|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator admit he kept from the bullfight on May 7th?
(a) The bull testicle.
(b) His ticket.
(c) A fan.
(d) A horn.
2. How is Granero.killed?
(a) He is stabbed through the leg by the bull's horn.
(b) He is stabbed through the head by the bull's horn.
(c) He is stabbed through the stomach by the bull's horn.
(d) He is stabbed through the heart by the bull's horn.
3. What does Simone want to do with the testicles?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Sit in the dish of them.
(c) Hold them in her hands.
(d) Throw them.
4. What does the narrator note is associated in his mind with urine?
5. Who is supposed to dine with the trio following the bull fight?
(a) La Driesto.
(d) La Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simone begin with in her egg obsession?
2. What does Simone compare to urine?
3. Who kills the first bull of the fight?
4. What does the narrator do when the mother enters the bedroom?
5. What does the narrator say about the time following Simone's accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marcelle in Chapter 8, and why?
2. Explain why Simone and the narrator do not speak of eggs, or of any other portion of their unusual sexual relationship.
3. Describe what Simone begins enjoying doing with eggs at the beginning of Chapter 6.
4. What does the narrator believe is the goal of his own lack of moral discipline?
5. In Chapter 6, the author purposefully italicizes the words "wide eyes" and "white eggs". What is the significance of this?
6. Why does the narrator claim he does not care for "normal" pleasures, and why even dirty pleasures have become unsatisfying?
7. Describe the narrator's thoughts about Marcelle as the couple rides home from the sanitarium in Chapter 5.
8. Why does the narrator claim he believes Simone urinates on the corpse of Marcelle?
9. Explain the change in Simone following the death of Marcelle.
10. Based on the narrator's claims at the end of Chapter 6, what does the episode with eggs indicate about the future of the characters?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)