|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deanna reject as Darren is leaving?
(a) Deanna's mother's offer of a ride to work.
(b) Darren's offer of a ride to work.
(c) Darren saying she cannot be a part of their life in the way she wants.
(d) Deanna's father's comforting arm.
2. Who arrives at Deanna's work later that day?
(a) Some of Tommy's friends.
(b) Darren, Stacy, and April.
3. What does Deanna plan over the next couple days?
(a) How to repair her relationship with her father.
(b) How to break the news that she is moving out.
(c) How to talk to Lee.
(d) A goodbye party for Stacy and Darren.
4. What does Jason suggest Deanna do after they kiss?
(b) Tell Lee.
(c) Come back in his bedroom.
(d) Not tell Lee.
5. What prompts Deanna to reveal her fantasy of being part of Stacy and Darren's life?
(a) A critical comment from Deanna's father.
(b) Darren saying he feels overwhelmed with responsibility for April.
(c) Darren preparing to take April with him in search of Stacy.
(d) Deanna's mother being less-than-helpful to Darren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tommy go when he is ostensibly taking Deanna home?
2. When is Deanna to meet up with Jason?
3. What does Michael confess to Deanna?
4. What chance does Deanna miss?
5. What does Deanna realize about Tommy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Deanna goes to meet Jason and Lee at the Taco Bell?
2. Why is Deanna surprised at work and why is Darren surprised when he arrives at her workplace?
3. What does Darren learn when he calls Stacy's family?
4. Why is Deanna relieved when she calls Jason to tell him about Stacy?
5. How does Deanna miss an opportunity to close the gap between her and her father?
6. Why does Deanna call Jason to come earlier and what do they do?
7. What does Stacy say about Darren's belief in Deanna?
8. How does Michael reveal that he has hurt someone in a romantic relationship?
9. What does Deanna ask Jason when she is in tears and what is his response?
10. What does Deanna reflect about concerning the new family she had wanted to make for herself?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)