|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
(a) Dealing with human resources and internship programs.
(b) Dealing with sales reps and accounts payable.
(c) Dealing with the government and media.
(d) Dealing with employees and insurance companies.
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(c) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(d) His keen leadership abilities.
3. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's investments in internship programs.
(b) The company's expenditures.
(c) The company's investments abroad.
(d) The person he is.
4. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Jeff Immelt.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Roy Johnson.
5. What is more important than strategy development?
(a) Knowing what stock holders want.
(b) Hiring employees that don't demand a lot of benefits.
(d) Getting the right people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
2. What most improves Jack's golf game?
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)