|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
2. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
(a) France's TV manufacturing market.
(b) Thomson's losing medical business.
(c) A satellite business.
(d) A cable TV network.
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Internet, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(c) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(d) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(d) A braggart.
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coach.
(c) His minister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack plan to select a successor that the board will unite behind?
2. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
3. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
4. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
5. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)