|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter XIII, And the Lord Said to Abram . . ..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Salzburg music festivals are over, the children notice that Maria is no longer joining them in volleyball. What reason does she give for not participating in their games?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) She's sick.
(c) She has arthritis.
(d) She's getting too old to play.
2. Where does the family sing in the mornings at their villa?
(a) In the courtyard.
(b) In their chapel.
(c) On the roof.
(d) Around the fireplace.
3. Who brings the presents at Christmas in Austria?
(a) Saint Nikolaus with angels.
(b) Santa Claus with angels.
(c) The family's guardian angels.
(d) Jesus with angels.
4. Why does Father Wasner become a regular at the von Trapp villa?
(a) He realizes the family is serious about singing.
(b) He entertains the family with amusing stories.
(c) He is invited to teach the children theology.
(d) He has nowhere else to go.
5. When Maria gives birth to her first child, Rosemarie, this is Georg's:
(a) Eighth child.
(b) Seventh child.
(c) Twelfth child.
(d) Tenth child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a Nazi official comes to the von Trapp household, what does he tell Georg to do?
2. After Maria gives birth to her second child, she needs surgery for kidney stones. How many stones are removed?
3. When Maria suggests the children wear play-suits, what does the Baroness say?
4. What does the performer Lotte Lehmann encourage the von Trapps to do?
5. While Maria is recovering from kidney stone surgery, she mischievously tricks a nurse, Sister Agrosia, into believing what?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)