|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
2. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
3. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Jack Welch.
(b) Mike Carpenter.
(c) Si Cathcart.
(d) Jack Webber.
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(d) Life of the party.
5. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
(b) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(c) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
(d) The case is dismissed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
2. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
3. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
4. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
5. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)