|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
(a) There are only 3 women holding key positions.
(b) Japanese women don't want to work for GE.
(c) There are already 14 women holding key positions.
(d) The women working there did not meet his standards.
2. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
3. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
(a) Dealing with human resources and internship programs.
(b) Dealing with sales reps and accounts payable.
(c) Dealing with employees and insurance companies.
(d) Dealing with the government and media.
4. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) A governmental bribe.
(b) Smog cleanup.
(c) Landfill cleanup.
(d) River cleanup.
5. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
2. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
3. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
4. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
5. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)