|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Too Full of Myself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) The GE Vortex.
2. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Reg Jones.
3. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
(a) All employees going to the training facility.
(b) All employees having the freedom to brainstorm.
(c) More upper level management meetings at the training facility.
(d) All managers getting more training.
4. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(b) In-house financing.
(c) Store credit.
(d) GE Credit Corp.
5. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Mike Carpenter.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Jack Webber.
(d) Si Cathcart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
2. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
3. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
4. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
5. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)