|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simone do when she wins the bet?
(a) Kisses the narrator.
(b) Leaves the room.
(c) Kisses Marcelle.
(d) Pulls down the pants of one young boy.
2. What does Simone do with these objects?
(a) Breaks them.
(b) Stares at them.
(c) Eats them.
(d) Paints them.
3. What does the narrator suggest he is going to do to the woman when he catches her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Kidnap her.
(c) Turn her over to police.
(d) Rape her.
4. What does Marcelle do when she returns to the room?
(a) Joins in.
(d) Recoils in horror.
5. What happens when Simone gently kicks the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) A gun goes off.
(b) He kicks her back.
(c) The narrator trips and falls.
(d) He becomes aroused.
6. Who catches the couple in the parlor in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Simone's mother.
(c) Sir Edmond.
(d) Simone's father.
7. Who is called at the end of Chapter 2?
(b) The hospital.
(d) The servants.
8. What does the narrator note is a bizarre feeling as he runs?
(a) The grass against his feet.
(b) The sound of his breath.
(c) The sound in his ears.
(d) The wind against his naked body.
9. Who does the narrator meet on a beach in Chapter 1?
(a) Sir Edmond.
10. What does the narrator contemplate doing in Chapter 3?
(a) Killing Simone.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Killing his parents.
(d) Raping Simone.
11. How does the couple travel in Chapter 4?
(a) By bicycle.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
12. What does the couple notice once they scale the wall?
(a) Someone walking along the grounds.
(b) Someone screaming.
(c) Someone hanging a sheet out a window.
(d) Someone hanging from a tree.
13. What smells linger in the room?
(a) Salt and food.
(b) Blood, sperm, urine, and vomit.
(c) Wine and food.
(d) Beer, wine, urine, and salt.
14. What causes the couple to be alarmed as they lay together on a cliff after sexual play?
(a) A brewing storm.
(b) Footsteps in the grass.
(c) The sound of an oncoming car.
(d) A scream.
15. How many other boys attend the event?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Simone state she will only "do it" with?
2. What does the narrator note about the colors of the girls' stockings?
3. What does the couple imagine Marcelle doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What item does the narrator take from his parents' home?
5. How many other girls attend the event?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)