|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(b) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(c) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(d) His mother's health.
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Roy Johnson.
3. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
(a) Equal Opportunity Act.
(d) Easy Internet advertising.
4. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
(a) HD TV requirements.
(b) Federal aid to companies.
(c) The purchase of RCA.
(d) The Japanese.
5. What kind of business is Pet Project?
(a) A guideline to determine how much plastic can safely be put into pet food.
(b) Obedience training for all domestic animals.
(c) Pet health and life insurance.
(d) A new plastic to make collapsible water dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
3. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
4. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
5. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)