|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(d) Reg Jones.
2. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Cable television.
(b) HD TV requirements.
(c) Federal aid to companies.
(d) The Japanese threat.
3. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
(b) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
(c) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
(d) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
4. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) His wife.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
5. On which network does Jack host his own show?
(a) Fox News.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
2. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
3. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
5. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)