|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
(a) HD TV requirements.
(b) Federal aid to companies.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The purchase of RCA.
2. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Hard-hat construction investments.
(b) Software investments.
(c) Hardware investments.
(d) Soft value of excellence investments.
3. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(b) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(c) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
(d) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
4. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Jack Webber.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Si Cathcart.
(d) Mike Carpenter.
5. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 85 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who transforms GE Capital from a purely financial business into a thriving business that uses deal-making for operational skills?
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
4. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)