|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XV, Concerts in Wartime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treasured baby clothes does Maria show Mrs. Drinker?
(a) Knit booties and crocheted hats.
(b) Embroidered shirts and fancy gowns.
(c) Baby bonnets.
(d) Cashmere sweaters.
2. When Maria suggests the children wear play-suits, what does the Baroness say?
(a) The Captain wants his children to be dressed neatly.
(b) Play-suits are for peasants, not upper-class children.
(c) The children should be studying, not playing.
(d) The Captain has already ordered play-suits for all the children.
3. After the family sings at the Salzburg Festivals, which is the dream of every musician, what happens?
(a) They are hired to sing Sundays at the Salzburg Cathedral.
(b) The eldest girls receive numerous marriage proposals.
(c) They receive the coveted Vienna Music Award.
(d) They are offered contracts from managers from all over Europe.
4. Why does the Captain tell the Princess he cannot marry her?
(a) He loves someone else.
(b) He already proposed to Maria.
(c) He saw her with another man.
(d) She's mean to his children.
5. When first visiting Vermont, what does the family like about the state?
(a) The hard-working people and the thriving maple syrup industry.
(b) Its unique state government.
(c) The huge number of Austrians they find in Vermont.
(d) Its natural beauty, including swimming holes, woods, and pastures.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the family performs the masterpiece by Palestrina, Maria says the few who attend are:
2. Once the von Trapp family is released from Ellis Island, they resume giving concerts. What does Maria note about attendance?
3. When a Nazi official comes to the von Trapp household, what does he tell Georg to do?
4. What masterpiece by Palestrina does Maria say the family learns well?
5. While Maria is recovering from kidney stone surgery, she mischievously tricks a nurse, Sister Agrosia, into believing what?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)