|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XX, The Memorable Year.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing Georg, Maria states that "hundreds of people around you cannot" do what?
(a) Console you for the loss of the one.
(b) Mend your broken heart.
(c) Bring the one you love back to you.
(d) Cheer you after an enormous loss.
2. Before Maria arrives to teach at the von Trapp Villa, how many other teachers and governesses have come and gone?
3. When the family arrives in New York City, they are taken to which hotel?
4. After the Trapp family gives a benefit concert to raise money for a school with a leaky roof, how does the school express gratitude?
(a) Naming a school wing after the von Trapps.
(b) Offering the family free tutoring services.
(c) Sending over carpentry students to help with construction.
(d) Bringing the family home-cooked meals.
5. When Maria returns to Salzburg after her kidney stone surgery, what does the family receive?
(a) A special delivery of chocolate truffles.
(b) A surprise visitor.
(c) An angry letter from a neighbor.
(d) A long distance phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria says that after short weeks of practice:
2. Who dies in the middle of the von Trapps' Vermont remodeling project?
3. After Mr. Schang agrees to manage the family, he has their name changed from Trapp Family Choir to what?
4. Where does the family sing in the mornings at their villa?
5. After nine days of taking recorder lessons, what do campers at the von Trapp music camp do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)