|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter IX, An Operation, a Turtle, and a Long Distance Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Maria is recovering from kidney stone surgery, she mischievously tricks a nurse, Sister Agrosia, into believing what?
(a) The puppy's name is Georg.
(b) The baby chicks think Maria is their mother.
(c) The kitten is a baby mountain lion from the wild.
(d) The turtle might eat newborns' toes.
2. During the summer music festivals in Salzburg, the von Trapp family:
(a) Takes out-of-town guests sightseeing.
(b) Leaves the city because it gets too crowded.
(c) Sells homemade pastries to raise funds for the nunnery.
(d) Recites poetry to visiting dignitaries.
3. When Maria gives birth to her first child, Rosemarie, this is Georg's:
(a) Seventh child.
(b) Tenth child.
(c) Eighth child.
(d) Twelfth child.
4. As their first Christmas with Maria approaches, what do the children do while they sing?
(a) Bake strudels and cookies.
(b) Decorate the house.
(c) Make crafts for gifts.
(d) Adorn their twenty-five Christmas trees.
5. When Maria returns to Salzburg after her kidney stone surgery, what does the family receive?
(a) An angry letter from a neighbor.
(b) A surprise visitor.
(c) A long distance phone call.
(d) A special delivery of chocolate truffles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georg give Maria to accompany her when she's recovering from kidney stone surgery?
2. In addition to the Captain and his children, who else lives at the villa when Maria arrives?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what information does Georg receive regarding his bank?
4. As Maria adjusts to life at the villa, what becomes her morning routine?
5. Before Maria arrives to teach at the von Trapp Villa, how many other teachers and governesses have come and gone?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)