|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing Maria's baby clothes, what does Mrs. Drinker do?
(a) Gives her money to buy modern baby outfits.
(b) Takes Maria shopping for practical baby clothes.
(c) Lends Maria some of her baby's clothes.
(d) Hosts a baby shower for Maria.
2. What happens after the von Trapps' visitor visas expire?
(a) They are arrested and forcibly departed.
(b) They are given a two-month extension.
(c) Their visa extension request is rejected.
(d) Their application is automatically resubmitted.
3. When the von Trapps go on a camping trip with Uncle Peter and his family, how many pieces of luggage does Peter bring?
4. When the Captain returns to the villa unexpectedly from a trip and finds his family sitting on the floor singing, what does he do?
(a) Scolds the children.
(b) Laughs uncontrollably.
(c) Yells at Maria.
(d) Sits with them.
5. Why does Father Wasner become a regular at the von Trapp villa?
(a) He is invited to teach the children theology.
(b) He entertains the family with amusing stories.
(c) He has nowhere else to go.
(d) He realizes the family is serious about singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maria feel it's all right for the family to sing on radio?
2. How does Georg feel about his family performing at a diplomatic reception for dignitaries?
3. When a Nazi official comes to the von Trapp household, what does he tell Georg to do?
4. When she first learns English, Maria spells words as she would in Austrian. For example, she spells "watch" as:
5. How long is the von Trapps' sea voyage on their way to America after their escape from Austria?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the von Trapp family vacations with Georg's distant cousin Peter, what do they find odd about him?
2. How often does the Trapp family sing at their villa?
3. Describe the conversation between Maria and Princess Yvonne in Maria's room at the villa.
4. How does the family help take care of the new baby after Johannes is born?
5. When Little Maria tells Maria that she misses piano lessons, what does the governess do?
6. On the ship bound for America, how does Maria learn English?
7. Why does Maria feel uncomfortable when she first arrives at the Trapp Villa?
8. After the von Trapp family gets used to the routine of giving concerts, there is still one aspect of performing they dislike. What is it?
9. When the mother of a famous harpsichordist advises the family that they need to get themselves a publicist, what do the von Trapps do?
10. World War II breaks out on September, 1939, while the family is doing a tour in Europe. Where do they end up after the war starts?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)