|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Mind- and market-expanding.
(b) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(c) New energy saving light bulbs.
(d) New eco-friendly ideas.
2. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
(a) The American Anti-Trust Act.
(b) The Superfund Act.
(c) Congressional inquiries.
(d) The European Commission.
3. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sing on the street corner.
(b) Mow lawns.
(c) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(d) Sweep sidewalks.
4. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
(c) Also strangles.
(d) Runs away.
5. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
(a) In 1999.
(b) In 2000.
(c) In 1998.
(d) In 1995.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
2. On which network does Jack host his own show?
3. What is the term Jack coins for the process of people sitting down together spontaneously to hash out a complex issue?
4. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
5. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)