|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator claim others see the world as decent?
(a) Because decency can't see indecency.
(b) Because decent people don't pay attention.
(c) Because decent people have gilded eyes.
(d) Because decent people are stupid.
2. What does Marcelle say to the narrator that first indicates she is mentally unwell?
(a) She tells him she is Simone.
(b) She notes she is at home.
(c) She notes she is in a castle.
(d) She notes they can now get married.
3. What does the narrator imagine he will do with the rest of his life?
(a) Devote it to Simone.
(b) Devote it to Marcelle.
(c) Devote it to sexuality.
(d) Devote it to himself
4. Why does Marcelle think she saw a cardinal of the guillotine outside the wardrobe?
(a) She was insane.
(b) The narrator was wearing a red cap and was smeared with blood.
(c) One of the other guests was wearing a red cap and was smeared with blood.
(d) Simone was wearing a red cap and was smeared with blood.
5. What does Simone propose she will do with the eggs?
(a) Swallow them whole.
(b) Defecate on them.
(c) Throw them.
(d) Eat them.
6. What does the narrator say is the outcome of his erection?
7. What does the narrator admit is his fault?
(a) Marcelle's death.
(b) The state of the threesome's existence.
(c) Simone's death.
(d) A car accident.
8. What does Simone do following her climax?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Makes love.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Urinates on the eggs.
9. What do Simone and the narrator fantasize about Marcelle and eggs?
(a) That they lay her on a bed of eggs and make love.
(b) That they feed her eggs while she is in the bath.
(c) That they feed her eggs while she is laying down.
(d) That they lay her in a tub of eggs and she urinates.
10. What does Simone do while Granero is being killed?
11. What happens to Simone's sexual cravings?
(a) They become non-existent.
(b) They become less exciting.
(c) They become more violent.
(d) They become loving and tender.
12. What does Simone compare to urine?
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A fire.
13. What does the narrator believe will happen if he and Simone die?
(a) They will be mourned.
(b) Their imaginary world will fill with stars.
(c) They will not be mourned.
14. How does Marcelle die?
(a) Simone shoots her.
(b) She falls from a balcony.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
15. How would the narrator start again with Marcelle?
(a) By caressing her.
(b) By dunking her hair in a toilet.
(c) By raping her.
(d) By killing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the couple discuss concerning eggs at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What happens when the narrator first tries to kiss Marcelle?
3. Who delivers the eggs to the room?
4. What does Simone ask Sir Edmond to do for her?
5. What do the narrator and Simone do next to the corpse?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)