Part One: Chapter I, Just Loaned | Part One: Chapter II, Glories of the Past
• Maria is worried because she's been summoned by the Reverend Mother.
• On doctor's orders, Maria is sent away from the convent to alleviate her headaches.
• She is to spend a year teaching the bedridden child of a former sea captain.
• At the Trapp Villa, she meets Baron von Trapp and his children.
• Having dinner with the Baron, his children, and Baroness Matilda, who presides over the household staff, Maria wonders why there are so many crystal dishes.
• Maria feels homesick but is comforted by the sight of "Untersberg," her favorite mountain.
• She tries to get used to the huge mansion and all the people there, including maids, the cook, and the gardener.
• Baroness Matilda tells Maria about the Baron's life.
• Maria learns that von Trapp's military heroism in World War I earned him the...
This section contains 3,463 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)