|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(b) He can get an insurance kickback.
(c) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(d) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
2. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
(a) Brainstorming sessions at Crotonville.
(b) Work-out sessions at the factories.
(c) Incredible amounts of intensity, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
(d) Incredible creativity, science, and research.
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He gets furious and fires him.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(c) He is not sympathetic.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
4. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(d) Independence Day.
5. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
(a) 28 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 46 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
2. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
3. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
4. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
5. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)