|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Open Eyes of the Deadwoman; Chapter 9, Lewd Animals; Chapter 10, Granero's Eye.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Simone's clothing?
(a) The wind blew away her dress.
(b) She threw it in the river.
(c) She can't remember.
(d) She tore it on the window.
2. What does Sir Edmond do with the blond mannequin?
(a) Asks Simone to urinate on it.
(b) Makes love to it.
(c) Asks Simone to shoot it.
(d) Asks Simone to stab it.
3. What does Simone do to her mother when she discovers them in the barn in Chapter 2?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Asks her to join.
(c) Urinates on her.
(d) Ignores her.
4. Who joins the couple in the latter part of Chapter 1?
(a) Sir Edmond.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) Simone's mother.
5. What does the couple do throughout the evening that is unusual for them?
(a) Make love.
(b) Sleep separately.
(c) Stay awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the startling event at the beginning of Chapter 4 have on Simone?
2. What does the couple invite Marcelle to?
3. What does the narrator note he is frightened of?
4. How does the couple get Marcelle's attention?
5. What does the narrator note Marcelle has become?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)