|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(b) Being able to relax.
(c) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(d) Building self-confidence in others.
2. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
(a) Lack of confidence due to the scandal.
(b) Winners at all cost.
(c) Overvalued ideas about themselves.
(d) Backstabbing for higher raises.
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(d) A braggart.
4. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) New energy saving light bulbs.
(b) New eco-friendly ideas.
(c) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(d) Mind- and market-expanding.
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They dread it.
(b) They appreciate it.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) They all quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
2. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
3. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
4. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
5. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)