|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
2. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Jay Leno.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Grant Tinker.
3. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
(a) He installs a computer virus company wide.
(b) He takes money from the corporate safe.
(c) He takes all the office supplies and leaves with them.
(d) He makes fictitious trades to inflate his own bonus.
4. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) A worry stone.
(b) Less work.
(c) Delegated authority.
(d) More responsibilities.
5. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
(a) Designing Women, 60 Minutes, and The Jeffersons.
(b) The Simpsons, Married with Children, and Get a Life.
(c) Frasier, Friends, and ER.
(d) Roseanne, 20/20 and L.A. Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
3. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
4. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
5. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)