|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter XIV, The New House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the von Trapp family members do to pass the time while imprisoned at Ellis Island?
(a) Make crafts.
(c) Write letters.
2. How do the von Trapps end up back in America when the war breaks out?
(a) They use fake passports.
(b) Mr. Wagner provides them with tickets back.
(c) They hide in a ship, traveling as stowaways.
(d) Their friends, Mr. and Mrs. Drinker, fly them back.
3. When the family is invited to perform at a diplomatic reception for dignitaries in Austria, what do they decide?
(a) They need to liven up their performance.
(b) It would be an honor.
(c) They must sew new clothes for the occasion.
(d) They're out of their league.
4. Why does Maria feel it's all right for the family to sing on radio?
(a) She figures no harm can come if their music makes Austrians happy.
(b) They can sing anonymously.
(c) It is an honor to sing on the same station that plays Bach and Mozart.
(d) Other local groups will be singing with them.
5. Why is the family detained at Ellis Island?
(a) It's customary to detain all newcomers.
(b) Maria answers a question incorrectly to an immigration officer.
(c) The youngest child has the chicken pox.
(d) They have no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family receive a phone call from a Salzburg radio station manager?
2. Who hears the Trapp family singing on a radio program?
3. Who else lives on the Vermont property with the von Trapps?
4. Where are the von Trapps when war breaks out in 1939?
5. On their Vermont property, the von Trapps:
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)