|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Simone gently kicks the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) The narrator trips and falls.
(b) A gun goes off.
(c) He kicks her back.
(d) He becomes aroused.
2. What does the couple see when they look up at Marcelle's window?
(a) A bullet hole in the glass.
(c) A guard.
(d) A dove.
3. Who is called at the end of Chapter 2?
(b) The servants.
(d) The hospital.
4. What happens to end the meeting between Marcelle and the couple?
(a) Marcelle faints.
(b) Simone pulls Marcelle back inside.
(c) Marcelle jumps from the window.
(d) Simone runs away.
5. What effect does the startling event at the beginning of Chapter 4 have on Simone?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the couple go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What causes the couple to be alarmed as they lay together on a cliff after sexual play?
3. Who catches the couple in the parlor in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who does not appear at the house with the other parents at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does the narrator note is a bizarre feeling as he runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why, despite being modest, Simone and the narrator have the relationship they have?
2. Explain what Marcelle does during the orgy, and once the narrator lets her go.
3. Explain what happens to Marcelle in Chapter 1.
4. How does the narrator avoid police capture in Chapter 3 and how is this possible?
5. Explain what the narrator thinks as he chases down the unknown naked woman, and the reality of who the woman is.
6. Explain the mother's first encounter with the couple in their actions, and her reaction, as well as their reaction to the mother.
7. Explain what the narrator does after fleeing the orgy and before seeking Simone.
8. Explain how the orgy in Chapter 2 takes place.
9. What does the narrator explain causes his and Simone's sexual dream to turn in to a nightmare?
10. What does Simone develop an urge to do with eggs at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)