|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XVI, Trapp Family Music Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a performance, the von Trapp family discovers what's been missing from their performances. What is this missing ingredient?
(a) A larger role for Georg to play in each performance.
(b) An intermission.
(c) More time onstage for the youngest singers of the family.
(d) A warm, humorous rapport with their audiences.
2. Who brings the presents at Christmas in Austria?
(a) Jesus with angels.
(b) Santa Claus with angels.
(c) The family's guardian angels.
(d) Saint Nikolaus with angels.
3. When Maria becomes pregnant again and doctors want her to end the pregnancy because of her weak kidneys, what does Maria do?
(a) Goes on a strict diet.
(b) Takes strengthening herbs.
(c) Ends the pregnancy.
(d) Goes on fulltime bedrest.
4. The family's first concert in the United States is where?
(a) Hershey, Pennsylvania.
(b) Rochester, New York.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Easton, Pennsylvania.
5. What happens when Maria swallows a fly in mid-performance?
(a) She tells the audience, and they laugh good-naturedly.
(b) She chokes on the fly and nearly passes out.
(c) She excuses herself and has a coughing fit backstage.
(d) She continues singing as if nothing happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the von Trapps' first singing concert?
2. What is the "American Farmer?"
3. When the Nazi party replaces teachers at the children's school, students are taught that:
4. During the summer music festivals in Salzburg, the von Trapp family:
5. While Maria is recovering from kidney stone surgery, she mischievously tricks a nurse, Sister Agrosia, into believing what?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)