|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) No one else wanted the job.
(b) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(c) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(d) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
2. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(a) Chase, Manhattan.
(d) Kidder, Peabody.
3. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
(a) Brainstorming sessions at Crotonville.
(b) Incredible amounts of intensity, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
(c) Work-out sessions at the factories.
(d) Incredible creativity, science, and research.
4. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Burt Coplan.
(b) Lee Iacocca.
(c) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(d) Dr. Dan Fox.
5. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
2. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
3. Which company originally used QMI?
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
5. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)