|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XX, The Memorable Year.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Father Wasner?
(a) The priest who marries Georg and Maria.
(b) A professor of theology who gives mass at their local church.
(c) A young priest who helps the family advance musically.
(d) A close family relative who counsels them on spiritual matters.
2. After he dies, where is Georg buried?
(a) Next to his first wife in Salzburg, Austria.
(b) On the grounds of the von Trapps' Vermont property.
(c) In the town's cemetery next to the church.
(d) In an unmarked grave atop a hill.
3. After the Ellis Island incident, what does the family's manager do for the sake of his finances?
(a) Takes a bigger cut of their earnings.
(b) Charges more for admission.
(c) Refuses to pay for any publicity whatsoever for their concerts.
(d) Books more concerts to bring in more money.
4. The doctor who's been treating Georg tells Maria that he has:
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) An inoperable lung tumor.
(c) Cancer in his knee.
(d) A heart murmur.
5. While her family goes sightseeing in New York, Maria stays in the hotel to:
(a) Learn English.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Practice songs.
(d) Knit baby clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends a lot of time helping Maria take care of baby Johannes?
2. What happens to concerts in Europe when war breaks out?
3. Who is the von Trapp children's Uncle Peter?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 13, Maria notes that she and the family are no longer a hundred percent European, but not what?
5. What does the family find amusing about Uncle Peter?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)