|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
2. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It almost falls through completely.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(d) It grows fast.
3. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
(a) They are valuable tools in assessing job performance.
(b) They are no more than routinely written forms of false kindness.
(c) They are used for firing people, never for promoting them.
(d) They have had the same typographical error for years.
4. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
(a) Brainstorming sessions at Crotonville.
(b) Work-out sessions at the factories.
(c) Incredible creativity, science, and research.
(d) Incredible amounts of intensity, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
5. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(b) Boy Scouts of America.
(c) United Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
2. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
3. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)