|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter IX, An Operation, a Turtle, and a Long Distance Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Captain's first wife?
(a) She died of scarlet fever.
(b) She left the Captain for another man.
(c) She was lost at sea.
(d) She disappeared mysteriously.
2. When the von Trapps go on a camping trip with Uncle Peter and his family, how many pieces of luggage does Peter bring?
3. What does the family find amusing about Uncle Peter?
(a) He wears a different style of shoe on each foot.
(b) He's afraid of holding babies, thinking they're too delicate.
(c) He does nothing without consulting a manual first.
(d) He's an inventor, but very few of his inventions work.
4. When Maria meets the Captain, who is he about to become engaged to?
(a) Baroness Matilde.
(b) Claire Franz.
(c) Princess Yvonne.
(d) Yolanda Ives.
5. When Hedwig expresses great joy over her new ski pants, what does the Princess say?
(a) Ski pants make her look portly.
(b) Skiing is too dangerous for girls.
(c) The pants are hideous.
(d) Decent girls don't wear pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the presents at Christmas in Austria?
2. In addition to celebrating birthdays in their Austrian villa, what does the family celebrate?
3. In addition to the Captain and his children, who else lives at the villa when Maria arrives?
4. Maria's second baby is named:
5. When the Captain first asks Maria how she likes his children, she replies that:
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)