|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XV, Concerts in Wartime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Captain first asks Maria how she likes his children, she replies that:
(a) They have beautiful eyes but look pale and serious.
(b) They look starved for attention.
(c) Like all children, they are precious and cute.
(d) Time will tell whether or not they'll get along.
2. After leaving the U.S. when their visas are not extended, where do the von Trapps tour next?
3. After the Ellis Island incident, what does the family's manager do for the sake of his finances?
(a) Charges more for admission.
(b) Refuses to pay for any publicity whatsoever for their concerts.
(c) Takes a bigger cut of their earnings.
(d) Books more concerts to bring in more money.
4. Once the von Trapp family is released from Ellis Island, they resume giving concerts. What does Maria note about attendance?
(a) Seats are empty because nobody can afford to attend.
(b) Seats are full because audiences are looking for light entertainment.
(c) Seats are empty because people are out enjoying autumn.
(d) Seats are full because the family received great publicity.
5. The family's first concert in the United States is where?
(a) Rochester, New York.
(b) Easton, Pennsylvania.
(c) Hershey, Pennsylvania.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the family explores Vermont with real estate agents, what problem do they run into?
2. Mr. Schang reconsiders and agrees to represent the von Trapp family on what condition?
3. After the family performs the masterpiece by Palestrina, Maria says the few who attend are:
4. What happens when Maria swallows a fly in mid-performance?
5. In addition to the Captain and his children, who else lives at the villa when Maria arrives?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)