|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter II, The First Ten Years Are the Hardest.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Maria as their new mother, what do the von Trapp children learn every night?
(a) An Austrian fairytale.
(b) Another prayer.
(c) A new recipe.
(d) A new song.
2. Maria's second baby is named:
3. When she first learns English, Maria spells words as she would in Austrian. For example, she spells "watch" as:
4. What uniquely American things is the family introduced to on the ship bound for the United States?
(a) Popcorn, gum, and chocolate bars.
(b) Baseball and football.
(c) Hot dogs and hamburgers.
(d) Slang, sodas, and coin denominations.
5. After the Nazis start taking control of Austria under the pretense of being liberators, Maria:
(a) Trembles whenever the doorbell rings.
(b) Teaches the children to speak in a special code.
(c) Hides the family's most treasured possessions.
(d) Pretends to be sympathetic to the Nazi party.
Short Answer Questions
1. To earn a living after Georg loses most of his savings, what does the family do?
2. In 1938, after the Chancellor resigns, what does the von Trapps' butler inform them?
3. When the Captain first asks Maria how she likes his children, she replies that:
4. When the Captain returns to the villa unexpectedly from a trip and finds his family sitting on the floor singing, what does he do?
5. When Maria first arrives at the villa, how do six of the children -- Agathe, Hedwig, Martina, Johanna, Rupert, and Werner -- greet her?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)