|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first performance of their third American tour, what does the manager tell the von Trapps?
(a) They're doing a fantastic job.
(b) They need more cheerful songs.
(c) They need to project more be heard well in the back.
(d) They are lacking something.
2. Who signs up for the Army?
(a) Mr. Schang, the family's manager.
(b) Father Wasner, the family's choir director.
(c) Mr. Warner, the family's former manager.
(d) Mr. Drinker, the family's close friend.
3. On their Vermont property, the von Trapps:
(a) Build a summer playground for visiting families.
(b) Start a mushroom farm.
(c) Set up a cottage where they sell handmade crafts.
(d) Learn how to harvest sap and make maple syrup.
4. Even though the von Trapps' Austrian house is returned to them after the war, why can't they live there?
(a) It had been used by the Nazis for awful purposes.
(b) They are forbidden from stepping foot in Austria.
(c) Another family claimed it.
(d) Most of it was burned down.
5. When Georg and Maria consider buying a house in Vermont that's in poor condition, what does Maria point out?
(a) A rundown house in the country is better than a nice house in the city.
(b) They can always build a better house, but they can never find another view like this.
(c) They have enough money saved up to build a new house before moving in.
(d) In a few years, the property value will go up and they can sell it, making a profit.
6. After Mr. Schang agrees to manage the family, he has their name changed from Trapp Family Choir to what?
(a) The Trapp Austrian Sensation.
(b) The Trapp Family Sensation.
(c) The Trapp Family Singers.
(d) The Trapp Austrian Singers.
7. What does the family discover living under their sink in their Vermont home?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A cat.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A bird.
8. The von Trapps convert a former chicken coop into a:
(c) Summer cottage.
(d) Storage room.
9. Why can't Maria attend Rupert's wedding?
(a) She is sick with grief.
(b) She is giving a concert.
(c) She is bedridden.
(d) She is not invited.
10. How many concerts is the von Trapp family scheduled to give during their third American tour?
11. What does the family name their Vermont home?
(a) Cor Unum.
(b) Heavenly Lobby.
(c) E Pluribus Unum.
(d) Musical Tavern.
12. What happens when Maria swallows a fly in mid-performance?
(a) She continues singing as if nothing happened.
(b) She excuses herself and has a coughing fit backstage.
(c) She chokes on the fly and nearly passes out.
(d) She tells the audience, and they laugh good-naturedly.
13. In America, who teaches Maria's little girls to play musical instruments?
(a) A former member of the Boston Symphony.
(b) An Austrian refugee who lives nearby.
(c) A piano teacher who was once homeless.
(d) An accomplished jazz artist.
14. After receiving an urgent letter in 1947, what organization does the von Trapp family form?
(a) Friends of Austrian Displaced Peoples.
(b) Trapp Family Austrian Relief.
(c) Trapp Austrian-American Freedom Fighters.
(d) Trapp Singers Ambassadors To Austria.
15. With Georg's condition deteriorating rapidly, what does Father Wasner bring in?
(a) The book of Prayers for the Dying.
(b) The book of Compassion for the Last Days.
(c) Holy water and a rosary.
(d) A 400-year-old Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Schang reconsiders and agrees to represent the von Trapp family on what condition?
2. Among the items the von Trapps sell to raise money are:
3. Maria is displeased that the Trapp family is registered as:
4. The doctor who's been treating Georg tells Maria that he has:
5. What does Maria say she becomes addicted to?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)