|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
2. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
(a) Work-out sessions at the factories.
(b) Incredible creativity, science, and research.
(c) Brainstorming sessions at Crotonville.
(d) Incredible amounts of intensity, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
4. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(b) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(c) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(d) Internet, TV, and billboards.
5. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It is derived by Jack himself.
(b) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(c) It is set by the Department of Education.
(d) It is studied online.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
2. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
3. What is more important than strategy development?
4. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
5. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)