Chapter 1, The Cat's Eye; Chapter 2, The Antique Wardrobe
1. What does the narrator note he is frightened of?
(c) Anything sexual.
2. Who does the narrator meet on a beach in Chapter 1?
(b) Sir Edmond.
3. What does the narrator dare Simone to do in Chapter 1?
(a) Sit in the saucer.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Go outside nude.
(d) Have sex with him.
4. What do the two youths do together following Simone's actions in Chapter 1?
(c) Have sex.
(d) Leave for Rome.
5. How does Simone know the narrator has stayed up late?
(a) He tells her.
(b) He yawns.
(c) She sees a light in his room.
(d) Dark circles under his eyes.
6. What do the couple hit in their car that causes them to reflect on their relationship?
(a) An animal.
(b) A bicyclist.
(c) A small child.
(d) Another vehicle.
7. When does Simone have her first orgasm with the narrator?
(a) At the site of the accident.
(b) As she fondles him in the parlor.
(c) As she sinks into the saucer of milk.
(d) In bed.
This section contains 4,314 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)