|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Shoe salesman.
(b) Newspaper carrier.
(c) Mail carrier.
(d) Theater janitor.
3. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(b) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(c) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
(d) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
4. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 1990.
(b) By 2025.
(c) By 2000.
(d) By 1999.
5. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(b) A dictatorship.
(c) A business-type monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
2. By May 2001, which established TV show is Jack's competing with directly?
3. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
4. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
5. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)