|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(b) Credit and financial.
(d) Medical systems.
2. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
(a) Backstabbing for higher raises.
(b) Winners at all cost.
(c) Lack of confidence due to the scandal.
(d) Overvalued ideas about themselves.
3. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
(b) Public relations.
4. Where is Jack's successor introduced?
(a) At an economic briefing hosted by president-elect George W. Bush.
(b) In expensive primetime advertising on ABC.
(c) At the company picnic.
(d) In a highly televised press conference.
5. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by <i>Golf Digest</i>?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Scott McNealy.
(d) Jack Welch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
2. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
3. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
4. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
5. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)