|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
(b) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(c) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(d) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
3. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) TV manufacturing business.
(b) Refrigeration business.
(c) Cable business.
(d) Semiconductor business.
4. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After complaining.
(b) After demanding it.
(c) After six months.
(d) After one year.
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(c) His keen leadership abilities.
(d) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
2. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
3. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
4. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)