|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
(a) The spread of HDTV.
(b) The spread of satellite TV.
(c) The spread of reality show popularity.
(d) The spread of cable TV.
2. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
(a) Computer systems.
(b) Medical systems.
(c) Financial systems.
(d) Aircraft engine.
3. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
(a) They are valuable tools in assessing job performance.
(b) They have had the same typographical error for years.
(c) They are no more than routinely written forms of false kindness.
(d) They are used for firing people, never for promoting them.
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(b) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(c) Being able to relax.
(d) Building self-confidence in others.
5. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) NPR Radio.
(b) Cox Communications.
(c) Sun Records.
(d) Fox News Network.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
2. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
4. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
5. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)