|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Too Full of Myself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bill and Ted.
(b) Art and Paul.
(c) Dennis and Bob.
(d) Bud and Lou.
2. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Hard-hat construction investments.
(b) Soft value of excellence investments.
(c) Hardware investments.
(d) Software investments.
3. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
(a) Work-from-home companies.
(b) High-tech companies.
(c) Women-owned companies.
(d) Grant-funded companies.
4. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
(a) All employees having the freedom to brainstorm.
(b) All managers getting more training.
(c) All employees going to the training facility.
(d) More upper level management meetings at the training facility.
5. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It is set by the Department of Education.
(b) It is derived by Jack himself.
(c) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(d) It is studied online.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
2. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)