|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
(a) Hires from an ivy-league school always perform better.
(b) Employees without degrees will never work out for long periods of time.
(c) It doesn't matter where they're from, it's what they look like that matters.
(d) Where they come from is not indicative of how they will perform.
2. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
(a) Work-from-home companies.
(b) Grant-funded companies.
(c) Women-owned companies.
(d) High-tech companies.
3. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) Ronald Regan.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Harry Trumann.
4. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By a good coach.
(b) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(c) By treating all employees the same.
(d) By treating individuals differently.
5. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(b) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
2. Who transforms GE Capital from a purely financial business into a thriving business that uses deal-making for operational skills?
3. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
4. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
5. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)