|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Simone grow to love?
2. What does the narrator admit he cares for in terms of sex?
(a) Pleasurable sex.
(b) Dirty sex.
(c) Gentle sex.
(d) Pure sex.
3. Why does the narrator claim others see the world as decent?
(a) Because decent people have gilded eyes.
(b) Because decency can't see indecency.
(c) Because decent people are stupid.
(d) Because decent people don't pay attention.
4. What does Simone begin with in her egg obsession?
(a) Breaking eggs on the wall.
(b) Placing uncooked eggs in the toilet.
(c) Eating raw eggs.
(d) Placing hard boiled eggs in the toilet.
5. What is the couple forced to do to leave the area?
(a) Walk home.
(b) Steal clothing.
(c) Hide in a train car.
(d) Ride their bicycles naked.
6. What does Simone do with the first bull testicle?
(a) She throws it.
(b) She eats it.
(c) She holds it in her hands.
(d) She places it in her vulva.
7. Who delivers the eggs to the room?
(b) Simone's mother.
(c) The maid.
(d) Sir Edmond.
8. How does Marcelle die?
(a) Simone shoots her.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She falls from a balcony.
(d) She hangs herself.
9. What does Simone do to the body of Marcelle?
(a) Vomits on it.
(b) Urinates on it.
(c) Defecates on it.
(d) Cuts it.
10. From whom does Marcelle ask the narrator to protect her?
(b) The cardinal.
(c) Her parents.
11. What causes Simone to climax as she watches the eggs?
(a) One is flushed.
(b) One is floating.
(c) One takes on water and breaks.
(d) One is different colored.
12. What does the couple plan to do concerning Marcelle?
(a) They plan to kidnap her for ransom.
(b) They plan to free her.
(c) They plan to go see her.
(d) They plan to kill her.
13. What does the narrator imagine he will do with the rest of his life?
(a) Devote it to himself
(b) Devote it to Marcelle.
(c) Devote it to Simone.
(d) Devote it to sexuality.
14. What does Simone do following her climax?
(a) Urinates on the eggs.
(b) Makes love.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Takes a bath.
15. What does the narrator think when he first reaches Simone?
(a) That she is dead.
(b) That she has a broken ankle.
(c) That she is asleep.
(d) That she is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to dine with the trio following the bull fight?
2. With what does the narrator associate the moon?
3. What does the narrator compare the peeled bull testicles to?
4. What does the narrator say is the outcome of his erection?
5. What is noted about Granero's body at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)