|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Soft value of excellence investments.
(b) Software investments.
(c) Hard-hat construction investments.
(d) Hardware investments.
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) His mother begs him not to move far away.
3. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Mow lawns.
(b) Sing on the street corner.
(c) Sweep sidewalks.
(d) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The Cleanup Fund Act.
(b) The PCB Act.
(c) The Superfund Act.
(d) The Super Clean Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
4. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
5. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)