|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business is Pet Project?
(a) A guideline to determine how much plastic can safely be put into pet food.
(b) Obedience training for all domestic animals.
(c) A new plastic to make collapsible water dishes.
(d) Pet health and life insurance.
2. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(b) Mail Room.
3. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
(a) By building another gym for employees to work out their aggressions.
(b) Be developing the Work-Out program.
(c) By closing the facility.
(d) By sending training manuals to all employees.
4. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The person he is.
(b) The company's investments abroad.
(c) The company's investments in internship programs.
(d) The company's expenditures.
5. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
2. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
4. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)