|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XVI, Trapp Family Music Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Maria gives birth to her second child, she needs surgery for kidney stones. How many stones are removed?
2. When she first learns English, Maria spells words as she would in Austrian. For example, she spells "watch" as:
3. When Maria asks Mr. Schang why he won't represent the family, what does he say?
(a) Their songs are too long, and they are too serious when performing.
(b) He's heard negative things about them from Mr. Wagner.
(c) He finds it too difficult to work with Maria and Georg.
(d) They are boring and lack talent.
4. After Maria insists on another audition with Columbia Concerts, what happens?
(a) The executives walk out before the family finishes.
(b) The family is escorted out and told to never return.
(c) The executives are more impressed the second time around.
(d) The family is invited to yet another audition.
5. During the summer music festivals in Salzburg, the von Trapp family:
(a) Takes out-of-town guests sightseeing.
(b) Recites poetry to visiting dignitaries.
(c) Leaves the city because it gets too crowded.
(d) Sells homemade pastries to raise funds for the nunnery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maria becomes pregnant again and doctors want her to end the pregnancy because of her weak kidneys, what does Maria do?
2. At the launch of their third American tour, what advice does the family receive from their manager?
3. After Mr. Schang agrees to manage the family, he has their name changed from Trapp Family Choir to what?
4. When first visiting Vermont, what does the family like about the state?
5. After their first performance of their third American tour, what does the manager tell the von Trapps?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)