|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do when he lays with Simone on the beach?
(a) Shoots her.
(b) Removes his clothing.
(d) Removes her clothing.
2. What does the narrator do as he orgasms?
(a) Yells out.
(b) Fires the gun.
(c) Shoots Simone.
(d) Kicks Simone.
3. What does the narrator threaten in a note to his mother?
(a) Disclosure of family secrets.
(b) To run away.
(d) To turn his brother in.
4. What does Simone bet she can do?
(a) Stand nude in front of everyone.
(b) Urinate on a tablecloth.
(c) Steal a car.
(d) Dance the Charleston.
5. Where does the couple go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The sanitarium.
(b) Marcelle's home.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The prison.
6. What item does the narrator take from his parents' home?
(a) A knife.
(b) A comb.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A toothbrush.
7. What does Simone do when she wins the bet?
(a) Pulls down the pants of one young boy.
(b) Leaves the room.
(c) Kisses the narrator.
(d) Kisses Marcelle.
8. What does Simone ask one young boy to do?
(b) Have sex with her.
(d) Urinate on her.
9. What does the couple do when a person arrives during their sexual play?
(a) They quickly dress.
(b) They rape the person.
(c) They pretend they are clothed.
(d) They run and hide in the bushes.
10. Who catches the couple in the parlor in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Sir Edmond.
(b) Simone's mother.
(d) Simone's father.
11. What does the couple invite Marcelle to?
(a) A movie.
(b) A social hour.
(c) A dance.
(d) A tea party.
12. What brings the parents to the room at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The children's laughter.
(b) Marcelle's screams.
(c) The breaking of a window.
(d) The yelling of Simone.
13. What happens to end the meeting between Marcelle and the couple?
(a) Simone runs away.
(b) Simone pulls Marcelle back inside.
(c) Marcelle jumps from the window.
(d) Marcelle faints.
14. What causes the narrator to have a violent orgasm?
(a) The storm.
(b) A combination of Simone, the storm, and the gun.
(d) The gun.
15. What does the couple see on a sheet in a window?
(b) A flowered pattern.
(c) A urine stain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heightens the couple's sexuality at the end of Chapter 1?
2. When does Simone have her first orgasm with the narrator?
3. Why do the narrator and Simone not have sex?
4. What does the couple imagine Marcelle doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Who was the woman the narrator saw come out of the building?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)