|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter XIII, And the Lord Said to Abram . . ..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria's second baby is named:
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what information does Georg receive regarding his bank?
(a) It burned down.
(b) It is bankrupt.
(c) It has been robbed.
(d) It was bought out by a competitor.
3. At first, how does Georg feel about his children and wife performing on stage?
(a) He doesn't know what to think.
(b) He thinks it's demeaning.
(c) He is excited for them.
(d) He feels they should get paid.
4. As Maria adjusts to life at the villa, what becomes her morning routine?
(a) She teaches the older children Biblical lessons and religious songs before sending them off to school and spending an hour in prayer and meditation.
(b) She washes clothes before breakfast, then wakes the children and prepares a large breakfast for the family.
(c) She sits in the garden for prayer and meditation, and then has a simple breakfast by herself before starting a full day of teaching the children.
(d) She wakes the children up, serves them breakfast, and sends the older ones to school before teaching the younger ones who stay home.
5. What does the performer Lotte Lehmann encourage the von Trapps to do?
(a) Perform in a singing festival.
(b) Sing at her wedding reception.
(c) Perform for a visiting dignitary.
(d) Sing at a benefit for orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria think of the villa's garden?
2. When Maria becomes pregnant again and doctors want her to end the pregnancy because of her weak kidneys, what does Maria do?
3. When the Nazi party replaces teachers at the children's school, students are taught that:
4. Where does the family sing in the mornings at their villa?
5. After the Salzburg music festivals are over, the children notice that Maria is no longer joining them in volleyball. What reason does she give for not participating in their games?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)