|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Bill Druckerman.
(d) Paolo Fresco.
2. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Software investments.
(b) Hard-hat construction investments.
(c) Soft value of excellence investments.
(d) Hardware investments.
3. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Si Cathcart.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Jack Webber.
(d) Mike Carpenter.
4. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
(a) 46 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
(a) $6.3 million.
(b) $3.6 million.
(c) $6.3 billion.
(d) $3.6 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
2. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
3. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
4. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
5. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)