|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) More medical plastics to save lives.
(b) Success without failure.
(c) Spontaneity and creativity.
(d) Money and more money.
2. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
(b) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
(c) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
(d) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
3. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 85 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) The GE Vortex.
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
2. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)