|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(c) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(d) His keen leadership abilities.
2. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(d) USA Today.
3. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
4. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Hardware investments.
(b) Software investments.
(c) Soft value of excellence investments.
(d) Hard-hat construction investments.
5. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
(a) Who is being considered for promotion.
(b) That the company spends a lot on training.
(c) There is no single right way and often there is an alternate, better way.
(d) That the company invests a lot on training.
Short Answer Questions
1. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
3. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
5. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)