|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simone do to the body of Marcelle?
(a) Cuts it.
(b) Defecates on it.
(c) Vomits on it.
(d) Urinates on it.
2. What is Marcelle doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Kissing the narrator.
(b) Staring into space.
(c) Choking Simone.
3. What does the couple plan to do concerning Marcelle?
(a) They plan to free her.
(b) They plan to kill her.
(c) They plan to kidnap her for ransom.
(d) They plan to go see her.
4. What does Simone compare to urine?
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A fire.
5. What is one of the causes for the trio's irritation at the bullfight?
(a) They are too cold.
(b) They are sitting in the bright sun.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They don't like the noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the couple fear will overtake Marcelle?
2. How does the couple get Marcelle's attention?
3. What does Simone imagine the narrator doing to her breasts?
4. Who delivers the eggs to the room?
5. What does Simone do with the second bull testicle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marcelle in Chapter 8, and why?
2. Discuss Simone's episode with the raw bull testicle. Include what happens when she first receives it, and the end result.
3. Explain how the author notes the change in Marcelle as he describes her actions when Simone and the narrator are freeing her from the sanitarium.
4. What are the three things that fascinate Simone about bullfights?
5. What tradition does Sir Edmond tell Simone of, and what is her response?
6. What does the confusion between the cardinal and the narrator on the part of Marcelle seem to show?
7. Describe the narrator's thoughts about Marcelle as the couple rides home from the sanitarium in Chapter 5.
8. Explain the narrator's actions as the couple stops the first time on their journey home from the sanitarium in Chapter 5.
9. What does Marcelle seem to fear most at the end of Chapter 7, and what does the narrator realize this fear relates to?
10. Explain the change in Simone following the death of Marcelle.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)