His wife.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
2. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
3. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)