|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XX, The Memorable Year.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Father Wasner?
(a) A professor of theology who gives mass at their local church.
(b) A close family relative who counsels them on spiritual matters.
(c) A young priest who helps the family advance musically.
(d) The priest who marries Georg and Maria.
2. After marrying the Captain, what becomes part of Maria's family routine?
(a) Doing morning exercises in the parlor.
(b) Working in the family's nextdoor farm.
(c) Going to dances on Saturday evenings.
(d) Gathering around the fireplace after supper.
3. What does Georg develop that prompts Maria to urge him to see a specialist in New York?
(a) A terrible cough.
(b) A nervous twitch.
(c) A limp.
(d) A large bump on his knee.
4. When Maria first arrives at the villa, how do six of the children -- Agathe, Hedwig, Martina, Johanna, Rupert, and Werner -- greet her?
(a) They greet her in the villa's courtyard with a "Welcome Maria" banner that they made.
(b) Each greets her politely but coldly before returning to his or her room to study.
(c) Summoned by their father's whistle, the children come downstairs in matching sailor suits.
(d) They rush outside and nearly tackle her to the ground as they all embrace her.
5. How many concerts is the von Trapp family scheduled to give during their third American tour?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria gets permission from the Archbishop to do what at their villa?
2. The doctor who's been treating Georg tells Maria that he has:
3. After their first performance of their third American tour, what does the manager tell the von Trapps?
4. At first, how does Georg feel about his children and wife performing on stage?
5. Where are the von Trapps when war breaks out in 1939?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)