|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(b) What goes up, must come down.
(c) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(d) Finding a better way every day.
2. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Grant Tinker.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Jay Leno.
3. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Being able to relax.
(b) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(c) Building self-confidence in others.
(d) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Newspaper carrier.
(b) Theater janitor.
(c) Mail carrier.
(d) Shoe salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. By May 2001, which established TV show is Jack's competing with directly?
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
3. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
5. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)