|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(c) Boy Scouts of America.
(d) United Way.
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) His mother's health.
(b) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(c) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(d) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
3. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) If a business is profitable, don't get out or change it.
(b) If a business is profitable, sell while the stock shares are high.
(c) If a business is profitable, constantly find ways to make it more profitable.
(d) If a business is profitable, save money by laying off a few people.
4. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) The CEO's death.
5. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Peter Drucker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
2. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
4. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)