|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Too Full of Myself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(b) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(c) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(d) He can get an insurance kickback.
2. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
(a) That the company invests a lot on training.
(b) There is no single right way and often there is an alternate, better way.
(c) That the company spends a lot on training.
(d) Who is being considered for promotion.
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The R&D Report.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) The GE Vortex.
4. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
(b) Chase, Manhattan.
(c) Kidder, Peabody.
(d) Neiman, Marcus.
5. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(b) Kidder, Peabody.
(c) Chase, Manhattan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
3. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
4. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
5. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)