|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
(a) Frasier, Friends, and ER.
(b) Roseanne, 20/20 and L.A. Law.
(c) Designing Women, 60 Minutes, and The Jeffersons.
(d) The Simpsons, Married with Children, and Get a Life.
2. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
(a) There are only 3 women holding key positions.
(b) There are already 14 women holding key positions.
(c) Japanese women don't want to work for GE.
(d) The women working there did not meet his standards.
3. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by Golf Digest?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Scott McNealy.
4. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
(a) Chase, Manhattan.
(b) Kidder, Peabody.
(c) Neiman, Marcus.
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
(a) Green Belts and above.
(b) The best of the Black Belts.
(c) All who complete training.
(d) All the Black Belts only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
2. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
3. Where is Jack's successor introduced?
4. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
5. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)