Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Too Full of Myself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
(a) That the company spends a lot on training.
(b) Who is being considered for promotion.
(c) There is no single right way and often there is an alternate, better way.
(d) That the company invests a lot on training.
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Fox News Network.
(b) NPR Radio.
(c) Cox Communications.
(d) Sun Records.
3. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
(a) High-tech companies.
(b) Grant-funded companies.
(c) Women-owned companies.
(d) Work-from-home companies.
4. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) He can get an insurance kickback.
(b) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(c) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(d) His employees are obese and need a workout.
5. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Lots of factory jobs.
(b) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(c) Lots of health care expenses.
(d) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
2. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
4. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
5. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)