|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Too Full of Myself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(b) Kidder, Peabody.
(c) Chase, Manhattan.
2. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) It's too expensive to attend the training.
(b) Everyone cannot attend the training.
(c) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(d) The breakfasts are always the same.
3. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) General Manager.
(b) Human Resources Director.
(c) Publicity Director.
(d) President and CEO.
4. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(a) Government work.
(c) Satisfied customers.
(d) Law enforcement.
5. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
2. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
3. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
4. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
5. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)