|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Marcelle's Smell; Chapter 4, A Sunspot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not appear at the house with the other parents at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Marcelle's parents.
(b) The police.
(c) The narrator's parents.
(d) George's parents.
2. Who does the narrator meet on a beach in Chapter 1?
(c) Sir Edmond.
3. What do the two youths do together following Simone's actions in Chapter 1?
(a) Have sex.
(c) Leave for Rome.
4. What does the narrator note about the colors of the girls' stockings?
(a) Marcelle's are black, while Simone's are white.
(b) Simone's are black, while Marcelle's are white.
(c) They are both black.
(d) They are both white.
5. Who catches the couple in the parlor in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Simone's mother.
(b) Simone's father.
(d) Sir Edmond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator and Simone not have sex?
2. What does the couple notice once they scale the wall?
3. Where does Simone first urinate on the narrator?
4. How does Simone know the narrator has stayed up late?
5. What effect does the startling event at the beginning of Chapter 4 have on Simone?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)