|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XV, Concerts in Wartime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the presents at Christmas in Austria?
(a) The family's guardian angels.
(b) Santa Claus with angels.
(c) Saint Nikolaus with angels.
(d) Jesus with angels.
2. When they travel by rail, sometimes the von Trapps end up in separate cars and worry about:
(a) One of the children being kidnapped.
(b) Someone losing a ticket.
(c) Someone falling off the train.
(d) Whether or not everyone will get off at the right stop.
3. When the family loses their fortune in Austria, Maria says that she and the children are:
(a) Not suffering over the loss.
(b) Planning bake sales to earn money.
(c) Worried sick about their future.
(d) Eating less to make ends meet.
4. When the family arrives in New York City, they are taken to which hotel?
5. How is Maria's third child delivered?
(a) At the hospital with a midwife and a young nurse.
(b) At home with a midwife.
(c) At the hospital with a team of doctors.
(d) At home with a young doctor and a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "American Farmer?"
2. After the Salzburg music festivals are over, the children notice that Maria is no longer joining them in volleyball. What reason does she give for not participating in their games?
3. During the summer music festivals in Salzburg, the von Trapp family:
4. When the family explores Vermont with real estate agents, what problem do they run into?
5. What does Maria say she becomes addicted to?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)