|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XI, Stowe in Vermont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Quakers from the Society of Friends give the Trapp family to help them out?
(a) Books, school supplies, and linens.
(b) Furniture, curtains, and towels.
(c) Silverware, blankets, and beds.
(d) Clothing, food, and soap.
2. After the Nazis start taking control of Austria under the pretense of being liberators, Maria:
(a) Hides the family's most treasured possessions.
(b) Pretends to be sympathetic to the Nazi party.
(c) Trembles whenever the doorbell rings.
(d) Teaches the children to speak in a special code.
3. During a performance, the von Trapp family discovers what's been missing from their performances. What is this missing ingredient?
(a) More time onstage for the youngest singers of the family.
(b) An intermission.
(c) A larger role for Georg to play in each performance.
(d) A warm, humorous rapport with their audiences.
4. When the Nazi party replaces teachers at the children's school, students are taught that:
(a) The previous teachers were traitors.
(b) They must teach their parents what they learn in school.
(c) Parents are too old-fashioned to understand the party.
(d) The new teachers are smarter and more compassionate than the previous ones.
5. In 1938, after the Chancellor resigns, what does the von Trapps' butler inform them?
(a) He's a member of the Nazi party.
(b) He is quitting.
(c) He is related to the Chancellor.
(d) He was born in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain tell the Princess he cannot marry her?
2. Why does Father Wasner become a regular at the von Trapp villa?
3. When Maria becomes pregnant again and doctors want her to end the pregnancy because of her weak kidneys, what does Maria do?
4. In addition to the Captain and his children, who else lives at the villa when Maria arrives?
5. How many concerts is the von Trapp family scheduled to give during their third American tour?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)