|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Too Full of Myself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hold them and when to fold them.
(b) To hug and when to kick.
(c) To quit and when to fire.
(d) To walk away and know when to run.
2. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Jack Webber.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Mike Carpenter.
(d) Si Cathcart.
3. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
(a) He takes all the office supplies and leaves with them.
(b) He takes money from the corporate safe.
(c) He installs a computer virus company wide.
(d) He makes fictitious trades to inflate his own bonus.
4. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) In-house financing.
(b) GE Credit Corp.
(d) Store credit.
5. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Lots of factory jobs.
(b) Lots of health care expenses.
(c) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(d) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
2. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
4. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
5. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)