|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 1999.
(b) By 2025.
(c) By 2000.
(d) By 1990.
2. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
(a) Price-fixing of TVs.
(b) Price-fixing of home surround sound systems.
(c) Price-fixing of diamonds.
(d) Price-fixing of stereos.
3. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
(a) The 6-degrees of separation.
(b) The 360-degree evaluation.
(c) The 90-degree evaluation.
(d) The 180-degree evaluation.
4. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
5. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(b) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(c) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
(d) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
Short Answer Questions
1. By May 2001, which established TV show is Jack's competing with directly?
2. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
3. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
4. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
5. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)