|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Tiger Woods.
(b) Greg Norman.
(c) Matt Lauer.
(d) Bill Gates.
2. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) More medical plastics to save lives.
(b) Success without failure.
(c) Spontaneity and creativity.
(d) Money and more money.
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(b) Life of the party.
4. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Jay Leno.
(c) Grant Tinker.
(d) Tom Brokaw.
5. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The leader of the House of Representatives.
(c) The defense attorney.
(d) The prosecutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
2. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
3. How does Jack plan to select a successor that the board will unite behind?
4. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)