|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the von Trapps' all-female concert in Bethlehem, PA, turn out?
(a) It is cut short because of a utility workers' strike.
(b) It leads to a new contract and new manager.
(c) It is one of their most outstanding and memorable concerts.
(d) Reasonably well despite two of the singers forgetting some of the words.
2. What does the ten-day music camp try to do for its campers?
(a) Train future professional musicians.
(b) Create well-rounded, artistic individuals.
(c) Acquaint guests with as much musical literature as possible.
(d) Show that music is fun, not boring.
3. What group has to give the von Trapp family permission before they can receive any building supplies for their home or their camp?
(a) The War Construction Panel.
(b) The War Remodeling Panel.
(c) The War Housing Board.
(d) The War Production Board.
4. The von Trapps convert a former chicken coop into a:
(a) Summer cottage.
(b) Storage room.
5. When the Trapps are asked what they think of popular music, what does Father Wasner reply?
(a) Popular music is in poor taste.
(b) Only classical music is worth learning.
(c) Popular music comes and goes.
(d) Real popular music is music that lasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately becomes of the von Trapps' former Austrian home?
2. How many concerts is the von Trapp family scheduled to give during their third American tour?
3. What does the family discover living under their sink in their Vermont home?
4. Who dies in the middle of the von Trapps' Vermont remodeling project?
5. What does Maria find when she opens a copy of Life Magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the von Trapp family combine their concerts with their charity work?
2. As the family travels across the United States on their concert tours, what do they appreciate about the scenery? What do they dislike about the landscape?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Maria say about going to auctions?
4. What monumental event happens during the von Trapps' summer camp season of 1945?
5. When the family first visits Vermont, what is it about the state that they like?
6. After the Trapp family settles into their Vermont home, what do they learn about maple syrup?
7. When Mr. Schang reconsiders and agrees to take on the Trapp family if they supply $5,000 for publicity, how does the family acquire this money?
8. What is Maria surprised to find when she opens a copy of Life Magazine after the von Trapps have been in Vermont a while?
9. After the family auditions for manager F.C. Schang and he decides that he won't represent them, what reasons does he give Maria?
10. In the last chapter, what does Maria attribute to her full recovery?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)