|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the couple forced to do to leave the area?
(a) Hide in a train car.
(b) Walk home.
(c) Steal clothing.
(d) Ride their bicycles naked.
2. What does Simone compare to an egg?
(a) The eye.
(b) The rear.
(c) A ball.
(d) The hand.
3. How does Marcelle die?
(a) Simone shoots her.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She falls from a balcony.
(d) She hangs herself.
4. What does Simone do with the first bull testicle?
(a) She holds it in her hands.
(b) She places it in her vulva.
(c) She throws it.
(d) She eats it.
5. What feeling does the narrator equate with the moment all three are as calm as death?
6. What does Sir Edmond do with the blond mannequin?
(a) Asks Simone to shoot it.
(b) Asks Simone to urinate on it.
(c) Asks Simone to stab it.
(d) Makes love to it.
7. What stories does the narrator read aloud to Simone?
(a) Stories of crime and violence.
(b) Love stories.
(c) Stories of disease.
(d) Stories of wealth.
8. What does Simone ask Sir Edmond to do for her?
(a) Bring her the raw testicles of a bull.
(b) Bring her the raw ears of a bull.
(c) Bring her the raw tongue of a bull.
(d) Bring her the raw eyes of a bull.
9. Where do the narrator and Simone make love at the bullfight?
(a) In an outhouse.
(b) In the arena.
(c) In the stands.
(d) In the bull pen.
10. What does Simone propose she will do with the eggs?
(a) Swallow them whole.
(b) Throw them.
(c) Defecate on them.
(d) Eat them.
11. What does the couple discuss concerning eggs at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Nothing, as they never speak of their obsessions.
(b) Their similarity to eyes.
(c) Their sexual powers.
(d) Their beauty.
12. What does the narrator compare the peeled bull testicles to?
(a) A human testicle.
(b) The white of a cloud in the sky.
(c) The globe of an eye.
(d) A hard boiled egg.
13. What does the narrator say is the outcome of his erection?
14. What does the couple order from the cooks?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Soft boiled eggs without the shell.
(c) Toast and eggs.
(d) Colored hard boiled eggs.
15. What do the narrator and Simone do next to the corpse?
(b) Hold one another.
(c) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator unsatisfied with "usual debauchery"?
2. What does the narrator do for Simone during their first stop?
3. From whom does Marcelle ask the narrator to protect her?
4. What does Simone do to the body of Marcelle?
5. What does Simone compare to urine?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)