|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(b) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(c) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(d) He must learn all about the company.
2. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
(a) Price-fixing of diamonds.
(b) Price-fixing of stereos.
(c) Price-fixing of home surround sound systems.
(d) Price-fixing of TVs.
3. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
4. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Harry Trumann.
(d) Ronald Regan.
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
2. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
3. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
4. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
5. What is Jack's vision for GE?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)