|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XV, Concerts in Wartime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Schang agrees to manage the family, he has their name changed from Trapp Family Choir to what?
(a) The Trapp Family Singers.
(b) The Trapp Austrian Singers.
(c) The Trapp Family Sensation.
(d) The Trapp Austrian Sensation.
2. When the Captain first asks Maria how she likes his children, she replies that:
(a) They look starved for attention.
(b) Like all children, they are precious and cute.
(c) They have beautiful eyes but look pale and serious.
(d) Time will tell whether or not they'll get along.
3. Mr. Schang reconsiders and agrees to represent the von Trapp family on what condition?
(a) They pay $5,000 for publicity.
(b) They wear shiny clothes, high heels, and lots of makeup.
(c) They sing exclusively in English.
(d) They spend three days a week talking to reporters.
4. As Maria adjusts to life at the villa, what becomes her morning routine?
(a) She wakes the children up, serves them breakfast, and sends the older ones to school before teaching the younger ones who stay home.
(b) She washes clothes before breakfast, then wakes the children and prepares a large breakfast for the family.
(c) She sits in the garden for prayer and meditation, and then has a simple breakfast by herself before starting a full day of teaching the children.
(d) She teaches the older children Biblical lessons and religious songs before sending them off to school and spending an hour in prayer and meditation.
5. What specific talent does Maria claim Mr. Schang has?
(a) He is good at pairing up the von Trapps with other talent for a spectacular show.
(b) He knows how to provide exceptional publicity to bring in large audiences.
(c) He knows how to say the right thing at the right time to charm people.
(d) He pinpoints exactly what's missing from their program and explains it clearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Nazi party replaces teachers at the children's school, students are taught that:
2. Who signs up for the Army?
3. To earn a living after Georg loses most of his savings, what does the family do?
4. When Maria meets the Captain, who is he about to become engaged to?
5. Maria explains that in Europe, if one is washing dishes when a guest arrives unexpectedly, one:
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)