|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter IV, Barbara.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1938, after the Chancellor resigns, what does the von Trapps' butler inform them?
(a) He's a member of the Nazi party.
(b) He is related to the Chancellor.
(c) He is quitting.
(d) He was born in Germany.
2. In addition to the Captain and his children, who else lives at the villa when Maria arrives?
(a) Cooks, maids, gardeners, auto mechanics, artists, and a groundskeeper.
(b) The butler, baroness, cook, gardener, farm keeper, and various maids.
(c) The Princess, butler, cook, maids, and family priest.
(d) The Princess, baroness, music teacher, butler, and maids.
3. When Maria gives birth to her first child, Rosemarie, this is Georg's:
(a) Twelfth child.
(b) Seventh child.
(c) Tenth child.
(d) Eighth child.
4. When Mr. Wagner, the family's manager, finds out Maria is pregnant, he:
(a) Offers them a raise.
(b) Sends her flowers.
(c) Congratulates the family.
(d) Cancels the rest of the tour.
5. What does Maria think of the villa's garden?
(a) She is humbled by its simplicity and modest size, calling it a peaceful retreat.
(b) She's impressed by its size and beauty, calling it a paradise for children.
(c) She would like to see the groundskeeper do a better job with the roses.
(d) She feels it is too showy and pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria's second baby is named:
2. How long is the von Trapps' sea voyage on their way to America after their escape from Austria?
3. When the family is invited to perform at a diplomatic reception for dignitaries in Austria, what do they decide?
4. Mrs. Drinker tells Maria she needs to deliver her baby at a hospital. What does Maria say?
5. What does the family find amusing about Uncle Peter?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)