|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) If a business is profitable, save money by laying off a few people.
(b) If a business is profitable, sell while the stock shares are high.
(c) If a business is profitable, don't get out or change it.
(d) If a business is profitable, constantly find ways to make it more profitable.
3. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His mother.
(b) His minister.
(c) His coach.
(d) His father.
4. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(b) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
(c) The case is dismissed.
(d) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(b) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(c) Building self-confidence in others.
(d) Being able to relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
2. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
3. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
4. What does QMI stand for?
5. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)