|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(b) The other men in his office got more.
(c) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(d) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
2. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
(a) Incredible creativity, science, and research.
(b) Incredible amounts of intensity, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
(c) Work-out sessions at the factories.
(d) Brainstorming sessions at Crotonville.
3. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(b) By treating individuals differently.
(c) By a good coach.
(d) By treating all employees the same.
4. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(b) General Electric.
5. Which company originally used QMI?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
2. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
3. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
4. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
5. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)